Ice detector control Button

Reaper6

I was doing a "by the book" preflight check/test last night. And I noticed this "Ice detector control Button" no longer functions. Is it just my game or did ED remove the function of this button?

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

? Where did you find that button?

AFAIK at Temperatures below 5 deg Celsius nadja will warn you every 10 Minutes to switch on Anti ice. Also when anti ice is already on.

I have no idea where this button should be.... and iam flying this rig now for a while.

Interessting... i can still learn something. :)

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

I was doing a "by the book" preflight check/test last night. And I noticed this "Ice detector control Button" no longer functions. Is it just my game or did ED remove the function of this button?

Reaper6

The manual does not show any "ice detector control button" Are you referring to the Heating system BIT button?

AFAIK and according to the manual page 6-90. That buttons has no function and it has never worked for me in the past.

Maybe we should do step 2 :D

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Page 2-89

2-63: Ice defrosting control panel (right rear panel / top)

Page 5-14(preflight checks)

Check rotors anti-ice system (AIS) A rotor AIS test should be performed when the ambient temperature is less than 5°С.

1. Press the “КОНТРОЛЬ СО” (ice detector control) (top part of auxiliary control panel) button; after about 10 seconds, the “ЛЕД” (ice) light should illuminate.

Edited by Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Page 2-89

2-63: Ice defrosting control panel (right rear panel / top)

Page 5-14(preflight checks)

Check rotors anti-ice system (AIS) A rotor AIS test should be performed when the ambient temperature is less than 5°С.

1. Press the “КОНТРОЛЬ СО” (ice detector control) (top part of auxiliary control panel) button; after about 10 seconds, the “ЛЕД” (ice) light should illuminate.

Yeap, same one I posted, it has no function. It never worked in BS1 nor BS2, not for me anyway. What version of the BS do you have BS1, BS2, English etc.? Mine is the Russian version, not sure if it matters.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Yeah I dusted off my old BS1 CD and apparently it didn't have a function. I was looking at the code and maybe implement it myself somehow. Not sure how that would react in multiplayer.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"