Campaign video preview

dimitriov

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some problems with mission 2.

First attempt, I used the vantage point that was seen in the video from the first post, but got shot down by a tank, T-72 IIRC.

After that, the campaign set itself back to mission 1, which is probably not intended - why do the fam flight again if it's mission 2 that I failed?

Second attempt, I used the same vantage point, destroyed an SA-9, a Shilka, a Zu-23 Ural, and an unarmed truck. After that, I ordered Meatboy to attack. He said something like "Roger, engaging Strela and Shilka", and then he just sat there hovering.

I tried to get him to engage by flying closer to the camp where we were attacked, but he just stayed in formation, not engaging anything. Repeated F10 "Meatboy attack" didn't do anything, either.

So without weapons and coming under fire from several Shilkas, I decided to RTB, where the mission results where 0, setting me back to mission 1 once again.

Thank goodness for logbook.lua and Notepad++, otherwise I'd have gone insane already. ;)

Did you land on the LZ before going to the combat zone ?

Erm, nope. :music_whistling:

I saw all those choppers down there but didn't realize I was supposed to land there as well.

However, I did hear a radio call indicating that the other choppers were going to assist my flight and cover our flanks. Not sure if I broke something by not landing, though.

I had the same issue regarding failing a mission, due to a slight lapse in concentration I may or may not have nicked the main rotor off :p

Anyways I exited out and went to retry the mission but it seems to remove my progress and sent me back to mission 1, which is extremely frustrating until I can get the logbook.lua thing working that lets me skip missions.

Other than that, I'm loving what I've seen, the chatter definitely helps make things nicer. I think this is gonna be a fun one!

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

Okay, flew mission 2 once again, landed at the LZ near WP2, and this time it all progressed smoothly. ;)

As a suggestion, though, I think if you award 50 points right after mission start, players would no be set back one mission if they fail the current one for whatever reason, but would simply have to re-play the same mission.

Edit:

[...] until I can get the logbook.lua thing working that lets me skip missions.

Check this file:

C:\Users\{Your Username}\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

I'm sure there are lots of explanations around the forum on which changes to make in order to progress in a specific campaign, but basically I think it's more or less self-explanatory. :thumbup:

Edited by Yurgon

Mission 8 "New Playmates" (flown in 1.5 Release Version, after logbook was transferred manually)

Screen_160514_01.jpg

Instead of what's written in the message box, the dialog I heard was actually something like:

"Sluggy, they're aiming at us."

"Meatboy 1, roger, engaging!"

If I hadn't waited to see that nothing happened, we might have accidentally started WWIII. :music_whistling:

Screen_160514_02.jpg

When coming in for landing, after getting the "MISSION FINISHED" message for the first time, Meatboy called with something about an Mi-8 and suggested we head for WP5 and then go east. I had successfully engaged an Mi-8 earlier in the mission. Is there a second one?

After landing near the green smoke, I still had results of 100.

Also: Landing on the field beyond the green smoke almost destroyed my helicopter. If a fix for this issue isn't in the making, a FARP would be a great help here.

On a more general note:

Several missions use a lot more than 9 waypoints. For all I know, the NADIR can't hold more than 9 at a time. So without being given coordinates for the remaining waypoints, how are players supposed to navigate the later parts of these missions?

Also: The mission planner tends to show some enemy units and several trigger zones (labeled something like "blabla" ;)). That means I ruin some of the surprises. But with no good way to navigate past WP9, if I can't even look at the mission planner, I'm almost flying blind.

Besides these (smallish, I think) issues, I must say though that I'm thoroughly enjoying the campaign, it's great to fly it, and the narration, both in terms of Voice Overs and in terms of how things progress, is really great and a lot of fun. Good job so far! :thumbup:

Me and my new BFF Meatboy will be tearing this campaign up this weekend. We did our first mission together last night and I was afraid there was going to have to be a fratricide incident when I first heard his accent, but he quickly grows on you. We can all learn a lot from Meatboy. Tally-Ho chaps!

Kneeboard, roger that, thx! :thumbup:

I don't like it that much, TBH. The map is not very detailed, in fact it is often quite wrong, showing roads or rivers that don't exist and not showing big landmarks, roads, villages, that do exist. Marking the aircraft's own position still feels a little bit like cheating IMO (but just a little bit. I try to argue to myself that it's the navigator who just marked the position on the map in order to improve my SA ;)).

Campaign looks great Dimitriov.

I actually like the voice-overs, had me smiling through it, well done Brixmis :thumbup: I was waiting for the "Broadsword calling Danny Boy" bit.. lol.... nice work guy's.

Water off a ducks back mate, take no notice. I thought the humour was great, it got me smiling. Well done chaps!

I guess you haven't come across many English military Officers? I knew LOTS of RAF aircrew that sounded just like that, on and off the radio!

Nooooo!!!

Seriously, this community should be VERY GREATFUL to guy's like these, the effort they put into this stuff is award worthy in my view.

Really enjoyed that video, thanks for posting it gents :thumbup:

+2

kneeboard on the pilots leg would be sickkk (also if u could manage its content)

Edited by rogonaut

Mission 12: RTB

• PDF says "Vodkov", Briefing and Mission call him "Volikov"
  • Volikov started popping flares as soon as he took off from Gori and didn't stop until we were close to the DMZ
  • Screen_160516_02.jpg
    Around the time my flight approached WP5, well south of the DMZ and closely following the flight plan, Russian units attacked us from the North. Pretty much everyone except me was hit but sustained no damage at all (Invincible = TRUE, I'm guessing).
  • Back at FARP Dublin, I got:
    "Request refuelling."
    "Unable".
    "Request rearming."
    "Copy".
  • Throughout the mission, there were explosions and smoke columns, ranging from west of Gori all the way to Tbilisi Vaziani airport. It always happened too far away for me to see what had caused it, but apparently some units either crashed or were shot down.
    Screen_160516_03.jpg
    Screen_160516_04.jpg
  • I also saw a badly damaged Gazelle at the town center of Gori, maybe a mid-air collision because the airspace is so crowded?
  • After taking off from Dublin again, a flight of 2*Ka-50 crossed the DMZ, flew straight over Gori and got shot by everything with a barrel, but sustained no damage at all. Then they went back North towards Ossetian territory.

Dimitriov love the campaign I am still in early stages but nice done with much French love...

But there small thing that could be better, sometime you gone lost in space when you play first time the campaign, example mission 3 Tatars going nuts in the mission against allied forces.

Would be nice we have coordinates on the kneeboard for emergency like helipad Paris, there is always enough time to play with the Nadir Doppler radar and for mission with more then 9 waypoints a flight plan with coordinates.

And for story driven campaign when you fail to fly the previous mission again is a no go, always hate this Future in all late appeared campaigns that kill your motivation.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

A new version will come soon for the campaign progress issue.

Waiting for this, you can simply edit the mission, and add the following trigger :

Once/Time sup 10 sec/Add marker 8765, value 50

Like this if you die, you should come back to the beginning of the mission.

I'm working on the multi version, but due to my personnal work being currently very important (exam periods) I can't spend a lot of time on it. Should be nice by Mid-June.

Depending of the general feedback, I may try to produce a 3rd chapter on this campaign, called "7 days" (French soldiers should understand what it may mean). Script is already written, but it may be a separate campaign from the module with additional aircrafts.

Edited by dimitriov

Have every one success with mission 3? after engagement with Abkhazian forces have to flee from tatar forces but I allways get mess up against the shilkas and AAA around Ochamchira i can't find any way out to Paris AFB.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Have every one success with mission 3? after engagement with Abkhazian forces have to flee from tatar forces but I allways get mess up against the shilkas and AAA around Ochamchira i can't find any way out to Paris AFB.

For me it was a close call IIRC. I didn't know about the kneeboard, or how to enter coords if I had even been given some, so it was very rough navigation, trying to steer clear of all the AAA sites and just very generally heading for the base. My copilot didn't make it, but for the amount of damage the chopper had taken, it held up pretty well.

Can't really give any precise advice, except to fly erratic while under attack so that the gunners have as hard a time as possible to predict where you'll be when their salvos reach you.

Normally, I'd advise to use the Mission Planner in order to get a good mental picture of where the bases are, but since the enemy units show up there, that would probably be close to cheating. :(

Ah ?

You want me to hide the ENI units ?

no I seriously ask it, because I decided to keep them shown as some players may use the F10 map. (Gameplay reason, simmers who don't like F10 map don't use it, others can), but I hadn't thought about the mission planner.

For the 3rd mission, refer to the global map on the Miz1 (I will precise it on the brief, wrote it on my paper), so you will know where is the Paris FARP and where is the London FARP. By the way, did you well study the .pdf before flying ? It's very important, don't hesitate to yuse maps which were from a previous mission, as long as the campaign focuses on the same region.

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov