Typhoon Research Trip - Feb 2015 - Update

Ells228

The Eurofighter is perfect to gain Air superiority, once you have that you prbably have an advantage in the war, it was designed for that , then let the Tornados and others go in.

I think its more a matter of combining the best aircrafts for air combat and the best for ground, rather than having one that tries to be both but ends up being neither.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, but the typhoon does not have thrust vectoring. I think it was talked about and an engine tested but never flown

The Eurofighter is currently the best plane to keep energy levels at highest possible levels, espacialy when doing hard manouvers in small spaces.

Engines with thrust vectoring would kill much of this. They are only good to get high AOAs in every direction. In the end the price isnt worth the improvements of the Plane.

The good news are that the new EJ230 engines can also be used without thrust vectoring.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

• 2 weeks later...
iam curious about your research trip, what was the most suprising/impressing (nonclassified) information about the eurofighter you got from your trip?

I'm curious about how the sound recording stuff goes. Do you guys at VEAO get the same kind of access that belsimtek got when they posted a video of some devs recording the MI-8 before it was released to the public?

Are you sure that's not just what you called it as you walked around eying up the jet Chris? :lol:

Not that I'm jealous or anything...

Nope, as I called it a cannard and got corrected and I'm currently looking at technical drawings and it's most definitely a foreplane :)

iam curious about your research trip, what was the most suprising/impressing (nonclassified) information about the eurofighter you got from your trip?

The most impressive was the ASRAAM seeker head but I obviously can't talk about that!!

Nonclassified, hmm, probably the most impressive for me was the canopy ejection jets.

I got to film a few things too which we need for animation to get the timings right, that was cool :)

I'm curious about how the sound recording stuff goes. Do you guys at VEAO get the same kind of access that belsimtek got when they posted a video of some devs recording the MI-8 before it was released to the public?

When we get to recording sound, yes we will. But most definitely can't post a video up of it :thumbup:

Nope, as I called it a cannard and got corrected and I'm currently looking at technical drawings and it's most definitely a foreplane :)

I wasn't doubting that, Just a cheeky play on words lol, couldn't resist...

I've heard people call them foreplanes before although I always called them canards myself. I consider myself slightly more educated now. :thumbup:

Edited by Python
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Same thing I think, Canard is just a term for a foreplane as far as I know. In fact they are often called canard foreplanes (Not specifically on the Typhoon) Unless you're French in which case they have the rather nice name of Ducks. ;)

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Actually they're called "foreplane" not cannard ;)

Canards is a common terminology which isn't wrong, but yes within the Eurofighter comminity it's called foreplane. Maybe canard is too French a term.:lol:

Likewise you could say it's a helmet mounted symbology system not a helmet mounted display or air-to-surface and not air-to-ground. ;-)

When we get to recording sound, yes we will. But most definitely can't post a video up of it :thumbup:

Why can't you show us the video? Won't you be using the sound on the module anyway?

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)