How to create waypoiny based on bulls Eye calls?

I was playing the enemy with in 2nd mission Called border patrol.

In this mission you are tasked to fly to certain bulls coordnates.

But i am unaware how to Find And or create these in flight. Can anyone help me out?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use a different approach without fiddling around with the CDU by using the TAD.

Precondition: You have to have something hooked in the TAD to enable cursor data display in the lower display area.

I assume the TAD being SOI.

After receiving bullseye data, use OSB 18 to switch to BULLS/CURSOR to receive a bullseye coordinates readout for the cursor position (if not set already).

Then steer the cursor to the called out coordinates. After that I press TMS right short which creates a markpoint at that position. Now I simply do another TMS up short, which now hooks that new markpoint (as the cursor will still rest on that location). Now you can press OSB17 and create a waypoint on that markpoint location.

Done!

If you turn the dial on the CDU to markpoint, you can also omit that OSB17 step entirely and simply use the markpoint as steerpoint. That would reduce workload after setting TAD as SOI to navigating the cursor to the bullseye coordinates and a single TMS up right.

I absolutely agree these workflows are very much personal taste, but I find my way to be quicker for me. Also it keeps me able to do it both ways. I can easily tell bullseye coordinates of other found targets I "stored" on my TAD, which wouldn't be possible by that CDU usage at the same amount of steps.

• Like 3

I use a different approach without fiddling around with the CDU by using the TAD.

Precondition: You have to have something hooked in the TAD to enable cursor data display in the lower display area.

I assume the TAD being SOI.

After receiving bullseye data, use OSB 18 to switch to BULLS/CURSOR to receive a bullseye coordinates readout for the cursor position (if not set already).

Then steer the cursor to the called out coordinates. After that I press TMS right short which creates a markpoint at that position. Now I simply do another TMS up short, which now hooks that new markpoint (as the cursor will still rest on that location). Now you can press OSB17 and create a waypoint on that markpoint location.

Done!

If you turn the dial on the CDU to markpoint, you can also omit that OSB17 step entirely and simply use the markpoint as steerpoint. That would reduce workload after setting TAD as SOI to navigating the cursor to the bullseye coordinates and a single TMS up right.

I absolutely agree these workflows are very much personal taste, but I find my way to be quicker for me. Also it keeps me able to do it both ways. I can easily tell bullseye coordinates of other found targets I "stored" on my TAD, which wouldn't be possible by that CDU usage at the same amount of steps.

Brilliant way to put a mark point to the given coordinates and very much possible to put mark point of other found targets +1

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I never heard of that approach,, sound interesting,, thanks for that info!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Now you can press OSB17 and create a waypoint on that markpoint location.

@Rongor I may miss the obvius but why would you ever create a waypoint from mark point? I means once you have created a mark point you can place it in a flight if you want to without making a waypoint first.

Just me getting curious :-)

Cheers

Hans

@Rongor I may miss the obvius but why would you ever create a waypoint from mark point? I means once you have created a mark point you can place it in a flight if you want to without making a waypoint first.

Just me getting curious :-)

Cheers

Hans

Probably only to serve the thread title :D

Other than that, it may be necessary if you reached your maximum of storable markpoints or for constructing flight plans in the CDU. But as I never use this feature, I also omit that part mostly. You are absolutely right, markpoint does it also. At least for us ;)