re-install issues (not game related)

GAU-8

hi,

i'll just jump right to it.

when i purchased BS, I at the time had an internet connection, installed the game, used the CD key, + ACTIVATION key, and all was set. it played (barely..but that was due to my system, it wasnt strong enough) but computer crashed later on. so gaming was shelved.

so here is my dilemma. I currently dont have internet for the PC (just only my phone right now) or if i visit "the mom". I have built a new PC rig, but right now i cant get my activation to work since i dont have online capabilities. I DO see that you guys have a fix for it...but i guess i have come into a gray area :P

certain functions between the web, and my phone dont work. (DROID) for whatever reason, i cant get an email sent out, to get a act key for non online use.

whats funny is that if I try to get the work around using the actual GAME side for instructions, the box for the phone number NEVER COMES UP. (even though isntructions says it will (and shows it) per the manual

simply no box/no number on screen (for the phone number).

soooo. can i just call a number somewhere and talk to a human, give them cd key info, then get the activation number?

thx.

Edited by GAU-8

Have you tried activating through this website: http://proactive.star-force.com/2.0/activate.php

You would get your license key, and have protect.exe get you a hardware code, then enter those on that site to get an activation key that you should then be able to enter into the protection suite. It does mean that you still need to get to a computer that's hooked up on the net, but in this case even an internet café would work (just make real sure to clean out browser history and so on so that your license key doesn't end up stored anywhere there).

I have not tried this method myself though (I've never been in your situation) but it is my understanding that that should work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

thanks for the move :)

(doing it by phone on tiny screen, and scrolling uuuuup, and dooooown, as soon as i saw "technical issues" or whatever thought.."that must be it..maybe":music_whistling:

I did try going to that site linked above, but it was by PHONE-internet..and thats where the "phone to web" issues wouldnt let me get the info..it would just load and load but nothing would happen)

I just REALLY didnt want to completely undo the whole "simpit" just to lug around a PC to get a code, then spend a few more hours installing everything back!

I will try out your suggestion, with actual internet capable machines (and not a phone):doh:

thanks for info, im sure that will do the trick! and i can get my :joystick: ON!