DCS Warthog HOTAS Profiles by Polaris & Schnix

Want to fly in DCS now without messing around for hours with assigning controls and figuring out what is what and who is who?

So...in order to help newcomers and make the steep learning curve a tiny bit less aggressive...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The attached contains a folder with:

1. Ready to go input settings for the following modules:

A-10A

A-10C

F-15C

Mig-29A

Mig-29G

Mig-29S

SU-25

SU-25T

SU-27

SU-33

P-51D

TF-51D

UH-1H

Ka-50

** Input settings include TM WH HOTAS + Rudder Pedals + TrackIR.

2. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS graphical layouts for the following modules:

A-10A

F-15C

Ka-50

SU-25T

SU-27

SU-33

MiG-29

P-51D

UH-1H

3. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS PSD layout templates for personal modifications of the graphical layout.

4. Custom controls for the following modules:

P-51D

TF-51D

UH-1H

5. Instructions text file...please read it from top to bottom before you start using anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Profiles' logic:

1. Each profile attached is ONLY for modules which had been studied and tested extensively.

2. Profiles are as close to reality as possible with current physical limitations.

3. Since most fly more than one module the profiles follow certain rules in order to make transition between modules as smooth and as intuitive as possible:

a. General DCS actions use the same buttons (such as TMS up+Lever for Kneeboard On/Off).

b. Lever switch on the joystick always acts as a modifier/ shift key.

c. MIC switch up is reserved for TeamSpeak PTT.

d. MIC switch push is reserved for TeamSpeak commander PTT.

e. DMS down+Lever is reserved for TrackIR center/ pause (through AutoHotkey).

f. Certain commands repeat in the same locations throughout all or certain modules (such as the same logic through FC3 modules, navigation lights on the throttle's pinky switch back).

4. That's our logic...it doesn't mean that it's logical...but we hope it is ;)

So...take it with a grain of salt, use it until you get to know the modules you fly and change as needed according to your personal preferences.

**We would appreciate any suggestions, advices or new perspectives that would help make the attached even better.

This new thread was started due to requests from those who stumbled upon the attached by accident and wanted a dedicated thread.

The attached was made possible through the help of many and in collaboration with SchniX.

We only request one thing...Enjoy :)

Polaris & SchniX

Version 10 update 04/05/2016:

- Updated package for latest DCS 1.5 version.

- Instructions modified.

- FW-190D9 excluded from package due to lack of progress.

**There are no planned updates at the moment other than fixes to ver 10.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1292863/

Edited by POLARIS1
  • Like 1

jgVplRQ.png

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maestro72x,

1. The SU-27 has the Brake command in the profile.

I didn't put it in the graphical layout, a diagram that shows all of the assigned controls in the profile.

2. Target vs ingame profiling has been a long debate for years.

I am assisting with the profiles in the form of the path I chose.

Is it better in my opinion?

Truelly I don't know...I think each approach has its merits and drawbacks.

When I got into DCS the general approach at the time was to customize the HOTAS within the sim and not through a third party.

There's also a small hurdle of learning the way Traget works...which is "unfriendly" at best ;)

Does Target enable many more options? Yes.

In my opinion it's nicer than more practical than profiling ingame.

Again...I'm not trying to start a new/ old argument.

This thread's purpose is to help new comers into the sim.

Once they get to know the planes and the software itself they can choose what they prefer.

jgVplRQ.png

Posted under the wrong thread originally:

Due to requests I started a new thread in this section.

It contains latest version 7 with Ka-50...

Enjoy smile.gif

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2317300#post2317300

Thanks a ton Polaris! Just switched to the Warthog and this has saved me hours in configuration time.

Something I did notice though, my joystick and throttle had a different name. I have found this to be associated with the drivers in the past on my X52 (the name changes based on driver version) so I'm wondering if you have the latest drivers installed? The name for the pinky lever seems to have also changed which required me to go back through and re-assign all of the modified button commands. Overall though huge props for the work well done, I especially like the layout figures with button assignments!

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Cheers,

Brad

5800X3d, 32GB DDR4@3400, 6800 xt, Reverb G2, Gunfighter/TMWH

Yup I also have the latest drivers (downloaded and installed this week from the site). Again for whatever reason it calls the pinky lever button 4 and has a different name for my joystick on the .lua files. Not a huge deal just strange that it wasn't as simple for me as others.

5800X3d, 32GB DDR4@3400, 6800 xt, Reverb G2, Gunfighter/TMWH

DCS names the pinky lever button "JOY_BTN4" by default when you assign it as a modifier.

You need to change the name and you do that in the assigning window...

You have three options in that window:

1. in the upper you choose the input device (eg Keyboard, joystick...).

2. In the middle you press the pinky lever for it to register and appear (it appears as JOY_BTN4).

3. In the buttom third one you change its name to "Lever" by simply marking with left mouse and typing.

* before you start just check if it's not already in the modifiers list (mostly it is).

If it is (under its "JOT_BTN4" name) then delete it and make a new one.

* so...why did I change its name in the beginning and added this "redundant" stage?

It's a very important key and when one looks and deals with the Controlls menue there are enough buttons that are named JOY_BTNX, Y or Z...

The "Lever" will pop up and make it look more straight forward and less of a cipher work.

Besides...it was done as part of months work so it didn't take much time or thought in that time span. But, when you convert months to minutes it somehow becomes a stage that takes longer to implement than to just copy and paste the whole input controls.

Still...I think...when all things considered...since the whole process takes about 15 minutes one can spare a couple of minutes ;)

jgVplRQ.png

Could you possibility save the blank layouts in something other than what you did. I have paint.net and it cannot read the blank layouts.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

@ sobe,

As requested...attached.

The files within the main package in the first post are .psd files which are opened through Photoshop. They are not mere blank templates but also contain the typing fonts, size and style...which should save quite a bit of time.

@ SchniX,

Thank you mate!

Though...some of the work couldn't be made without you...so...thank you for your knowledge, professionalism, advices and collaboration!

TM WH DCS Blank.rar

jgVplRQ.png

This is so great that you to did this! I just happen to come on this morning to look for a particular profile for a plane I wanted to start flying. Due to a reinstall, I had to start all over again with my profiles as they were lost. I can't tell you how happy you have just made me! Thanks to both of you.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

hi POLARIS first off great profiles really helps , one thing u said u use Autohotkeys for your Trackir can u share the script you use, as ive tryed too work out how to use it and its blowing my mind lol

Thanks

Rossi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Rossi,

You're more than welcome!

As for the Autohotkey...since it's a more advanced material and is nothing more than a utility (and therefore has nothing to do with the learning curve which this thread deals with)...here is the thread started by CubPilot from which I learned everything needed and got the best advice (read the last post on the thread):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87543

jgVplRQ.png

Been staying away from these disappointed as for some reason was convinced they were target only and I don't use it.

How surprised I was to read on a previous post that they are for DCS Direct, what a fantastic surprised. Downloaded and installed straight away.

A huge THANKYOU, I can't wait to try these later tonight.

Oh happy happy days.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Polaris sir, you are a damn genius, I can't believe how easy those profiles are to use, been flying around in the Blackshark for the last 2 hours, hell I've not flown that helo since god knows when :)

Tomorrow, I'll be trying out the Huey and the FW190 I think.

Thanks again.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: