Mastercard blocking all Transactions out of UK

Soulres

So I was wondering why I couldnt buy the F86f (3rd time having issues with sagepay) and this is what my bank tells me.

"Unfortunately, at this time MasterCard has placed a block on all transactions originating out of Great Britain due to a high risk of fraudulent transactions."

UPDATE: I contacted Mastercard and got a 24Hour Pass to buy games from Great Britain Since SagePay is in Ireland.Incase any MasterCard Users have issues. Just talk to your bank with the Amount your going to use, And where its going to.

Edited by Soulres

Yeah I ended up using paypal for the last two modauls. I think paypal chaged me twice for the F-86 though. Atleast I know it wasnt just my bank but Mastercard.

AMD 955, Asus M4A79t, 12GB 1600 cas7 Mushkin red line and black line, EVGA 670 FTW, Samsung 840 SSD 250GB, Samsung spin point 620GB x3 extra storage.

buy games from Great Britain Since SagePay is in Ireland.

As recently having become resident in Ireland, I know a lot of people that would kill me if I didn't point this out: Ireland is not in Great Britain. :P (Ireland is the island just west of the island known as Great Britain.)

Sorry.

Anyway, to the serious part:

If you have any issues with suspected double charges on your card, etcetera, please open a support ticket to have this checked, or talk to your bank to confirm*. While we don't mind you giving us money, we'd prefer you don't accidently pay twice for the same thing. (EDIT: Unless you're planning to gift etc, of course, you know what I mean. :) )

*Note that when using card, there is a difference between a "reservation" of funds and actual drawing of funds that, on a typical web bank interface or ATM slip etc, will look identical. In the case of a "reservation", that is the initiation of a transaction. If the transaction does not successfully complete, the reservation may remain - but have no worry, the funds didn't leave your account, they're just not presently disposable. Your bank will revert the reservation automatically after 5 days.

(And yes, I know that's sometimes inconvenient. Try having a hotel do that to you, and then bring your apparently overcharged card to the gas pump... Was not fun...)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester