Bonus System Deadline 01.06.2014 (for purchases made prior to 20.02.2014)

mwd2

I know, but Subliminal-SS seems to be ;).

From a marketing point of view the loyal customer is probably not as interessting when it comes to rewards, as he is starving for new stuff and buys every new module anyways (maybe even multiple copys to support ED) :D.

I seem to be the same kind of guy as you, couldnt buy anything from the rewards ;).

Meh don't worry ill live, wont be spending another £150 in the DCS store though just to complete my collection...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things:

1) Having a loyalty program that is impossible for the most loyal customers to use is worse than not having the program at all. It's a slap in the face, especially if it cannot be used on "new" products (which are by process of elimination the only kind that the most loyal will purchase).

2) Having the balance expire without any notification other than a forum post is bad business. Even if what we were given was "free", it shouldn't be taken away without more formal notice. For example, an email would have been nice.

As things stand, I went to check my balance to purchase the FW-190, saw my 0.00 balance, found this thread, and now this loyal customer who has every product since Flaming Cliffs 1 (or going back, even Flanker 1.0) is feeling left high and dry.

First I want to say that I buy the DCS products to support ED. I own every module except the Mi-8 since helos are not my thing (eventhough I own both BS2 and the UH-1). I purchase modules because I like what ED and the 3rd party devs tries to do in a market flooded with craptastic AAA-games. For that reason I backed DCS WW2 as well.

With that said, how on earth can anyone with a fully working brain come up with such a useless bonus system?!? This is not about the money as such, but about semi-false promises. I'm sure a lot of customers, myself included, thought they could use this 'loyalty bonus' to purchase the Mig-21 etc. As it turns out, the only thing the bonus was good for was to purchase the same stuff twice... Who came up with that brilliant idea?!? It makes no sense whatsoever.

It sure is a strange way to handle a loyal customer base...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

"...and its gone, all gone" - South Park :D

:pilotfly:

I had 50$ in that bonus system but I couldn't use them as I have all the modules anyway... on new modules they could not be spent... not that new modules were released since Mi-8... My friends are either rich or they have all the modules... and I couldn't used them on sales periods... and outside of sale periods they were covering only a part of a module not justifying not waiting for the next sale anyway...

kind of... meh...

Also... my girfriend has Steam version and now the keys can't be merged... not that she has a joystick... she hunts me with stingers/iglas with Combined Arms module she has.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I was just checking my account and notice it had 0$ and thought, what the hell? Found this thread and now I see what's going on... not good move by ED in my opinion... I also never noticed that bonus had to be use by certain date... I mean why make such limitation in the first place?

I am also one of guys that own everything, even though I don't fly everything (some modules bought just to support ED) and I was glad to hear ED appreciates such loyalty and wants to reward us in some way... but as it turned out, it wasn't that good at all. I think the loyal customers are not beneficial from this at all.

EDIT: by the way, where exactly does it note the date deadline for the bonus? I checked original post by Wags on the new bonus system (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=120893) and there is no mention of any deadline... what have I missed?

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

I was just checking my account and notice it had 0$ and thought, what the hell? Found this thread and now I see what's going on... not good move by ED in my opinion... I also never noticed that bonus had to be use by certain date... I mean why make such limitation in the first place?

I am also one of guys that own everything, even though I don't fly everything (some modules bought just to support ED) and I was glad to hear ED appreciates such loyalty and wants to reward us in some way... but as it turned out, it wasn't that good at all. I think the loyal customers are not beneficial from this at all.

EDIT: by the way, where exactly does it note the date deadline for the bonus? I checked original post by Wags on the new bonus system (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=120893) and there is no mention of any deadline... what have I missed?

The original post by Wags only announces the general system. That older purchases of "loyal customers" would be taken into account is not mentioned there at all. When that was announced ... I can't remember.

But the terms & conditions mention it at point 2.2 (were there changes? Hrm, no idea ...): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/faq/bonus_rules/

edit:

I think, that dead line was actually mentioned early in the process. Somehow. But at least I interpreted it that way that we had to register our older purchases up to that date. But certainly not that the bonuses would be all gone by that date ...

Edited by Flagrum

from now on I'll just ignore the whole Bonus system as I don't see any benefit for me
This is precisely what I do, especially because of this term:

The following rules are applied to bonuses accrued for purchases made after 20.02.2014: 100% of the bonus will be cancelled without return and/or recovery in case the customer does not make a purchase within 6 months from the date of the last purchase.

(https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/faq/bonus_rules/)

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But at least I interpreted it that way that we had to register our older purchases up to that date. But certainly not that the bonuses would be all gone by that date ...

You and me both...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

This whole bonus system is just useless in my opinion.

The loyal customer that allready had everything didn't benefit from it due to the time limit that was created.

The customer that has one or two products can benefit from it. However, the normal sales have a bigger discount, so if you are on a bargin, why not wait for that.

I mean I am not annoyed, but I find it just a bit wrong to put such a system in place with very confusing conditions. It was very unclear that the bonus would expire when this system was introduced.

Just my 0,02€ on that topic.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Grrr. Thought I would pre-order the Dora today using my accumulated bonus - and like everyone else, it has gone.

I am the best DCS customer having bought every product at full price when released. So before now, I had nothing to spend my accumulated bonus on.

Complete waste of time and not at all rewarding for the most loyal customers. Grrrr.

• Like 1

I am not sure, if it is really wast of time... take look on the upcoming products, nearly every month a new product!

From the different subforums:

July - F-86F Sabre

July/August - MiG-21Bis

August 2014 – Fw 190 D-9 Dora

October 2014 - BF-109K

December 2014- Spitfire IX

March 2015 - P-47D-30

May 2015 - Normandy Map with period AI units

also AH-1 Cobra Beta, the Hawk and all VEAO Warbirds are not on the list and don`t forget NTTR for everyone, who has not pre-order A-10C back in the days.....

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

my release list date:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1931683&postcount=4

Release date List:

-Mig-21Bis 1.2.8? (Jul / Aug 2014)

-Hawk T.M1 1.2.8? (Jul / Aug 2014)

-F-86F 1.2.9? (Jul 2014)

-FW-190D-9 1.2.9? (Aug 2014)

-AH-1G (Q2? 2014)

-Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4 (Oct 2014)

-Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX (Dec 2014)

-Curtiss P-40F KittyHawk (Q4 2014)

-L-39 Albatros ZA/ZO: (2014)

-L-39 Albatros C: (Late 2014)

-EDGE 1.3.0 (Late 2014)

-NTTR Nevada 1.3.0? (Late 2014)

-Republic P-47D-30 Thunderbolt (Mar 2015)

-Normandy Theater with Period AI Units (May 2015)

-F8F Bearcat (Q1 2015)

-Eurofighter (Q2 2015)

I am not sure, if it is really wast of time... take look on the upcoming products, nearly every month a new product!

From the different subforums:

also AH-1 Cobra Beta, the Hawk and all VEAO Warbirds are not on the list and don`t forget NTTR for everyone, who has not pre-order A-10C back in the days.....

The smallprint about that the bonus only lasts for 6 months is one thing but that the old puchases were frist to be taken into account and then, even less than 6 months later, are already gone - that is the main complaint here, I think. Complaints like in "wtf all the hassle to a) prepare the system for all that and b) for us to enter all the transaction IDs, etc.". ED could have saved themselfs some manhours of work for that ...

But okay, on the other hand - this is a valid point - at that point in february, there were at least the MiG and the Hawk at least on the horizon and BST was supposed to get the Sabre and the Cobra out before the bonus program's dead line...

Oh well, as I said earlier in this thread - nothing to be upset about imo. It was all just a bit pointless.

But okay, on the other hand - this is a valid point - at that point in february, there were at least the MiG and the Hawk at least on the horizon and BST was supposed to get the Sabre and the Cobra out before the bonus program's dead line...

Oh well, as I said earlier in this thread - nothing to be upset about imo. It was all just a bit pointless.

Because once published, the expiration date of the points just could not be changed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Kuky You're 100% right. I've bought every module, for full price, and I think, that I'm a loyal customer. I was very happy when I saw, that I have 34 $ extra from ED's bonus system. But, I didn't have anything to buy till 01.06.2014 deadline, and I lost my bonus. That's not fair.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a loyal customer, I would be already be more than happy if they would just release DCS stuff ... instead of spending manpower (developing such concepts, realizing them, testing it, etc.) on things like this. :o)

(yes, I do understand that different developer profiles are involved and that there is probably no conflict at all ... but it got the point across, didn't it? ;o)

Edited by Flagrum

Wow -- this expired bonus is really disappointing (as many others have already noted)! I don't remember exactly how much I had, but I was happy to receive some money for my prior purchases (I own everything). I think because I had bought some stuff on sale, I may have only had $8 or $10, but it was a nice gift from EagleDynamics.

Anyway, I was just pondering whether to spend $40 for the new Fw 190 or wait until it goes on sale in a year or so and then I remembered I had some bonus money and was thinking I'd go ahead and grab it. I checked my account and had $0.

So, this supposed bonus system for loyal customers was more of a tease than anything tangible? I love the work ED/DCS does and have spent ~$160 over the last year or so on ALL the modules (even on CombinedArms which I'll likely never use -- just to support the developers), so I of course had nothing to spend this bonus money on before 6/1/14.

A few weeks after the bonus money expires, the Fw 190 is available. That really sucks. I think Eagle Dynamics should reconsider the bonus expiration.

-Justin

I have so far spent $516.22 on ED products :D

So hey, don't feel too bad about this, its not like something was stolen from you, right? Its just that the way it was setup is not useful for people that already own every module... that's all.

I have so far spent $516.22 on ED products :D

So hey, don't feel too bad about this, its not like something was stolen from you, right? Its just that the way it was setup is not useful for people that already own every module... that's all.

Eeek -- ~$500? -- fair enough :) I could probably up my total amount if I include the older products (LockOn and Flanker and such), but not that high.

Anyway, you're absolutely right that nothing was stolen. It's just that nothing was really given, either, so it would have been better to never have implemented the system as they did.

I guess it really is possible that ED had no intention of helping out their most loyal customers (the owners of everything), but that seems like a very strange marketing/PR decision. Why annoy your best customers (the ones willing to buy modules at full price and modules we'll never even use, just to support further development)?

-Justin

yeah, the $516 is what's on ED website history list, and without indiegogo and kickstarted fundraiser, so real amount I've spent on modules for DCS is over $700 (but as fundraser don't go to ED can't count them) :)

so much for a system

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

When I registered my purchased products for the bonus, I thought it was a nice way to apologize for the lack of management and foresight that necessitated the release of numerous iterative products at full price with nearly no additional content (what many consider to be a patch). Now when I finally go to use said points, I find they're expired. I think it was only a few dollars, but its not even about the money..

Several of the guys I sim with stopped buying ED products long ago in protest of ED's business model and development direction. I tried to stick with you guys.. but this is the straw that breaks the camels back.