Pre-Purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog"

Wags

If you regard this as a "game" then I can see why you think it's a bit dear. :music_whistling:

Well, yes, as I play it for no other reason than pure entertainment it's in this regard no different than any other game to me. But yes, simulation is perhaps a more correct term.

Anyway, the word game is no derogatory term, after all, Chess and Go are games.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that has these DL problems?

1) The FTP Servers request a login which doesn't work.

2) The HTTP 1 Server link takes me straight to the DCS main page

3) Only HTTP 3 Server is working veeeery slowly.

I concur.

HTTP3 was the only one working when I started, and the speeds were pretty good about 300KB/s for the 3.

No I got the 500MB one but the other 2 are going at 40KB/s.

But I guess thats what happens when everyone starts finding out.

What are you saying you mean with only 507mb of dedi memory it barely meets the minimum. Guess I'm out. i can't afford another video card.:cry: i never know which memory to look at for a graphics card: dedicated, shared, or display?

i got the figure from dxdiag

I can't quote for ED but I am almost certain they mean DEDICATED memory. And from my brief research your card has 512Mb.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Yes, Get on torrent, I am there waiting, lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

I concur.

HTTP3 was the only one working when I started, and the speeds were pretty good about 300KB/s for the 3.

No I got the 500MB one but the other 2 are going at 40KB/s.

But I guess thats what happens when everyone starts finding out.

I guess DL would be much faster if they made the other 3 mirrors work.

Just a wild guess tho :P

My DCS movies:

$60 is very reasonable given the relatively smaller user base and complexity of the sim (long development time). If you were a military quartermaster you'd be paying a *lot* more per seat for essentially the same thing.

Now, time for ED to let us know what comes next in the DCS series (just kidding).

Also please remember this is a beta release. Bugs *are expected* so report them calmly and precisely so they can get fixed.

Yeah I knew I'd get shot down for this...

Yes, $60 is reasonable, but I still think it's a bit on the high side.

Sure, for people who know what they get it's a reasonable price, but for the mass of casuals?

A yes, paying to help with bug swatting... a bit like buying t-shirts with brand names on them, paying to do the company's job.

Oh well... where did I put my VISA :D

sigh of relief thanks sweinhart. 1 question though that 512 was for minimal requirements and that is to be run at max? huh?

Even if you had less than 512MB dedicated video ram the game would still run. In the event of not having enough video ram, the system will have to use main system memory to make up for it but would still run.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

odd it shows it in dxdiag as 507mb

Do some research. It does look however like a lot of ppl with 512mb cards show 507mb in dxdiag. Why, I don't know.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Did you download all 4 files, or just the setup file??

:doh: Did reallize there were four files. Yes only setup exe. :megalol:

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

You'll go blind, doing that.

So all these downloads and not one comment yet about play.

Maybe no one have it all yet. Or maybe everyone's off entertaining themselves :yes:

Yeah, switched to torrent as well. Seems to be the better option, at least for now.

I wonder how many people are downloading right now. (I want to estimate ED's cashflow) for tonite. *g*

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Yes, $60 is reasonable, but I still think it's a bit on the high side.

Imagine my chagrin when I had to pre-order Black-Ops for my Son at £64.......:music_whistling:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Imagine my chagrin when I had to pre-order Black-Ops for my Son at £64.......:music_whistling:

ouch. Get him a football and kick him out the door.

Do some research. It does look however like a lot of ppl with 512mb cards show 507mb in dxdiag. Why, I don't know.

They might have laptops, with those it's common to have graphics cards that share the regular RAM with the CPU, and if it has 512 MB reserved it might be using 5 MB in this case for displaying the image.