DCS: A-10C Warthog

Namenlos Ein

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The schedule calls for 9 months after DCS Black Shark so sometime around 9 months plus and we should see my beloved Warthog.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

That would probably contain the information on the Airframe and how it is modeled in dcs, the corresponding site for the bs was up when i learned about the sim in 2007, so there's no connection to the actual release date. Don't start hyping now, it will be a while till it comes out.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• MK1.
  • MK5.
  • MK61.
  • M151.
  • M156.
  • WTU1B.
  • M274.
  • M257.
  • M278.

• Mk-82.
  • Mk-82AIR.
  • Mk-84.

• CBU-87.

• BDU-50LD.
  • BDU-50HD.
  • BDU-33.

• LUU-2B/B.
  • LUU-19.

• GBU-10 Paveway II.
  • GBU-12 Paveway II.

• GBU-38.
  • GBU-31.
  • CBU-103.

• AGM-65D.
  • AGM-65G.
  • AGM-65H.
  • AGM-65K.
  • TGM-65D.
  • TGM-65G.
  • CATM-65K.
  • TGM-65H.

• AIM-9M.
  • CATM-9M.

:thumbup: I love the HOG's MFDs and the list of weapons.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?lang=ru&end_pos=2320&scr=default

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

По технологиям? Вот сейчас доделаем ФМ и что-нибудь напишем. :)

Ка-50 вам после этого покажется детской игрой...

"We finishing soon flight model [of the A-10C]… and after that you'll start treat BS like a child play."

Edited by Namenlos Ein

so... btw is that 9 months till the russian release of A10, for this occasion what comes first the russian or the english version ?

As we've seen with the Black Shark release, usually the russian version comes first but ED always tries to bridge the gap between the russian version and english/international version. It takes a lot of work to covert the texts as well as voices to specific languages. This is something that requires cooperation from several people.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow!! very nice screens! About FM,are wing wake going to be modelled for this time? Will new GFX engine come with DCS:A10C ?

Regards!!

No idea about wake but I'm pretty sure new GFX engine won't be around for a good while. I heard they'll switch the engine after AH-64, when moving to fighters.

It isn't just an additional aircraft.

And it's a full priced simulator.

Yes thats what we need :thumbup:. BS is priceless for me after so many years in waiting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Are DCS A-10 and Black Shark going to intertwine. Meaning I can fly CAS in my A-10 while my wingie is flying a Turkish KA-50? Or is DCS A-10C a stand along product?

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

• ED Team

The plan is to make the DCS series into "one big world" sort of, so online, you can fly the A-10 AND the Black Shark if you purchased both. If you only bought A-10, you can fly the A-10 alongside KA-50 players and other A-10 players. And vice versa obviously :)

If the same graphics engine is still in use in yet another 9 months time wont these products start to look seriously dated?

Not that I know of anyone who is developing anything with the depth of what ED seems to be doing with the DCS series but the fact that flight sims are not released that often now should not mean that ED should relax on not keeping up with utalising the latest hardware or even windows for that matter.

Missing out on the use of Multi-core Cpu's and even full vista compatibility with the initial release of Black Shark is maybe understandable given how long the sim took to develop. The same engine as we have now in 9 months time will end up with the product looking as dated as falcon 4 does today.

If the same graphics engine is still in use in yet another 9 months time wont these products start to look seriously dated?

Not that I know of anyone who is developing anything with the depth of what ED seems to be doing with the DCS series but the fact that flight sims are not released that often now should not mean that ED should relax on not keeping up with utalising the latest hardware or even windows for that matter.

Missing out on the use of Multi-core Cpu's and even full vista compatibility with the initial release of Black Shark is maybe understandable given how long the sim took to develop. The same engine as we have now in 9 months time will end up with the product looking as dated as falcon 4 does today.

They will probably upgrade the graphics in time as well...

Just look at IL-2 Sturmovik, it's 8 years old now and after a few patches and new releases of modules it looks like this

Pe-2_110_0012--screenshot_large.jpg

There are more pressing manners that need ED's attention IMHO than the grafic engine like better ground AI, for example. Btw., engine development timeframes are more in the likes of years, not months, so even if the whole team would commence working on the new engine now, you would hardly see any screens before the end of 2010.

Something i'm wondering about: Isn't the desktop simulator for the army a finished product? If so, how will it compare to the product that everyday users get, for example, why do ED have to code the flight model as Yo-Yo stated, won't it use the flight model created for the army?

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

There are more pressing manners that need ED's attention IMHO than the grafic engine like better ground AI, for example. Btw., engine development timeframes are more in the likes of years, not months, so even if the whole team would commence working on the new engine now, you would hardly see any screens before the end of 2010.

I do not agree... The features Cichlidash refereed to, the lack of multi-core support etc. I think should have the same priority as upgrading AI etc, since many people have near unacceptable frame rates due to bad CPU utilization (including myself).

But I can agree with the fact of adding new visual effects that doesn't improve performance should have a lower priority.