Leatherneck Simulations Mini-Update - SEPTEMBER 2015

Cobra847

It wasn't really chosen to do low level stuff, it was rather chosen to intercept russian aircraft (especially bombers) but it was also used as a fighter-bomber then, which it wasn't made for.

But the procurement of the F-104 is indeed a huge scandal and political affair in german cold war history. The german Ministre of Defense made this decision on it's own against advises from experts. He was suspected of beeing bribed by Lockhead Martin.

See here for further reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_bribery_scandals#West_Germany

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfighter-Aff%C3%A4re (german only)

Lockheed martin using bribes :shocking: God forbid! :lol:

-snip-

"It is possible that some fixes are not listed at all, or listed only partially.
It is also very likely that some fixes may be in progress and not listed here to avoid disappointment, but may be included in the release."

Well it was a nice list of fixes and I don't want to be a killjoy, but I'm missing one IMHO important one related to the Mig-21 R-3R missile FM that has long been listed as [FIXED INTERNAL] so what's the status on that one?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2308197#post2308197

Old Crow ECM motto: Those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk........

http://www.crows.org/about/mission-a-history.html

Pilum aka Holtzauge

• ED Team
Well it was a nice list of fixes and I don't want to be a killjoy, but I'm missing one IMHO important one related to the Mig-21 R-3R missile FM that has long been listed as [FIXED INTERNAL] so what's the status on that one?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2308197#post2308197

You read what you quoted right?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Some things might not be listed. If he didnt list them, doesnt mean they wont make it in, either they cant or dont want to list for whatever reason right now.

Yes, but it's been about 6 months since this issue was listed as [FIXED INTERNAL] so I don't think a status update would be out of place.

Old Crow ECM motto: Those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk........

http://www.crows.org/about/mission-a-history.html

Pilum aka Holtzauge

So much talk about cool planes. I am happy which ever will be:D.

P.S. Not that Yak though... :D

edit

OMG emg... that plane has a sphincter... it can be used as passive defense also LOL...

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

:D

i7-8700K@3,7GHz | Asus ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600Mhz 32Gb | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080Ti 12Gb | SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512GB | HDD 4 GB | NZXT Kraken X72 | Corsair HX1000i | Corsair Graphite Series 780T | TM Hotas Warthog | TM Hotas Cougar | VPC WarBRD MT-50CM Flightstick | Stick Suncom F-15E Talon + BRD Base | BRD Mi-8 Pedals | TrackIR4

New & improved sounds, both in interior and exterior views. Based on real MiG-21 samples. Improved Engine RPM Feedback and immersion. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2279764&postcount=1

The sound of the MiG-21 aircraft recorded real? Someone may manifest itself and say something about it?

Edited by ThorBrasil

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

That really sounds like an impressive amount of work that's been done. Especially considering Leatherneck's quality. I mean really? 3 new theaters and 3 aircraft along with all the things that go with that and developing new things along the way. In such a short amount of time?

...ED can't even get one map out in 5 years. I don't mean to say it like that but... you know. I love ED.

It's not just the map. It's the map technology that had to be created as well.

I know. I know hard it is. But when you compare it to Leatherneck, who's getting 3 super high fidelity advanced flight model aircraft and 3 entire theaters out in a fraction of the time. Not to mention the Mig21.

I know. I know hard it is. But when you compare it to Leatherneck, who's getting 3 super high fidelity advanced flight model aircraft and 3 entire theaters out in a fraction of the time. Not to mention the Mig21.

ED is investing a huge amount of time creating a new rendering engine, reworking the core of DCS, debugging all of that stuff, and working on several new modules (L-39C/ZA, F/A-18C, updated PFM for F-15C, MiG-29 exterior model/cockpit, Spitfire IX, P-47D, NTTR, Strait of Hormuz, Normandy 1944??). They have a ton of ongoing projects in addition to getting DCS 1.5 and 2.0 on it's feet.

That said, LNS progress seems REALLY IMPRESSIVE. I have high hopes and hope they make a lot of money! :D

I certainly will be buying!

But none of this would be possible without all of ED's critical work on the foundation. I'm just glad that we have both ED and LNS creating these amazing products.

-Nick

In fairness we don't really know for sure what progress LN have made regarding their maps we are speculating.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

In fairness we don't really know for sure what progress LN have made regarding their maps we are speculating.

True. But we also know that they will be released with the 3 respective aircraft, and that's not very far away. We also know that Leatherneck doesn't make junk. I have full faith in them.

Their Mig 21 is technically a beta. Doesn't feel like it at all.

The sound of the MiG-21 aircraft recorded real? Someone may manifest itself and say something about it?

Speaking of sound, today I had a pleasure to hear (and see) a MiG as it passed over my town. :D

They haven't been flying around here for quite a while.

The "Viggen-way"...:)

Operating from roadside bases and to a large degree relying on conscript soldiers to maintain them in the field...

Sorry for the swedish narrative...hopefylly it will be viewable anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoQtnugT6A4

I hope we will get the Viggen and a nice map to go along with it with usable bases like this...

:pilotfly:

Hmmm, with one of the unannounced being possibly more complex than the F-14 systems and having a manual with that many pages, sounds like we are looking at a plane that is newer than the F-14.

I never even considered that. That makes me wonder. Are we sure one of the new aircraft isn't a helicopter?

To Developers: How about add some beacons in default ARK (Radio Compas) option?

add in addition to those that already have used in the channels. For example in the southern Caucasus beacons a lot more than 5. In my default configuration, I can choose just 5. I tried to change the file R-Navdata, but I for some reason I can not add more beacons available on unoccupied channels.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i5, 16GB RAM, GF-760, SSD