Eye Candy 2014

We discussed Typhoon in our team meeting last night.

With the delays to Hawk those delays have pushed Typhoon back I'm afraid.

I've still yet to discuss with TFC and ED the exact timings so can't confirm them but we are aiming for a release this year at least.

We will NOT be releasing any future aircraft with SFM, they will all be EFM to PFM level.

Pman and I are visiting Conningsby for a few days mid February to go through some more functionality of the jet with the RAF (sometimes our jobs suck!!).

One of those discussions will be what is redacted and what we have to "simulate".

During and following that visit we will be scheduling out the components of the jet for the ASM, MHDD, MDP, HUD, Radar, Etc. and estimate time frames to develop them and who within our team is best suited to develop them.

There will be a dedicated Typhoon development team however there will be some crossover with other projects that benefit each other. I can't talk about those projects yet but some exciting things in the works benefiting Typhoon integration.

Unfortunately our modeller has had to be in hospital due to an illness on and off for the past three months which has delayed the model re-development. We are re-tasking another of our modellers to work on Typhoon once his current project has finished shortly.

Pete and I went through the entire aircraft development schedule last night and I can assure you Typhoon is our utmost priority and team members have been and will be re-tasked on her development.

This may mean other aircraft will be pushed back a little but as I said Typhoon is priority.

Please let me be clear that we have over 30 developers working for us carrying out various and sometimes multiple tasks so none of this "you need to put all your resources on this" nonsense please.

Throwing people and money at developing an aircraft does not make it develop any quicker.

When I have more news to post up I will :)

Thanks,

Chris.

• Like 1
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou, updates on the Typhoon get me happy :)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Taking the right people to lunch at Nando's I would assume ;)

I would assume its much like ED's deal with the A-10C... which means they probably wont be able to talk about it much :)

No. The A-10 airframe is pretty dated, there are no big secrets in flight / engine performance. Avionics, ECM, Laser and stuff, ok. But for the Typhoon it's not even clear how fast this bird can go. Numbers for supercruise alone range from Mach 1.3 to 1.8. That's not a couple of mph you can miss, that's a couple of 100mph. Nobody will tell you what taget size the radar can detect at what range, same or even more so with the optical systems.

Climbrate, turnrate, speed, AoA all guesswork or marketing numbers. Beeing not 100% spot on in the A.10C is something very different to the Typhoon.

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

No. The A-10 airframe is pretty dated, there are no big secrets in flight / engine performance. Avionics, ECM, Laser and stuff, ok. But for the Typhoon it's not even clear how fast this bird can go. Numbers for supercruise alone range from Mach 1.3 to 1.8. That's not a couple of mph you can miss, that's a couple of 100mph. Nobody will tell you what taget size the radar can detect at what range, same or even more so with the optical systems.

Climbrate, turnrate, speed, AoA all guesswork or marketing numbers. Beeing not 100% spot on in the A.10C is something very different to the Typhoon.

You will have to just trust us and our sources then won't you ;) Even our post release documentation will give you oversights but will not go into operational details where redactment agreements have to be adhered to. Thats part and parcel of doing a modern jet ;)

We can not and will not go into details of the information and/or agreements we have with any of our commercial/military partners.

I'd ask you to remember that as an example Chris and I are visiting an active Typhoon base in February, not for the first time either I might add :music_whistling:

Pman

You will have to just trust us and our sources then won't you ;) Even our post release documentation will give you oversights but will not go into operational details where redactment agreements have to be adhered to. Thats part and parcel of doing a modern jet ;)

We can not and will not go into details of the information and/or agreements we have with any of our commercial/military partners.

I'd ask you to remember that as an example Chris and I are visiting an active Typhoon base in February, not for the first time either I might add :music_whistling:

Pman

I do believe that you do the best you can, don't get me wrong here. Visiting an Airbase is nice, talking to pilots even better. But they also will give only the numbers that they are allowed to give you. European Airforces will not declassify informations for game developers for their newest and most powerfull weapon system. just saying :music_whistling:

You will do a VEAO Typhoon, not an Eurofighter Typhoon.

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

I do believe that you do the best you can, don't get me wrong here. Visiting an Airbase is nice, talking to pilots even better. But they also will give only the numbers that they are allowed to give you. European Airforces will not declassify informations for game developers for their newest and most powerfull weapon system. just saying :music_whistling:

I don't think you understand fully, VEAO will do a VEAO Typhoon because that is all the wider public will be allowed to have, but VEAO also make products for Military customers, they cannot be expected to create training and simulation packages for military customers without having access to all the data, this in turn means that the bits the wider public will be allowed to see will be the most faithful reproduction.

Like I said, I can't answer your question directly.

I wouldn't make assumptions about what data we have access to as simply you don't know and I'm sorry but we can't tell you.

The fact that we can't tell you or discuss it should be enough of a hint on its own...

Pman

Pman

I can deal with it. If he smell like a Typhoon and taste like a Typhoon you have here a first day buyer.

• ED Team

There is plenty on the A-10C we dont have because of it being classified. Sure you can argue that there is more classified data on the Typhoon but the point was that VEAO has probably struck a deal that gives them access to certain things, and they feel they have enough to make a DCS quality module.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png