Bonus System Deadline 01.06.2014 (for purchases made prior to 20.02.2014)

mwd2

Have to agree with Cowboy10uk here... Sure, I will probably buy all new aircraft as they get released regardless but that doesn't make the bonus system any more logical. Why have it in the first place if it doesn't do any good to a large group of loyal DCS fans?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an AG chappy, so if the new Sabre is not able to use AG ordnance I would be hoping to wait and use at least some of my $36 bonus (if it has been re-credited yet) on that. The problem being, as ever, it will be released as an "open beta", which means it could be in beta for months.

Then, when it's no more in open beta phase it must then be a new product. So I have to wait until it is no longer considered a new product, to be able to use the bonus (if I can in the first place, with Belsimtek being a 3rd party dev and all).

Hmmm. Zero chance of that occurring before my remaining 5 or 6 months are up, I think.

The most loyal customers will get a number to look at until it disappears again. :thumbup:

That made me laugh! :thumbup:

Well, I never expect bonuses - they are for mega-payouts for failed bankers and sacked BBC chiefs, not such minions as myself, so I'll just forget it exists and wait for sales for those products I'm 50/50 on.

EDIT: I just went over to the DCS shop and looked at the rules concerning bonuses. I think I may actually be able to use mine on that Sabre after all.

This is the phrase that caught my attention:

Bonuses will not expire as long as there is a purchase from the DCS e-shop during a period no greater than one year.
Now, there are several upcoming releases that I intend to buy - one or two probably on release day (Hawk, P-40) although whether 3rd party purchases count as a purchase is not stipulated (please clarify, ED/DCS?), so if they count, my bonus should remain active until that Sabre is no longer classed as a new product.
Edited by Noj

How do you apply the bonus?

It says I have $32, but how do i take that off my sabre purchase?

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

When you procede to checkout there will be a tick-box before you finalise the purchase. If you select to use your bonus by clicking that box, $15 will be deducted from the price to pay.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

How do you apply the bonus?

It says I have $32, but how do i take that off my sabre purchase?

At least in my case, I added it to the cart, then viewed my cart. At that point, it still shows the full $50 price. If you then click the Checkout button, on that screen, it shows the amount you have available in your "internal account" and there's an option to apply it to this purchase. The cart then updates to show the discount. I haven't actually bought it yet, but it looks like that'll work.

-Justin

(Yeah, like El Hadji said above! :) )

Edited by jcookeusa
beaten to it

Worked for me as well... $49.99 - $15 is what I paid for the F-86.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

I know I'm a cycnical chap (experience ;) ) and not always the most outspoken supporter of DCS, despite having all the modules except one, but I'd just like to say thanks for the bonus system. It got off to a rocky start and things were not always as clear as we'd hope - but in the end, without it I wouldn't be flying the Sabre for a long while yet. And I still have some left for the remaining modules hopefully coming out soon.

So, thanks for that, DCS and BST :thumbup: