Just Bought the Gazelle!!!

DarkCrow

I've been watching the Gazelle forums since it came out and have been wanting to get it. Since there was a sale today I just had to get it as I had 26 dollars in bonus points that I was able to use towards it.

I am going to love this bird! I have only flown it a couple times. I shot this video right after setting up the controls so I have virtually no experience in it. I have read the forums a lot so I knew what to expect and heard that the flight model is a lot easier now with the update. I fly with a Saitek X-55 with no extensions and I left all curves default. She takes a very light touch for sure and I will have to get use to the fly-by-wire. Maybe my video will encourage some of you that were intimidated by the Gazelle because of what the forums were saying. I don't know how bad it was but it is a piece of cake now. Just will take practice for more precision and anticipation of how the Gazelle will react to inputs.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Great job Polychop!! I will buy any helicopter you make.

Very nice. AFAIK unlike the Huey, the Gazelle should be flown using RH turns whenever possible.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Nice flying. :)

She was a bit more twitchy before, that's all.

Also some trouble when being light on the skids, but not unmanageable.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

On sunday I also tried it the first time since the patch (just for a few minutes, had to watch football), and the first thing I really had to do was removing the curves from the axes.

And wow, what a difference! I can now hover it decently without looking like having a seizure. Looking forward to try it some more.

She is still twitchy, and that's ok! She isn't a Huey and reacts very lightly to control inputs. But now it is manageable.

Now the only thing putting me off is the lack of FFB. At least a center force would be nice.

Edited by Aginor

How do you fly her so well. Are you a wizard?

As long as you don't excessive moves, you may be wizard too. :)

Nice vids and great flying DarkCrow!

By the way; The shadows of blades are too sharp. Is that v1.5.4's bug guys?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068