iControl DCS - iPad Virtual Cockpit

boarder2

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen the orientation thing every now and again but I can't reproduce it on demand so I don't really know what to do to fix it.

I'll try to look into the CDU freezing. There's a lot of magic going on in the background to try and keep things as fast and light as possible to get the best transfer/frame rate, in some cases at the expense of stability. Do you have the same problem with the MFDs?

Hi Boarder

I have not noticed the MFDS do it but have seen the radio page and fault panel lock up and need a switch back and forth to the MFD page to solve it

The orientation change when switching from radio page to MFD is now highly reproducible for me.

Still love the app but would like to solve these bugs.

Cheers.

Is there a way to have just the UFC?

I know there will be wasted space but I have the TM MFDs and would like the UFC as large as possible.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

• 2 weeks later...
The orientation change when switching from radio page to MFD is now highly reproducible for me.

I've found and fixed the orientation problem. It will be resolved in the next release (early next year, I hope). I'll see if I can narrow anything down on the inconsistencies with the CDU as well.

For the time being, if you leave the iPad oriented so that the home button is on the right side, it should behave normally. The problem occurs when the home button is on the left.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Is there a way to have just the UFC?

There's no way to do custom layouts at this time.

What new features are planned next for the android version?

I hope to get all the functionality of the iPad app into the Android app eventually. You'll be able to perform a cold ramp start from the device. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA as I haven't gotten dials or switches working in Android yet and I have been incredibly busy with work and life lately! Hopefully things will calm down early next year and I can start getting some things added within a few months from then!

Does this work with SU-27?

A-10C is the only aircraft currently supported.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

I've found and fixed the orientation problem. It will be resolved in the next release (early next year, I hope). I'll see if I can narrow anything down on the inconsistencies with the CDU as well.

For the time being, if you leave the iPad oriented so that the home button is on the right side, it should behave normally. The problem occurs when the home button is on the left.

Hi border2

That is awesome!

Because of the cockpit setup I have, and the need to power the iPads, I have the iPad I use for MFD's and radio page with Home button on the left, which is why I'm seeing the orientation changes regularly I guess..

Great that there is a fix in the works

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks, just a quick update on what's happening.

There have been a few folks leaving poor reviews lately about the Android version not being up to par with the iOS version and I know I haven't been real vocal about what's happening so here's some info:

Personal excuses - This project is a side project for me and I do have a full time day job. In the last 8 months that day job has taken a ton of my time as the company was acquired 6 months ago and the transition has been exciting and event filled but quite time consuming! That combined with a wife and trying to stay sane has meant that this stuff has had to go on a bit of a hiatus.

With that out of the way, things seem like they're going to be toning down a bit and I may finally have some time to spend on this project!

I have an update in flight that I hope to have out if not this weekend, next weekend. It will fix a few minor things and add a new way to navigate screens (swipe from the right to bring up the menu). This will be a test bed for navigation - if it works well I will probably incorporate it into the iOS app as well. So in the immediate timeframe I'll be concentrating on getting that out for everyone.

Following that I think I'll concentrate on giving a quick update to the iOS app to squash a few small bugs there but overall it's doing pretty well on its own. Hopefully that will be a quick one! Maybe a little bit longer to implement some better navigation since the two finger swiping sounds good on paper but doesn't work real well in practice. :doh:

Then we'll get to the good stuff. Following that I am going to first concentrate on getting switches functional in the Android app so we'll start to see things like LASTE and most of the cold start stuff. Following that will be dials. I will hope to have something available with switches this late spring or early summer.

Anyway, just a touch base to let everyone know this isn't dead and I haven't abandoned anything!

Thanks for the support and all the folks who do leave good reviews and send nice comments. They really do help keep me motivated!

Enjoy and happy flying!

Edited by boarder2

• 1 month later...

I've been away from this program for a little while after getting rid of my ipad 4th gen. I just bought an iPad Air 2 and want to get this going again. I have everything installed. I can see the MFCD's and CDU on the iPad. Issue is, no buttons work on the iPad. The last time I had this issue I had to move the scripts folder into my "saved games/DCS" folder. This time it's there already but still no joy. I can click in the cockpit and see the changes on the iPad but not the other way around. I opened a ticket with bit-shift.

Got it working by changing the name of the scripts folder and letting DCS create a new one and forcing an update on the Virtual cockpit server screen.

Edited by Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I have a Windows Surface...... guess I am out of luck :(

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

v4.2.2 of the iOS app is on the app store now! It adds better navigation between screens, some improvements to switches and a few other things.

Next focus will be on bringing the Android app up to par with iOS!

I have a Windows Surface...... guess I am out of luck :(

I looked into doing it once and there were some limitations with WinRT apps. I may look into it again when the Android app is up to snuff and Win 10 is out. I'd love for an excuse to buy a Surface Pro! :)

There have been a couple reports of iControl DCS not working after updating to iOS 8.2

I'll be looking into it. For the time being, if you don't use your iPad for anything other than sim stuff, I'd suggest holding off on updating until I can verify what's causing the problems!

If you use it for other stuff, definitely update. Security patches are always more important :)

The app updated on my iPad, but know it won't connect to the server saying it's the wrong version. I went to the website and downloaded the latest version of the server, and it still won't connect.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

So it seems a problem has slipped through the cracks that will affect everyone with a 64-bit device.

A fix is in the works as fast as possible. It should be a pretty easy fix, then I need to get it to beta users to make sure it works for them and then off to Apple for review.

The last Apple review took a week, so expect a fix showing up within a week and a couple days.

You will want to avoid updating if you have an iPad Air or later (Anything that uses the A7 or later SoC)

So sorry this made it out there. I don't have a 64-bit device to test with and I didn't realize the simulator I was testing with was apparently running in 32-bit mode!

Edited by boarder2

Thanks for the update :)

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

• 2 weeks later...

How come the text is blurred with this app? Especially in the Tad and also quite blurry in the CDU. I thought it might be to do with the setting of the image quality in the app, but that doesn't even work for me, it seems to have no function.

• 4 weeks later...
how do i use it i have it on my tablet, where do i download it on my computer. and how to connect them

You can download the server from http://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html and follow the video at http://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html#help showing how to set it up.

Hi,

i've installed the app on my Android tab & on my PC (running W8.1 & DCS A-10 on steam).

I have changed the monitor to virtual cockpit & turned full screen mode off.

The MFDs show up fine in the app, but the buttons are not working (got the full version of the app).

Any ideas what's the problem?

I also have an iPad (actually, my wife has :)). have tried the free version there, with the same problems, connection is no problem, but no input possible :(

On a side note, do i really have to buy the iOs version too? Or do you offer some sort of double supscription?

Edit: this problem got solved, i was using A10 standalone instead of the DCS World module. Works great now, with a virtual display

cheers

Badger

Edited by Badger1815

• 3 weeks later...

Hi !

My first screen is above my second one. So It seems I can't setup my displays with your awesome soft. It does work for DCS only, though. A fix for that would be perfect, and I would buy it !

Thanks !!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

iControl has been great, thanks for putting out a great product. However, I have noticed over the last couple years Ive been using it the CDU always seems to be a bit finicky. Not sure if anyone else has this issue. Lately, the issue seems to be after launching iControl, the first time I navigate to the CDU it works fine. If I navigate to any other screen and come back, the CDU image on the ipad freezes, although the touch buttons work and the CDU responds in game. The only way to get it back is to close icontrol and relaunch it. Again the same problem if I leave the CDU page and come back. This is a nuisance. Also, occasionally the CDU image from the game wont appear on the ipad, not sure why and cant duplicate consistently. To fix the issue I just have to go into the display setup and move the CDU slightly and it fixes it. Everything else seems to function flawlessly. I'm using an ipad mini retina 32 gb.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Do you have the most recent version installed? There was a bug with the CDU where it wasn't very tolerant to brief wifi drops and such. That should be fixed in the current version which was released just a couple weeks ago.

If that doesn't solve the issue, open a support ticket by clicking the support tab on the left side of http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html and we'll see what we can do to work through it!