New Wheel Stand Pro for Thrustmaster Warthog attachment

just ordered my setup today :) arrives Wednesday :)

Pic, pic pic! :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent mate, excellent, however, is the stick stable enough at that angle for you?

Its fine and that was the major concern for me and the reason I asked for your measurments:thumbup: I replaced the spring on the joystick but decided I can't go back to using it with the spring its too stiff. The downside to having the angle on the strut is requiring the pedals to be closer to the nearest end to the stand but I flew a little yesterday and it all seems good. It also means I get rid of my horrible office chair with 1 and a half wheels missing and play in every joint to nice comfy leather recliner;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice, mate, you did a good job on that, looks wonderful in wood too.

ps. Crosswinds look awesome as well.

Thank you, it was a WAF requirement. Notice the Brazilian Cherry hard wood floor? I tried selling matte black or metal grey and she said "No!"

:D

But the benefit of MFGs bolted to the board is very nice!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I look this thread very long time ago sorry for late respond.

Wheelstand did provide now solution to fit the Crosswind Pedals, but my personal opinion dont use this.

Wheelstand want to made cheap as possible to fitt many as possible PC hardware inputs on a singel adapter.

Wheelstand it's self is realy nice, but look that promotion Video 1Bolt have to hold the Crosswinds on the Pipe, they dont even hooked the Spring for pedals resistance joke?

Personally was also not satisfied with drill new holes in the old Saitek Base Plate, found this was simpley to wobley with the Strong Spring from the Wheelstand.

Make complete new base Plate, and bend two stong U-Clamp's out from Steel and screw it together with two strong bolts in the middel of the wheelstand Pipes.

Now the Base Plate can not twist or Slip on the Pipes, and it add's more Wight what give solide Plattform for the strong crosswind Spring.

Make detail Foto in the Future.

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

As part of a larger cockpit renovation project I recently began, I swapped out my old kludged-together Playseat-based mount for my Warthog, for a new WSP with the WH attachment. One thing that I didn't realize until I had it set up was that if I wanted to rotate the WH base by 10 or 15° in order to more closely align with the natural travel of my right arm as I grip the stick, unless I keep the silver bar perfectly vertical, the stick itself cannot be made to sit vertically (the result of compound rotations).

Has anyone else run into this issue and found any solution? The layout of my cockpit prevents me from making the silver bar vertical as it would put the rudder petals too close to the seat, and having the stick itself not be vertical just doesn't look or feel right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
As part of a larger cockpit renovation project I recently began, I swapped out my old kludged-together Playseat-based mount for my Warthog, for a new WSP with the WH attachment. One thing that I didn't realize until I had it set up was that if I wanted to rotate the WH base by 10 or 15° in order to more closely align with the natural travel of my right arm as I grip the stick, unless I keep the silver bar perfectly vertical, the stick itself cannot be made to sit vertically (the result of compound rotations).

Has anyone else run into this issue and found any solution? The layout of my cockpit prevents me from making the silver bar vertical as it would put the rudder petals too close to the seat, and having the stick itself not be vertical just doesn't look or feel right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Greg,

Could you please post a photo of your rig so we might have a better understanding of your requirements?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

Hello,

because I'd like to change set up of my hardware for flight simulators and I'd like to have joystick between legs I received Today "Wheel stand PRO" for joystick/throttle + small plate (additional order) for joystick only (here is my target).

It will looks like this without joystick and rudder pedals:

Nowy-1JPG_apqeqsr.jpg

and I'll use MFG extension for TH warthog for this:

Nowy-1JPG_ahpsqee.jpg

In the final it will look like this: http://i.imgur.com/3KX9LlM.jpg

I did small video review (but sorry it's in Polish). Unboxing and first impressions. The weight of this frame is near 10 kg.

Unboxing.

xeDm3ybIlyA

First impressions.

oabQMXXV_JI

WheelStan_ahhpqap.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I look this thread very long time ago sorry for late respond.

Wheelstand did provide now solution to fit the Crosswind Pedals, but my personal opinion dont use this.

Wheelstand want to made cheap as possible to fitt many as possible PC hardware inputs on a singel adapter.

Wheelstand it's self is realy nice, but look that promotion Video 1Bolt have to hold the Crosswinds on the Pipe, they dont even hooked the Spring for pedals resistance joke?

Personally was also not satisfied with drill new holes in the old Saitek Base Plate, found this was simpley to wobley with the Strong Spring from the Wheelstand.

Make complete new base Plate, and bend two stong U-Clamp's out from Steel and screw it together with two strong bolts in the middel of the wheelstand Pipes.

Now the Base Plate can not twist or Slip on the Pipes, and it add's more Wight what give solide Plattform for the strong crosswind Spring.

Make detail Foto in the Future.

This is my solution to mounting the crosswinds. Use the flat steel plate that comes with the wheelstand and use these.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KZWQOTS

The nice thing is, being how filthy pedals get and how they require frequent vacuuming, you can rip them right off being these velcro strips easily detach when pulled upward, vacuum them and the plate, then put them back down. They're very solid and I never have any issues with them detaching while using the pedals.

Edited by FeistyLemur

My conception with Wheel Stand Pro ooks like this, but it's not finished, WiP :

DSC0172JP_ahhsqhe.jpg DSC0175JP_ahhsqhw.jpg DSC0178JP_ahhsqhs.jpg

Id like to do something like this in the final:

My current WSP setup with RGS.

mofcihf.jpg

but soon they will start to sell version dedicated for Warthog throttle like this.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

yoyo make some time ago my one warthog extension, but with the wheelstand setup found the joystick in your pics away to high uncomfortable.

Are you statisfied now with the extension?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

This is my best invention relating to the wheelstand.

I attached an old sling to my chair and ziptied it tight around the tension adjust so it stays up high and within reach. Then I just latch this carabiner over the main post adjuster to clip into it tight. This way the chair doesn't roll back when using the pedals. It's more comfortable to use, and convenient to hook up and unhook.

kVmlZbxl.jpg 2TpJHaOl.jpg?1

• Like 1

That's one way to do it. I just cut a piece of rubber flange gasket (had it lying around) in half and use it as a chalk for two wheels on the chair. Works like a charm.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

yoyo make some time ago my one warthog extension, but with the wheelstand setup found the joystick in your pics away to high uncomfortable.

Are you statisfied now with the extension?

Yes, very. This extension for warthog was a reason for me why Id like to change a cockpit and want to have joystics between my legs :). The feel is like in real plane, and the best forces I noticed with longest extension (but I use only short version, 10cm, the place reason).

Mounted (I didnt do any hole, I use platform for joy+throttle for rudder pedals):

MFG-Cross_ahrxqex.jpg

WheelStan_ahrxqen.jpg WheelStan_ahrxqew.jpg

That's one way to do it. I just cut a piece of rubber flange gasket (had it lying around) in half and use it as a chalk for two wheels on the chair. Works like a charm.

So why I use chair like this ;D.....

AluniaPil_ahrnrnp.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Temporary idea when I'm waiting for dedicated RGS for Warthog Throttle.

Stool Pro Flight ;).

noRGSjpg_ahxhheh.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Was any special mounting plate required to attach the throttle, or did you drill holes?

Just a VESA pole bracket mount that I used with my office chair last time. WSP is working on a throttle adapter for the RGS though so you don't have to do it this way.

gKUeLfS.jpg

Good news for everyone who is waiting for RGS dedicated for Throttle Warthog and... a mouse.

In the end of THIS September it will be in the shop (as preorder) and delivery will start after this perhaps soon.

Regards.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Ok, here is the preview. As You see the new RGS will have table for mouse and dedicated handle for keyboard. You can remove it also if You want to have only desk for mouse.

14231414_10154519527957855_1815647363258875787_o.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Full compatibility list:

- Thrustmaster H.O.T.A.S. Warthog

- Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4

- Saitek X52/X55/X56/X65

- Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals (Combat pedals plate available for separate purchase)

- MFG Crosswind Pedals

- Thrustmaster T300/T500/TX hardmounted wheelbase and T3PA, T3PA PRO (F1 style) pedals (dual pedals fastening plates available for separate purchase), (TH8A shifter plate available for separate purchase)

- Thrustmaster TMX and T150 wheelbase (mounted with original clamps only), (dual pedals fastening plates available for separate purchase)

- Logitech G25/G27/G29/G920 hardmounted wheelbase and pedals (shifter plate available for separate purchase)

- Logitech DFGT wheelbase (mounted with original clamps only), (dual pedals fastening plates available for separate purchase)

It is also possible to mount the keyboard and place the mouse on one of the plates.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Full compatibility list:

- Thrustmaster H.O.T.A.S. Warthog

- Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4

- Saitek X52/X55/X56/X65

- Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals (Combat pedals plate available for separate purchase)

- MFG Crosswind Pedals

- Thrustmaster T300/T500/TX hardmounted wheelbase and T3PA, T3PA PRO (F1 style) pedals (dual pedals fastening plates available for separate purchase), (TH8A shifter plate available for separate purchase)

- Thrustmaster TMX and T150 wheelbase (mounted with original clamps only), (dual pedals fastening plates available for separate purchase)

- Logitech G25/G27/G29/G920 hardmounted wheelbase and pedals (shifter plate available for separate purchase)

- Logitech DFGT wheelbase (mounted with original clamps only), (dual pedals fastening plates available for separate purchase)

It is also possible to mount the keyboard and place the mouse on one of the plates.

What is the MINIMUM height of the extension?

For my center-mounted TMWH + 20cm extension, I need to have no higher that 11".

Ahhh. I do love the precision of 20cm. Throw might be a little much for jets, maybe, but I fly mostly helis and WW2.

I guess the mount can be tilted forward so that the plate itself is 11" vertical off the ground? As long as that does not put the mount too far forward so it interferes with rudder, it might work?

See that you have the new graphite Crosswinds!