DCS WWII - D-Day: Skies of Normandy Trailer

Charly_Owl

I'm already starting to re-read these old books about Operation Overlord gathering dust in my library. And boy... I can't wait for the Spitfire!

Eisenhower's Speech on D-Day

Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Forces:

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944. Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned. The free men of the world are marching together to victory.

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty, and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory.

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

• Like 1

Hey Chuck nice video, but in the titles you could put the mods that you used and their authors

They are in the video description.

Mods used:

City Lights Mod http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138306

WWII Units Mod http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134095

Diveplane's BF109 K-4 Audio Production 2.0

Diveplane's Fw 190 D-9 Dora Audio Production 4.0 Mod

Diveplane's P-51D TF-51D Audio Production 3.0 + P-51D Weapons

Nice vid. How did you get that many ships in without severe frame rate drop? I don't have that problem with the stock modern stuff, but the WWII mod really slowed down my system.

Certain camera angles do help a lot with FPS in certain shots. Camera distance also helps.

why do I feel like watching Pirates of the Caribbean all of a Sudden.. One Day...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Awesome vid. I too can not wait for the Spitfire!

Flare

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5