Graphics problem maybe video card driver related

Ramstein

I have a Graphics problem maybe video card driver related. I recently updated my ATI Radeon 2900 Pro video card drivers to Catalyst 9.6. I have just noticed that when I go into the editor to work on a mission map, and I went to write a breifing, it is totally unreadable. Also, the lettering on the options settings buttons is garbage. It almost looks like Crylic, but it is really just garbage.

I think it could be my new Catalyst drivers. before I updated them from 9.3 to 9.6 I did not have this problem. I tried to change some settingss, but that made no difference. Of course my AI in the Catalyst panel is set to standard for all my flight sims.

Anyone know what is wrong? is it just the new ATI 9.6 Cat's? I hate to change them back to an older version.

When I am flying everything looks fine. This is in WinXP.

Thanx,

06-22-09_BS_ATI_Cat9.6_Grapyhics.thumb.jpg.a50c5aeb215d1731643abe67605ff1a6.jpg

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I use Windows Classic in WinXP. I am having no problems in Windows 7 with fonts in Black Shark.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I've noticed that whenever I update my graphics drivers, things that use custom fonts (like my LCD profile on my G15) go all crazy and illegible, and I have to piece them back together again. It's very annoying, but I've never had it happen within an application like you're describing...

• Like 1

I would guess Font issue - maybe activated by someone or something (software) messing with:

- Standard DPI settings (Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced), which causes some font to resize according due to the DPI change.

- Font Size (Display Properties -> Appereance) been changed?

Maybe you can have a look at those two? And/Or maybe reset some defaults to those themes and setups in Windows?

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Shot in the dark: try changing the "Alternate Pixel Center" option in CCC.

Ah, I remember you had to do that on some Falcon 4 setups back in the old days to align the text on the HUD. Good old days.

Sorry OT - keep on :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Guest BravoYankee4

You think your start up screen is messed up, then watch this ;)

I Have a NVIDIA Geforce 7800GTX, with the latest drivers (according to their web site).

Has anyone any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

All help is much appreciated.

Blackshark.thumb.jpg.0444107072b330179856e701d3ca3ead.jpg

In my case, it appeaars ATI Catalyst 9.6 maybe to blame. I am going to wait until Cat 9.7 come out in a few weeks. Too much of a hassle to uninstall 9.6 and try 9.7 Cat 9.7 RC3. Will wait for official release.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I installed ATI Radeon Catalyst 9.7 RC3 and it fixed my graphics problems that I had in both Black Shark and IL-2..

:thumbup:

WinXP x32

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

You think your start up screen is messed up, then watch this ;)

I Have a NVIDIA Geforce 7800GTX, with the latest drivers (according to their web site).

Has anyone any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

All help is much appreciated.

New nvidia drivers do the same to when for the very first boot into windows after I install them.

never used to happen, it suddenly happend about 2 drivers ago, uninstalled, driver sweeper reboot and install and then when pc first boots into windows with the new driver BANG, it looks as though I have taken a whole bag of magic mushrooms, then it goes away on the next reboot.

• 1 month later...

now I changed my video card from Radeon 2900 Pro PCI-e 512MB to the Radeon HD3870 PCI-e 512 MB video card. The ATI Catalyst 9.7 suck bad with artifacts. I have finally gotten my in Game Graphics to medium settings again, but the artifacts are horrible.

I am wondering which ATI Catalyst to use. I am going back a few versions.

Edited by Ramstein

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Are these artifacts maybe tearing effects because of missing vsync? Enable Vsync is broken since 8.12 i guess. I use the dirextx overide from the riva tuner tools to enable vsync in BS, since BS lacks an option to enable it in the game.

AMD Phenom 2 X4 955BE @ 3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P

ATI Radeon 4890 1024MB, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM

TrackIR 4, Windows 7 x64

I am currently using older Catalyst 8.11 because of the miserable articats and tearing I got from many other Catalyst versions..

but what disturbing is my orignal video card (Sapphire ATI Radeon 2900 Pro 512MB PCI-e) was great.. this newer Sapphire 3870 video card gives a terrible video screen in Black SharK with tearing/artifacts and so far the best solution for this video card is Catalyst 8.11. The Radeon 2900 pro I could choose just about any Catalyst version. It leaves me perplexed :cry::helpsmilie:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI