Pre-Purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog"

Wags

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I knew I'd get shot down for this...

Yes, $60 is reasonable, but I still think it's a bit on the high side.

Sure, for people who know what they get it's a reasonable price, but for the mass of casuals?

... who pay $60 for their games?

A yes, paying to help with bug swatting... a bit like buying t-shirts with brand names on them, paying to do the company's job.

Oh well... where did I put my VISA :D

We - the test team - are doing the bug testing. You're getting a look at the beta. What you bought is the release version, the beta access is just a bonus.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Good to know the beta's out for those who can't wait. But in my point of view, I'll wait at least for the compatibility patch with BS and will wait to know what's next module to decide wether I continue with the dcs series.

[Naughty mode ON]

To those who already started the game, how many "Not functionnal" buttons is there in the cockpit ??

[Naughty mode OFF]

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

Where the seeders go?? The download went from 22 minutes to 6 hours.... I want to cry. .................

Just reminded me. Although I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to torrent downloads, shouldn't we leave the torrent running as a seed even after you've got your download???

I read somewhere that it was the done thing to leave it seeding for as long as it took you to download??

Will certainly help those that are still trying to get it. :)

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

I went through the same thing with the downloads when BS first came out....its hard to be patient but much less frustrating if you wait a day or two to try to download. IIRC when BS came out there were technical issues on ED's end that made things worse too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

In your torrent software, in settings, make sure you have the upload rate at max. Normal default is quite low on most I've used. I'm almost done, and its 1 am so will set mine to DL (have 100k/sec upload speed).

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

... who pay $60 for their games?
You tell me ;)

We - the test team - are doing the bug testing. You're getting a look at the beta. What you bought is the release version, the beta access is just a bonus.
Lighten up, you know I was just pulling your (beta test team) leg :happy:

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Im downloading the torrent with 4.8Mbyte/s so its pretty good speeds now. And when its done i will seed it 24/7 with my full duplex 100mbit line, so speed isnt any issues anymoore, for the torrent atleast. :thumbup:

Thanks ED, ordered and trying to downloading it. For some reason the FTP access required a username/password, tried mine, however it did not work...

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Yes... as if we'd be able to control that if we tried.

On that note, can someone who has managed to download it put the manuals up somewhere? It's going to be a few days until I can purchase it (No credit card = me having to get someone else to purchase) and I'd love to read the manuals while waiting.

I suppose someone could just PM them to me, but I figured others would want to see them as well.

for some reason i cant get through.. when i fill the form with name, address etc and press next.. nothing happens.. gah! :(

WOOOOoooooo

------------------------------------------------------

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2GHz Black edition

8GB DDR3 1333

GeForce GTX580

Windows 7 64bit

------------------------------------------------------

does the beta support 64 bit?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

does the beta support 64 bit?

64-bit installed as default. Option at installation start to install 32-bit files as well (recommended for TrackIr atm).

Edit: Dead-Heat :D

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

64-bit installed as default. Option at installation start to install 32-bit files as well (recommended for TrackIr atm).

Good work ED. I hope you guys get Naturalpoint to update their drivers (good luck).

Shouldn't be too hard for Naturalpoint since the TrackIR software uses OpenGL, which is very portable (incidentally, not only to Windows - but they probably will never take advantage of that).