Leatherneck Simulations Mini-Update - SEPTEMBER 2015

Cobra847

True. But we also know that they will be released with the 3 respective aircraft, and that's not very far away. We also know that Leatherneck doesn't make junk. I have full faith in them.

Their Mig 21 is technically a beta. Doesn't feel like it at all.

We can't underestimate the process of debugging which has been a large reason on delays for the NTTR map. Granted this may be because ED are developing EDGE the application if you like to run the Map and not neccesarily problems with the map itself, however we don't know for sure so we are speculating. I'm just saying that we may still have a long wait, longer than perhaps is currently being anticipated for these LN modules and maps.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I never even considered that. That makes me wonder. Are we sure one of the new aircraft isn't a helicopter?

Cobra stated in an interview that all of they have no helicopters planned "all of our projects are fixed wing, we'll sort of ;)." In reference to the Tomcat. Unless things have seriously changed, all the pending modules are conventional aircraft.

-Nick

Leatherneck Simulations Mini-Update - SEPTEMBER 2015

Cobra stated in an interview that all of they have no helicopters planned "all of our projects are fixed wing, we'll sort of ;)." In reference to the Tomcat. Unless things have seriously changed, all the pending modules are conventional aircraft.

-Nick

Just on another note He also stated they were going to do a MiG-23 but not as their next module

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Just on another note He also stated they were going to do a MiG-23 but not as their next module

I hope they do eventually produce a MiG-23, I think that LNS said that a MiG-23 would share ~60% of the MiG-21's codebase - so it would seem to be a good option.

It would also really fill out the Cold War era modules (Tomcat, Mirage 2000, Viggen (??)). I really like the MiG-23 and it's up there among modules that I'm hoping for.

-Nick

I would prefer the Lancer over the Mig23. It's just so much more sexy! :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Isn't the sound development completed already for the Mig-21? If it weren't there should be something written in the changelog, right?

As far as I know, it is. Dolphin did all the audio recording himself, and two months ago I had the luck of having a three-ship formation of Fishbeds fly over my head several times over practicing for a military parade - I'd say the sound is dead-on as it is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

Oh man.... There goes my evenings.... So many things coming in next months and now to fit time for thinking these....

AH-1....?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I would prefer the Lancer over the Mig23. It's just so much more sexy! :)

I'm with you there. i wasn't much interested in Soviet aircraft before, but the Mig-21 and Mig-15 have changed that completely. Mig-23 would be an excellent aircraft for DCS.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Great update guys thanks much! I'm stoked to hear about the projects that y'all have had under raps! Interesting that some of the systems are going to be more complex that the Tomcat! I'm looking forward to the manual! LOL y'all are going to have a lot of my money this fall!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Already picked up my favorites! So excited!!!

- Improved drag chute physics, including chute use in stall/spin recovery (Animation is however still limited)

- Added red floodlights in cockpit

- Corrected wing thickness & angle

- Increased missile smoke visibility

- Improved Over-G weapon jettison (Dynamic Weight Calculation, per-pylon/weapon limit)

- Improved regulated Afterburner throttle control

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Is the undisclosed project really big to make my jaw drop? It can be only MiG-31 then or MiG-23.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Thank you for an excellent update. A lot of great information and a lot great things we will se in near future.

Something I would like to ask.

Would you consider it to be possible, that we in the future could buy a printed version of the manuals for the aircraft you are making?

I know that I can print out the manual itself, or read it on the screen, but I am interested in purchasing a printed copy. I bought the one for the KA- 50 and had a lot of pleasure reading it and used it as a reference when I sat in the cockpit and had to figure out something.

I would love to buy a Hard printed copy for the Mig 21 and the F 14 Tomcat + those you have in the oven.

Cheers

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

Great update, really looking forward for the Tomcat, but also the 2 undisclosed aircrafts. As a Swede I am really hoping for the Viggen at least.

I have a feeling that the September announcement will be at the same time as DCS 1.5 is released.

Great update, really looking forward for the Tomcat, but also the 2 undisclosed aircrafts. As a Swede I am really hoping for the Viggen at least.

I have a feeling that the September announcement will be at the same time as DCS 1.5 is released.

Even though i hate swedes, i still pray for a viggen.

Yours sincerely,

Norway

• Like 1

Great update.

I really hope we could have soon a Korean map and why not....Falkland-Malvinas if you're developing an Harrier, or Yom Kippur if you're developing a Phantom. This kinde of theatres would be a dream for a flight sim, as for Phantom, Mig-23 ecc. ecc.. Classic aviation!

Great work guys, and thank really a lot to be here.

Good news LN.

Thank you for this newsletter.

[*]Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar

[*]New and unique PFM features and aerodynamic configurations

[*]New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution

Could be related to anything but... AV-8b. I want to believe.

:)

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.