Can't See L Model Anywhere

Ligeti

I loaded up DCS just now hoping to fly the L model Gazelle but I can't see it anywhere.

Is there a manual update or some way of selecting the L model in a mission that isn't obvious?

Thanks for any advice, and sorry if this is a stupid question :-/

I haven't updated yet, so it's just a guess. You may need to create a mission. Put L version on an airfield manually.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I haven't updated yet, so it's just a guess. You may need to create a mission. Put L version on an airfield manually.

Thanks, I tried that but it didn't work.

I've just done more googling about updating and I think I can't see the L model because it's only part of the beta 1.5.4 not the current stable version.

I don't have the openbeta 1.5 installed and wasn't aware it existed (new to DCS). Installing it now and hope to be using cannons and rockets forthwith.

All working well now, DCS noob error alert :-/

Don't sweat it .. I've been around since Flanker 1.1 days and I only just noticed that too :lol:

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

• 3 weeks later...

For a quick mission for the "L" just load-up one of the current missions in the mission editor, change your helo to the "L" and save the mission with a new name. The "L" is not yet available in 2.0.2.