1. 1. Next DCS (European) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Alpha Jet
    • Eurofighter Typhoon
    • Harrier
    • Dassault Rafale
    • English Electric Lightning
    • Tornado
    • F 104 Starfighter
    • The Saab Family - Draken. Gripen, Lansen, Viggen... (Post specific)
    • The Mirage Family - M4000, F-1, III, IV... (Post Specific)
    • Other - write below

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For offline, I use the F-86, F-4, and F-5 as opponents. All work well and were historical opposition for the MiG. In MP you can use the F-86 as an opponent. Technically inferior, but this is a game about complete balancing. It would be interesting to use the F-86 against the MiG as it is to use the MiG against FC3 aircraft.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Both are being worked on. RAZBAM is doing the 2000C, Aviodev the 3.

Aviodev has been posting pics of the F1, not hte Mirage III.

Tbh, its the first time i heard somebody was making the III

10835351_651285278333278_1815352990002844497_o.jpg

Mirage F1 (the one from Aviodev, currently discussing weather to make it a CE or EE.

Edited by Fer_Fer

Greetings to everybody and my congratulation to DCS for their work in the hardcore flight simulation area. Now...

I Don´t have any DCS a/c... but I´m waiting paciently...

Why?

Because:

P51------>Me109 (and Dora)

Mig-15 -->F86

Mig-21---> ???????

So I´m almost sure the oponent WILL be one of these, and if it is, instapurchase for me.

Arab/Israeli war...

M-3 could be the natural oponent of the Mig-21 (and is not a complex a/c design).

Vietnam War

F4? It could lead also to add the A-4 B or C too (eventhoguh develop of the F-4 radar could be an obstacle, and also being a two seater...).

And If you have the M-3 and the A-4, why not to add the Sea Harrier? Ships should not be a problem, and you could simulate the falklands/Malvinas war.

The M-3 is not a complex A/C to be digitaized.

I flew the M-5 in my country many years ago, it was a marvelous. Belive me, you would certainly love it too.

So I´m really really confident the M-3 will show up one of this days.

P-51, Fw190,Bf 109 = ED.

F-86F and Mig-15 = BelSimTek.

MiG-21Bis = LeatherNeck.

Leatherneck is developing the F-14A/B

Best answer you're gonna get.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Even though they don't do this, I think it goes without saying that every flyable fighter aircraft should have a contemporary human flyable aggressor. It is literally the only way to get the most out of the product. Given there is a large desire fly and employ these aircraft for what they were designed to do, doing that against only broken AI gets stale fast. The F4 is probably the most logical opponent to the Mig-21. Any single dissimilar same Gen fighter would do. There are obvious limitations to time frame such releases could occur, but I would personally not by a fighter who's contemporary wasn't planned for release by some Dev.

The F-4's Soviet counterpart is the MIG-23. Going up in a MIG-21Bis would not be very fun. Some surely won't mind, but for those who like to play against humans and have it be relatively fair for the two won't be happy.

I suppose a Mirage 3/5, F-5E, and F-104 are probably better counterparts if you are trying to make it more equal to both players.

Given that the majority of DCS players don't play MP, there is not a pressing need for the appropriate opponents to be flyable.

On the other hand, perhaps if they had fleshed out the cold war aircraft on each side so that we could have some sort of plausible multiplayer then there may have been more in MP.

Most of the MP is some pretty unrealistic aircraft match ups, at least on the servers that have more than a few people.

I have no idea why someone wants to play a Realistic Sim then have both Soviet/Russian and American aircraft on both sides.

About the only thing realistic going on is P-51 vs Dora/109, and Clod does it better.

On the other hand, perhaps if they had fleshed out the cold war aircraft on each side so that we could have some sort of plausible multiplayer then there may have been more in MP.

Most of the MP is some pretty unrealistic aircraft match ups, at least on the servers that have more than a few people.

I have no idea why someone wants to play a Realistic Sim then have both Soviet/Russian and American aircraft on both sides.

About the only thing realistic going on is P-51 vs Dora/109, and Clod does it better.

Fair point. Lots of virtual squads specializing in non-modern combat AC are waiting for DCS to include more historic plane/theater matchups. As soon as that happens customer base for this sim is going to increase for sure.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Don't sit around and wait for the ideal match aircraft to be developed and released, though. As we can see in Syria, -21's are very active in that theater. A good pilot in a MiG-21 can smoke an idiot in an F-15.

Problem is the AI aren't idiots, and neither are most people in multiplayer.

Unless you try to fly stealthy between mountains or whatever your opponent will almost always get the first shot off and have a SA , countermeasures and range advantage

Edit : i like the mig don't get me wrong , but it ****ing sucks in air to air combat compared to the other flyables

Edited by McBlemmen

Greetings to everybody and my congratulation to DCS for their work in the hardcore flight simulation area. Now...

I Don´t have any DCS a/c... but I´m waiting paciently...

Why?

Because:

P51------>Me109 (and Dora)

Mig-15 -->F86

Mig-21---> ???????

So I´m almost sure the oponent WILL be one of these, and if it is, instapurchase for me.

Arab/Israeli war...

M-3 could be the natural oponent of the Mig-21 (and is not a complex a/c design).

Vietnam War

F4? It could lead also to add the A-4 B or C too (eventhoguh develop of the F-4 radar could be an obstacle, and also being a two seater...).

And If you have the M-3 and the A-4, why not to add the Sea Harrier? Ships should not be a problem, and you could simulate the falklands/Malvinas war.

The M-3 is not a complex A/C to be digitaized.

I flew the M-5 in my country many years ago, it was a marvelous. Belive me, you would certainly love it too.

So I´m really really confident the M-3 will show up one of this days.

if we compare introduction dates There is one year between fw-190 and p-51's introduction.

Both mig-15 and f-86's introduction years are same.

then f-106 delta dart,f-104 starfighter or saab 35 draken can be fair option for mig-21.

Mirage III, USAF century series, first F-4 variants (B/C/D/J/N) and F-8 are suitable oponents for the 21"no-bis".

21bis entered in service in 1972/3.

Maybe the future Mirage F-1 from Aviodev is the perfect nemesis for the 21bis, alongside with F-4E/S, F-104S, 14A, 15A, 16A, JA-37 and the rest of the airplanes of the late 70's and first 80's.

Regards.

The 21BIS has had to fight against more advanced aircraft BUT if you actually want people to show up and dogfight online in any significant numbers you should probably match it up with an aircraft from the same generation. It would be Gen2 or Gen2+.

idVSkj3.jpg

via defpak forums

USMC_Trey. To paraphrase me. "You sim with the players you have on the server but if enough players get jacked off; you play against bots; and then the server sits empty"

"Mission Accomplished" ... but not something a server admin wants to put effort into. You can put the Mig up against anything you want but it doesn't mean that people will want to play that game.

Dick Cheney knows about war but he doesn't know jack about DCS.

• Like 1

Ideally, someone would do an F-5E. It really is the direct western equivalent of the MiG-21Bis. It's a WVR only gunfighter with a few sidewinders. The radar on it is basically an afterthought (initial F-5A's didn't have radar) but it has a pretty good RWR compared to the MiG-21Bis. Flight performance wise, the MiG-21Bis is faster and the F-5E is more agile. Going guns in either plane is almost a given provided you survive any BVR element. The introduction dates for both aircraft are also similar, both being early/mid 1970's.

• 2 weeks later...
Mirage III, USAF century series, first F-4 variants (B/C/D/J/N) and F-8 are suitable oponents for the 21"no-bis".

21bis entered in service in 1972/3.

Maybe the future Mirage F-1 from Aviodev is the perfect nemesis for the 21bis, alongside with F-4E/S, F-104S, 14A, 15A, 16A, JA-37 and the rest of the airplanes of the late 70's and first 80's.

Regards.

My vote goes then for the Mirage F1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I´m from Sweden and I really like these aircraft but it would be nice to see the Swedish JAS 39 Gripen, in the DCS.

Windows 10 pro 64bit | Intel I7 4790K@ 4GHz | 24GB Crucial ballistix sport 1600MHz DDR3 | ASUS Strix GTX1080Ti OC | Crucial mx 100 250Gb SSD | Crucial mx 300 520Gb SSD "Game disc"| Samsung 1Tb HDD |

My Top Ten:

1. Rafale

2. Rafale

3. Rafale

4. Rafale

5. Gripen

6. 'Phoon

7. Rafale!

8. Rafale!!!

9. Gripen

10. 'Phoon

But seriously if we had a DCS-fidelity Rafale I doubt I would again touch any other plane.

Edited by Frogisis

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

My Top Ten:

1. Rafale

2. Rafale

3. Rafale

4. Rafale

5. Gripen

6. 'Phoon

7. Rafale!

8. Rafale!!!

9. Gripen

10. 'Phoon

But seriously if we had a DCS-fidelity Rafale I doubt I would again touch any other plane.

Same I will buy rafale for all my friends so all have one.

Cant go back when u touched the raffy. :joystick:

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals