F-22 Cockpit Photos

EvilBivol-1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with this canopy?

Pilot2-vi.jpg

Canopies are made of layer material sandwich together, some time some of the layer come loose. In this photo, it look like juts the outer layer pealing. Seen in number of times on different airframes. Does not affect the structure of the canopy and as long as it does not affect the pilots view it is still serviceable/good canopy. Normally they do not like when cameras see that, same as they do not like when cameras catch a dirty aircraft.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

why didn't he jus' eject the canopy???

BANG!! WOOOSH!!!

"yeah that works"

talking about clean aircrafts

division_head_on_iraq.jpg

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Because that would have cost enough for him to lose his job.

It's not the only jet canopy that's failed to open you know ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Haha no, surely, you know?

There was an incident a while back where the canopy failed to open and the glass had to be cut away to free the pilot, i believe what you see there are the scars of a re-welded pit :D

http://www.f-16.net/news_article1768.html

I always heard that the pics on that website were of a mockup and it was only a training session and not a real aircraft, thats the story I always heard regarding those pictures, I dont know how true it is ?

So you wash your birds over at USAF?

Yes. Helps prevent corrosion or minimize corrosion

The wash is just part of corrosion prevention..

090420-F-5561D-158.jpg

PM-AGSE_000.gif

http://corrosion-doctors.org/Aircraft/Strategy.htm

http://www.pacificflyer.com.au/articles/2007-02.htm

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Totally unrelated, but in that mentioned wiki page it said under "start up":

"There are only three steps to take the F-22 from cold to full readiness for takeoff: the pilot places the battery switch 'on,' places the auxiliary power unit (APU) switch momentarily to 'start' and then places both throttles in 'idle.' The engines start sequentially right to left and the APU automatically shuts down. All subsystems and avionics are brought on line and built-in tests are made. Navigation information and pilot's personal avionics preferences are loaded automatically. The airplane can be ready to taxi in less than 30 seconds after engine start."

Sounds just like the Kamov!

Totally unrelated, but in that mentioned wiki page it said under "start up":

"There are only three steps to take the F-22 from cold to full readiness for takeoff: the pilot places the battery switch 'on,' places the auxiliary power unit (APU) switch momentarily to 'start' and then places both throttles in 'idle.' The engines start sequentially right to left and the APU automatically shuts down. All subsystems and avionics are brought on line and built-in tests are made. Navigation information and pilot's personal avionics preferences are loaded automatically. The airplane can be ready to taxi in less than 30 seconds after engine start."

Sounds just like the Kamov!

Nice. Not like starting an F-16.LOL. Personal avionics setup is a nice feature. did not know that one.Cool option.:thumbup:

Obviously F-22 pwns all :D

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

how do you have access to this real f-22 simulator, or for all i know real f-22 mfd photos? Where are those pics from and how did you get them you could be a real asset here.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Nothing classified in my posts.

How about side down left and right photos(detail). Is it possible you can find those, I have tried but not close enough to get proper information. would help me a lot if you can give me a site or a couple of pics. Cheers.:)

What you mean rattler ?

The F-22. Do you have or know where I can find good detail shots of the side done views of the left and right panels. Left has throttle and right has stick. Need good shots to be able to read lables. Can't find a good site or anyone with good pics. Not like the Typhoon. F-22 shots are hard to find. Any help would be appreciated. I assumed that the MFD displays were of the F-22 or maybe I was wrong. Anyway if you could or know of a site would be appreciated.:)

google is full of it.

Yes, I know, have been looking for a while but have not found the degree of detail I am looking for yet. Just wondered if you had found a site or maybe had a couple of pics. Still looking at sites. Thanks.:)

The thing is though if they were doing DCS:- Raptor, they'd have to have access to the real thing to do it right, which would make this thread redundant....... But we can still dream :)

Nate

Yes, but why would they want pics of the C/P???

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45