Pre-Purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog"

Wags

Pics or Ban

Damn I wish I had LogMeIn now. I have to wait till I get home to start the downloads. Bought the preorder, just have to figure out how to get those links when I get home now.

just look on the dcs site there you can find all the dl links

btw people use the torrent, it gets faster and faster as more ppl join in :)

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels a bit like a horse race except you can't see the other horses. (59 mins left)

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

So, is the $60 price tag a special "high price" for pre-purchase including beta versions or will the regular version cost as much?

I don't like to be cheap but $60 is quite a lot for a PC game/sim.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

So, is the $60 price tag a special "high price" for pre-purchase including beta versions or will the regular version cost as much?

You are pre-purchasing the Final version with access to the Open-Beta as an added bonus.

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

So what you are saying is that I can't run it at full speed but I can still run it just with minor details right?:huh:

I'm just explaining what recommended and minimum requirements means for gaming in general.

How many FPS you will have with your machine running DCS:A-10C, well, I can't tell you unless you test the beta and post your results.

But the sim will not be locked, deny installation or something, if you don't meet the requirements, if that's what you mean.

Edited by Feuerfalke

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

It is the price of the regular version, and it isn't too much; $60 is a pretty average price, and you're getting something a bit more than just a game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

If you regard this as a "game" then I can see why you think it's a bit dear. :music_whistling:

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

$60 is very reasonable given the relatively smaller user base and complexity of the sim (long development time). If you were a military quartermaster you'd be paying a *lot* more per seat for essentially the same thing.

Now, time for ED to let us know what comes next in the DCS series (just kidding).

Also please remember this is a beta release. Bugs *are expected* so report them calmly and precisely so they can get fixed.

Many console games cost this and this is a PC sim with a smaller market then say, Call of Duty. How many flight sims come out a year in this day and age. Price is very reasonable IMHO.

I just downloaded and it only took 40seconds. I hope I got everything for my 59. bucks.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ (2 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 3060MB RAM

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4670

Display Memory: 1781 MB

Dedicated Memory: 507 MB

Shared Memory: 1274 MB

I don't want to waste $55 on something I can't run. So can someone answer will it run on mine or not?

OK. CPU is fine, Memory is fine. Graphics Card ... it should have 512Mb dedi memory NOT 507Mb (where did you get that figure from?). If it does have 512Mb then it meets the min specs, but only just.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

I just downloaded and it only took 40seconds. I hope I got everything for my 59. bucks.

Did you download all 4 files, or just the setup file??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

thats just the 22k torrent file. lol

OK. CPU is fine, Memory is fine. Graphics Card ... it should have 512Mb dedi memory NOT 507Mb (where did you get that figure from?). If it does have 512Mb then it meets the min specs, but only just.

What are you saying you mean with only 507mb of dedi memory it barely meets the minimum. Guess I'm out. i can't afford another video card.:cry: i never know which memory to look at for a graphics card: dedicated, shared, or display?

i got the figure from dxdiag

Where the seeders go?? The download went from 22 minutes to 6 hours.... I want to cry. Time to walk away and go entertain myself with something else. Should be done by then, I hope.

BTW: Thanks TFC/ED for providing pre-purchase and beta access.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Sigh...time to pull out the old, overused card from my wallet. I have a way of hating myself, yet ED has a way of making me feel better about it. :cry:

Or maybe not. My cell phone was just shipped to me today after the original broke down. Minus 1 battery. Turns out the battery is almost as expensive as DCS :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!