SA-342L Gunsight: Gun & Rocket Firing Parameters

Charly_Owl

Hi folks,

I was wondering if there was documentation available somewhere to know how to aim properly the machinegun and rockets using the gunsight. I see reticles but I don't quite know what ranges they indicate and at which range I should fire. The SA-342L having little ammunition, being precise is a must.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

I wouldn't count on any science behind them right now, the sights appear deformed (see the bugs section) and the rockets slight looks surprisingly similar to the Mi-8 sight.

Get close, aim in the middle and shoot.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

There is science behind it...it's just the recoil were working on tweaking.

I'm looking at getting the answer for you from our engineer. But in the meantime, I always close my eyes and let the force flow through me and then pull the trigger. The Death Star blows up and everyones happy.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

There is science behind it...it's just the recoil were working on tweaking.

I'm looking at getting the answer for you from our engineer. But in the meantime, I always close my eyes and let the force flow through me and then pull the trigger. The Death Star blows up and everyones happy.

Thanks Roie, I appreciate it.

I highly doubt that Gazelle pilots fire their rockets without somehow counting a little bit on science. ;)

In real life, sure, but in the game the rings are deformed. The sight has the same rings markings as Mi-8, but different angular dimensions.

Good luck with finding any logic behind that.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2845752&postcount=18

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The sight has been reworked so it's not distorted anymore, it will be part of a next update. Thanks for your patience.

In real life, sure, but in the game the rings are deformed. The sight has the same rings markings as Mi-8, but different angular dimensions.

Good luck with finding any logic behind that.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2845752&postcount=18

At the moment the sight is just a simple collimated sight like in WW2 planes.

No distance display or else, gun is 1200/1500m max range and rockets 4km range, no impact point calculation or else.

Hi folks,

I was wondering if there was documentation available somewhere to know how to aim properly the machinegun and rockets using the gunsight. I see reticles but I don't quite know what ranges they indicate and at which range I should fire. The SA-342L having little ammunition, being precise is a must.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

The sight has been reworked so it's not distorted anymore, it will be part of a next update. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Not only for Gazelle, but for other planes too (P-51, F-86) :)