DCS WWII: Europe 1944

I thought the P51 was done as something for one of the investors or something? I don't really care to see a whole lot more of it. I have bought everything to date just to show my support, but it makes no sense if I don't fly any of it.

Just stick to modern jets, no problem at all ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the P51 was done as something for one of the investors or something? I don't really care to see a whole lot more of it. I have bought everything to date just to show my support, but it makes no sense if I don't fly any of it.

Well then be sure to let RRG studios know you don't want to fly WW2 planes. I'm sure they'll drop all of their plans. :P

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Well then be sure to let RRG studios know you don't want to fly WW2 planes. I'm sure they'll drop all of their plans. :P

I'm sure they will be utterly impressed by such a request. If one doesn't want to fly warbirds, there are plenty of modern era offerings in DCS to date.

I for one am very glad DCS/RRG is investing in WWII era planes. The flight envelope seems tighter than modern era planes, which makes for more pure flying in my opinion.

Killing a matched aerial opponent with guns or even a ground target with unguided rockets or bombs requires more skill than the fire-and-forget type of ordnance found on modern day fighters.

If you're interested in weapons and radar management then stick to modern era planes, if you're interested in pure flying pleasure and engine management then try a warbird ... I'm enjoying both, but more so the vintage ones.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille
  • Like 1

I'm sure they will be utterly impressed by such a request. If one doesn't want to fly warbirds, there are plenty of modern era offerings in DCS to date.

I for one am very glad DCS/RRG is investing in WWII era planes. The flight envelope seems tighter than modern era planes, which makes for more pure flying in my opinion.

Killing a matched aerial opponent with guns or even a ground target with unguided rockets or bombs requires more skill than the fire-and-forget type of ordnance found on modern day fighters.

If you're interested in weapons and radar management then stick to modern era planes, if you're interested in pure flying pleasure and engine management then try a warbird ... I'm enjoying both, but more so the vintage ones.

Yes variety is the spice of life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Precisely why I don't fly simulated modern combat aircraft. Stick and rudder work and lining up a target in the gun sight is far more rewarding for me than

memorizing hundreds of pages of manuals on systems management. Korea is about as modern as I would ever want to get. Sure there are jets, but it's still

the pilot and his crate vs. another pilot in his crate, not which geek (Bob or Boris) programmed the best ECM suite, or whatever you modern jet jocks call it. EL hates acronyms too...

:P

Fortunately we live in times that allow each of us to experience the era of air combat that we like best. Is this not a good thing?

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature" - T.E. Lawrence

Sure there are jets, but it's still

the pilot and his crate vs. another pilot in his crate, not which geek (Bob or Boris) programmed the best ECM suite, or whatever you modern jet jocks call it. EL hates acronyms too...

We call it having even more skills than the stick and rudder guy. :D

Fortunately we live in times that allow each of us to experience the era of air combat that we like best. Is this not a good thing?

:pilotfly:

And that's the point of DCSW! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Great...will support, this is good news.

Looking forward to the Sept. 1st reveal

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Precisely why I don't fly simulated modern combat aircraft. Stick and rudder work and lining up a target in the gun sight is far more rewarding for me than memorizing hundreds of pages of manuals on systems management.

Much less than you think.

If you want to use weapon upgrades, personal weapons, gunner-stations and bombs in RoF you need a lot more buttons than to fly the A-10C.

I'd even say that you need more buttons to work a plane efficiently in IL2 than you need for simplified Flaming-Cliff-Planes like the F-15C and the Mig29.

And then, there's nothing that comes as close to WW2 than flying a gun-run with the A-10 oder Su25. :pilotfly:

• Like 1

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Apologies if somebody has already asked but do we know if this will be a WWII module that will install into DCSW or are we talking a stand alone flight simulator?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Apologies if somebody has already asked but do we know if this will be a WWII module that will install into DCSW or are we talking a stand alone flight simulator?

On first reading, it appears to be a new branch of the DCS... meaning (possibly) the current jet age which is combined with the piston era of the air combat genre. The Combined arms, could well be considered the ground war branch(?)

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Many of us enjoy both worlds... Jets full of advanced avionics and Classic WW2 Warbirds.

No need for a fight over what's best.

@Wolf Rider

The is no need for too much semantics. Luthier said it was just a not perfect word choosing. The WW2 project will be part of DCS World as a module. It will have it's own campaigns, maps and other assets that will be used "consistently" inside the module but they can be used inside DCS World as any owner of both wishes.

Same goes for CA etc, isn't it?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

@ Zaelu...

I'm sure Westr appreciates your helping with the enquiry made :smilewink:

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• ED Team
The Bf-110 will need multicrew (pilot + radio operator / gunner) ;)

I'm ok with that :)

I will be interested in the announcement, doing P-51 level aircraft is a lot of work, I would be happy with a number of WWII birds just shy of the P-51 level, with fully functional cockpits, but we will see... I love the damage model in CloD, I can remember one day having my left wing tore up that my left gear released and hung loose, I was able to safely crash land, but when I came to a stop the gear gave way...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I'm ok with that :)

I will be interested in the announcement, doing P-51 level aircraft is a lot of work, I would be happy with a number of WWII birds just shy of the P-51 level, with fully functional cockpits, but we will see... I love the damage model in CloD, I can remember one day having my left wing tore up that my left gear released and hung loose, I was able to safely crash land, but when I came to a stop the gear gave way...

There was a lot of good stuff about COD the damage model as you pointed out and I don't know if its just me but the sea looks great in COD. Unfortunately there was a lot wrong with it too but you can see the developers had talent. Hopefully the link with DCS will be a perfect blend.....

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

• ED Team

Well with them developing for DCS World, with EDGE, all they need to worry about is building their planes/vehicles/maps to fit that, and hopefully they will thrive without the pressure of a publisher over them. I hope for them to put their best foot forward...

There was a lot of good stuff about COD the damage model as you pointed out and I don't know if its just me but the sea looks great in COD. Unfortunately there was a lot wrong with it too but you can see the developers had talent. Hopefully the link with DCS will be a perfect blend.....

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I have a good feeling about this I think its gonna be a classic!......and remembered/played for years to come...

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO