DCS WWII: Europe 1944

So they add a check box to the Quick Mission Generator...

Allow non-period units

Simple.

Exactly... why build an entire new World... just to repeat the process when Vietnam appears. Then you need to copy modules once more... really complicating things this way.

I'm afraid the DCS - DCS World problem will repeat and is better to anticipate this. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Nevada?

I do believe that will be in the DCS-World module...and DCS-WWII is separate from Nevada..

The Nevada map is a test .. to see if " Edge " can be expanded into other Era senerio's...

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Thing is it's not JUST about MP Missions,

Only a Smaller % of DCSW Users actually play online.

I dont know about you, but I dont wanna fire up a Quick Mission in a WWII Bird only to get shot down by a SU-27.

This is true, but don't you think one of the main reasons for lack of MP is because there's no dedicated server yet? Kinda hard to have a huge MP community when you can't host a server on a proper dedicated machine. I know there are workarounds etc, but trying to host a huge MP server with home Internet doesn't cut it.

Once there is a real dedi server, I guarantee MP numbers would go up instantly. I've bought most of the modules even though I have rarely played them. I've just been waiting for some sort of tool that will allow server hosts to get 100 players together in the same server. Just saying there are going to be very few MP guys when the game doesn't really support MP (yet).

I still think its more about a bloated DCS World. all the assets that would need to be replaced by WWII era correct assets, audio, items, models, vehicles, etc... you are basically doubling up DCS World... keeping it separate seems to make more sense in the long run.

I am assuming if someone installed the B-17 into DCS World, they wouldnt be able to have the WWII items such as vehicles and such as they are part of the core, is that correct?

Hmm, i'm not seeing an improvement. The engine doesn't load stuff it doesn't need anyway, and in either case it then remains laying on your drive, which folder it is in hardly makes a difference. I'm still not sure but right now it appears that the motivation would be a mere user convenience/marketing kind of thing.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• ED Team

I am sureNevada will be module like, least I assume... and you can put it in DCS WWII as well?

I do believe that will be in the DCS-World module...and DCS-WWII is separate from Nevada..

The Nevada map is a test .. to see if " Edge " can be expanded into other Era senerio's...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

This will be the very first thing I do.

I kind of already said this, but I think all that is needed is some really obvious way to filter by eras within the base game. On the front page there could be "WWII Mode", "Modern Mode" "Custom Era Mode" buttons. You could even make the launcher take command inputs to launch the game directly into different modes with different desktop shortcuts (but the same install). Obviously this would require tagging every asset according to era/year, which could be quite a bit of work.

Was thinking about pretty much the same.

I still think its more about a bloated DCS World. all the assets that would need to be replaced by WWII era correct assets, audio, items, models, vehicles, etc... you are basically doubling up DCS World... keeping it separate seems to make more sense in the long run.

I am assuming if someone installed the B-17 into DCS World, they wouldnt be able to have the WWII items such as vehicles and such as they are part of the core, is that correct?

This makes sense. I don't want to make a mission for WWII and have to scourge through every object in the mission builder to find the WWII stuff I want. As someone else posted, a filter could possibly work for this. But keeping it separate is definitely the easiest way.

It sounds like they can be combined anyways. But I would much rather keep WWII all WWII inside the game from that stand point.

• ED Team

I dunno, alot of the core messaging system, and how other things are simulated right now doesnt really fit WWII era, I think separating it out is kind of a smart idea... but that is a layman thought :)

Hmm, i'm not seeing an improvement. The engine doesn't load stuff it doesn't need anyway, and in either case it then remains laying on your drive, which folder it is in hardly makes a difference. I'm still not sure but right now it appears that the motivation would be a mere user convenience/marketing kind of thing.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Are you saying it will be possible to merge terrain, all AI units and other assets from WWII to World?

Modules will be mutually compatible. So if you bought say an A6M5 Zero in 2016, or whenever it is we may end up in the Pacific, you could choose to put it into WWII or World.

However, upon the initial release of DCS WWII I'm not sure if you could manually move things around and just put a MiG-21 into WWII or something like that.

I'm actually not too sure on the technical details of sharing content, so I may be completely off here.

In other words, whatever we the developers release for WWII or World should plug into either. However any content that's not a part of a specific module, well, I have no idea.

I must admit, I'm still not getting the idea of two separate cores. So I will have to keep two installs of DCSW, even if its major feature was to get all the modules working under one roof? But on the other hand, my modules will work in both of those installs? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of separate cores then? :confused:

I admit you guys are not the core audience for this decision.

This will however really help people new to DCS, especially WWII fans who don't care for modern jets, to just go and do WWII without worrying about MiG-29s on their tail. This of course also applies to modern aviation fans who just want to fly the Su-25 and not download B-17s.

We are still undecided on the vehicles and other secondary WWII content.

On the bright side, SSDs will have come down in price, even more, by the time this actually hits our machines.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I admit you guys are not the core audience for this decision.

This will however really help people new to DCS, especially WWII fans who don't care for modern jets, to just go and do WWII without worrying about MiG-29s on their tail. This of course also applies to modern aviation fans who just want to fly the Su-25 and not download B-17s.

That makes sense, but the separation could happen within DCSW itself, unless coding it in was much harder than going stand alone?

If that's the case, all fair.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• ED Team

We are still undecided on the vehicles and other secondary WWII content.

Well if the DCS WWII core items, such as vehicles, buildings, and other systems are not different from DCS World, then I really dont get the decision for 2 installs after all....

64Sig.png

An idea would be to provide both, a seperate core game for all the WWII stuff, and another optional download for integrating the WWII stuff into World.

Much like it was done with Pacific Fighters back in the days, you could opt to install it as stand alone or to merge it with previous IL-2.

That would make everyone happy.

You decide to keep it seperate, do so.

Want to plug it into World, do so.

Greetings

MadCat

Hey folks,

Today wasn't the best day for the announcement for me personally because I'm in the middle of some personal stuff. Everything is in boxes, waiting for a moving truck, and all that sorts of stuff that has nothing to do with DCS WWII.

I just figured if I don't do it now, I'll never do it because once Kickstarter hits, whew.

So I'll be answering sporadically throughout the day, but there will be periods of a few hours when I'm away - like for example right now.

I want it done to the level of the P51 though.

That's the idea.

There is however a problem with source data for some of the planes. A P-51 is almost unique in how well it is documented. With many other WWII planes there are grey areas. If there are no authentic flyable ones today, and source data from 1940s is lacking - then by definition we cannot be as true-to-life as the Mustang, because we have nothing to compare things to.

But the general approach is the same.

Excellent news! Truly excellent :thumbup:

I have truly fond memories of my first ever flight in my first flight SIM with the Sturmovik in Il-2.......Oh I am so all over this - roll on Kickstarter! :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'