SA342 Weapon mod

Hawkeye60

Has anyone else seen this?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124251

Look at the bottom of the first post.:smilewink:

Edited by Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

9M14 Malyutka and MDBA MILAN.

The Serbs have some Gazelles with Malyutkas, but I haven't heard of anyone using the MILAN irl. The Malyutka is relatively easy to integrate, being MCLOS, which doesn't require any automatic guidance electronics in the helicopters; just a pair of binoculars and the control joystick (you control it manually all the way to the target).

The missiles in the mod are SACLOS just like the HOT, but it's a good idea to adjust the terminal trajectory manually, as they both miss the target if aimed like the HOT (IIRC, the Malyutkas go low, and the MILANs go high).

Both are wire guided. I haven't checked the range in the sim, but the lua files say

Range_max = 3200

for the Milan and

Range_max = 3000

for the Malyutka.

I don't know if the "in range square" on the TV monitor sighting system is affected by this.

In the latest version on 1.5.4 the square doesn't check the distance as a requirement, so you should be ok. The HOT3 though is designed to explode at 4300 if it hasn't impacted yet, wonder how these missiles will work with that.

Love the fact the community makes stuff like this personally. Keep up the great work guys....now can we get some Sharks with lasers on them?

Both are wire guided. I haven't checked the range in the sim, but the lua files say

Range_max = 3200

for the Milan and

Range_max = 3000

for the Malyutka.

I don't know if the "in range square" on the TV monitor sighting system is affected by this.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

If you fully implement the Ferranti af532 sight at some point, the Gazelle can actually lase targets for other units. Or preferably for itself, with the hardpoints loaded up with APKWS-II launchers! If this ever hapens, I'll update the LaserShark skin for you :)

[ame=https://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1981/1981%20-%201291.PDF]https://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1981/1981%20-%201291.PDF[/ame]

Took the weapons for a quick spin tonight...overall I'm pretty impressed.

Milan Firing

attachment.php?attachmentid=144025&stc=1&d=1468290039

Love the added touch of the wings opening....really great detail

attachment.php?attachmentid=144026&stc=1&d=1468290039

Malyutka with Hello Kitty Skin

attachment.php?attachmentid=144024&stc=1&d=1468290039

Another firing with the 355th Skins

attachment.php?attachmentid=144027&stc=1&d=1468290046

Screen_160711_215853.thumb.jpg.8ed4150c3f311c311b45627a359fee3e.jpg

Screen_160711_213459.thumb.jpg.4d2988c4ed1f31b50dfcc8dee7fc462d.jpg

Screen_160711_213357.thumb.jpg.531ee5f67d94489fa920646f15546df9.jpg

Screen_160711_213219.thumb.jpg.7335f741e5667ecdd0cd8feff2f46ce4.jpg

Love the hello kitty:megalol:

Could these mods be made part of the sim?

Thanks for the images.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

LOL

I don't know what would scare me more, seeing a Hello Kitty coming at me rockets blazing or the Shark (with lasers):megalol:

From a physiological perspective, I think Hello Kitty would be more effective. Ground forces and AAA would do a double take when seeing it - providing the Gazelle crucial time to get closer to the target and in firing range.

Then again...sharks with lasers...nothing is scarier then a shark with a laser man.

LOL

I don't know what would scare me more, seeing a Hello Kitty coming at me rockets blazing or the Shark (with lasers):megalol:

• 3 weeks later...

I had a hard time hitting anything with the Malyutka, so I did some lua changes. It now works great with the Viviane sight. Close shots 500-1000m can be slight off, but should probably be due to the age of this weapon :music_whistling:

Just swap the lua-file and you're ready to kick ass with a missile designed in the 1960's!

Oh, credit should go to the awesome creator of this mod. Tons of fun getting "medieval" with the Gazelle...

malut.lua

Updated to 2.03

This Mod has been updated to 2.03.

2.02 version did not work in 2.03.

• 1 month later...
The Malyutka is relatively easy to integrate, being MCLOS, which doesn't require any automatic guidance electronics in the helicopters; just a pair of binoculars and the control joystick (you control it manually all the way to the target). The missiles in the mod are SACLOS just like the HOT

There is also a SACLOS variant of the Malyutka armed Gazelle (or GA-MA) AFAIK. I presume it's used on the later HN-45M variant (GA-MA 2).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Technically, you could change the caliber in the lua.

But changing the canon itself would mean to change the whole 3D model, contrarily to the HOT/Milan/Tow where you just replace the payload with another already existent.

Nicolas

Ahhh.. I see. Yes good point, I forgot the cannon isn't removable and therefor is not treated as a gun pod on a pylon, but rather an intergrated Cannon. Now the Rocket pot is removable and therefore maybe I can substitute another pod and see how that behaves.... Or... S-24 on a Gazelle? You thought the current rocket pod had a kick to it :) LOL

Thanks for the info tho! Caliber tweaks may be interesting as I personally think the 20mm in the sim now is a bit underperforming. Even at a full kilometer away a 20mmX102 cartridge should be able to penetrate 10mm BTR armor easily

Edited by Hook47

Add weapons?

I added the code below to the Gazelle.lua file just for fun!

Try it and see what you think!:D

(Please back up all files first!)

The file is in coremods\aircraft\sa342\

-- Pylons
--------------------------------
   Pylons =     {
       -- ext D
       pylon(1, 0, -0.007, 0.05, 1.55,
           {
               FiZ = 0,
            },
           {
               { CLSID = "{HOT3D}" },
               { CLSID = "{MILAND}" },
               { CLSID = "{FD90A1DC-9147-49FA-BF56-CB83EF0BD32B}" },
           }
       ),

It seems you can shoot them!

I added the same weapon to pylon two to balance the Gazelle.

I never thought to try this before.

Makes me wonder what else can you do?

Thanks for the heads up!:thumbup:

Edited by Hawkeye60

Or this,

AMG-114k

{ CLSID = "{88D18A5E-99C8-4B04-B40B-1C02F2018B6E}" },

There may be more!

{ CLSID = "{637334E4-AB5A-47C0-83A6-51B7F1DF3CD5}" },
               { CLSID = "{B919B0F4-7C25-455E-9A02-CEA51DB895E3}" },
               { CLSID = "{3DFB7320-AB0E-11d7-9897-000476191836}" },
               { CLSID = "{FC56DF80-9B09-44C5-8976-DCFAFF219062}" },
               { CLSID = "{05544F1A-C39C-466b-BC37-5BD1D52E57BB}" },
               { CLSID = "{B99EE8A8-99BC-4a8d-89AC-A26831920DCE}" },
               { CLSID = "{6A4B9E69-64FE-439a-9163-3A87FB6A4D81}" },
               { CLSID = "{3C612111-C7AD-476E-8A8E-2485812F4E5C}" },
               { CLSID = "{96A7F676-F956-404A-AD04-F33FB2C74884}" },

A few more to try, I don't know what works and what doesn't.

{ CLSID = "XM158"},
               { CLSID = "XM158_MK1"},
               { CLSID = "XM158_MK5"},
               { CLSID = "XM158_MK61"},
               { CLSID = "XM158_M151"},
               { CLSID = "XM158_M156"},
               { CLSID = "XM158_WTU1B"},
               { CLSID = "XM158_M274"},
               { CLSID = "XM158_M257"},

And more!

Edited by Hawkeye60

Cool stuff, Hawkeye! I am experimenting now- Check this out:

Screen_161001_203900.jpgimage hosting 10mb limit

The M-151 rocket pod not only mounts to the L version, but fires and shows up the ammo count on the display! The only thing is I either need to find out how to move it's position up to cover the SNEB pod, or make the SNEB pod dismount when the M151 or another weapon is mounted... Any ideas?

The M-151 rocket pod not only mounts to the L version, but fires and shows up the ammo count on the display! The only thing is I either need to find out how to move it's position up to cover the SNEB pod, or make the SNEB pod dismount when the M151 or another weapon is mounted... Any ideas?
Sorry, no.

I did not even think this would work!

I grabbed a bunch of weapon codes from "other choppers" I have flyable in the sim.

I did not even check to see what the codes represented.

So try and see!

This has me wondering... Are there any other cannons and rocket pods in the sim that could be attached to the L version and if so could they be made to fire?
This is to point out that it is your fault I did this,

And I can blame you when the P**p hits the fan!:D