iControl DCS - iPad Virtual Cockpit

boarder2

Took me about 2 mins to figure out how to set it up..

But wow what a product! Got UFC and MFD's on 1 ipad and CDU on another on... This is great!

Setting it up was pretty straight forward. Don't know why there is no response from any buttons or switches. I'm sure it's something simple, just not sure where to look.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to get it working. Had to move the scripts folder. All is well, great app. Adds another level to a great sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Upgraded my ipad to ios 8.0.2. Doesn't appear to be any issues with iControl DCS so far.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where did you move it? I am having the same issue as you where all ticks are green on the server but nothing works on the ipad.

Cheers

SD

Look in - Your DCS install Drive/USERS/your name/SAVED GAMES, there should be a folder called DCS with a folder inside called SCRIPTS. I moved the SCRIPTS folder to my DCS.openbeta folder inside SAVED GAMES. That worked for me. Not sure what other DCS folder you have in your Saved Games folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Boarder, quick question for you. I downloaded the free version (android) and think I made an error in setup. The MFD's on my tablet show a view of what looks like the view of the area behind where I placed the MFD's on my monitors. Is there a specific place I need to set up the server mfd's? I am running 5760x1200 resolution (3 24in monitors at 1920x1200). If what I said doesn't make sense, let me know and I will post a picture. Thanks and I love the functionality so far, I just need to get it setup right. Also, what is the max number of devices that can connect? I would like to use a couple of my older android devices for other functions of the program, as I plan on buying it once I get this resolved =D

Asrock z68 Extreme4Gen3

Intel i5-2500K

8GB ram

EVGA GTX 770 4GB

Creative Recon3d Fatality Champion

HDD's

320 GB Maxtor 7200RPM (OS and misc system files)

1 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM (games and music, storage)

64 GB Sandisk u100 SSD (Star Wars and DCS world 1.2.7)

Trackir 4

Saitek X65F:joystick:

Saitek X52 (Use flightstick for helo and WWII Sims, but X65 throttle)

CH Pro pedals

Thrustmaster MFD's

Logitech X5500 Speakers

Sennheiser PC360 Headphones

Win 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

Anyone having an issue with the CDU screen on the iPad freezing up? I can still use the VC CDU buttons to input data to the sim. However the iPad CDU screen is frozen until I swipe to the main screen and back again. Which then i have to tilt the iPad to get the orientation correct again.

Guess we lost some replies, if anyone's still having a problem, please open a support ticket at http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html by clicking the support tab on the left.

Thanks!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Boarder, I just went to the link for the full featured cockpit and received a malcious web site warning. Any ideas ?

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.

Win 8.1 64 bit | i7 4470 @ 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 RAM | GeoForce GTX 645 2 GB VRAM | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | Saitek Pro Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | iControl

For some reason Norton hasn't liked the site for years. As long as the SHA hash for the download matches what's on the site, you can feel safe that the download is ok.

Just to be sure, here are the hashes:

x86 - 8dae5a66e544c1e6fb23a07acefea1516665b0f5

x64 - 43df9471b1e8a2747c1fb4f85a087143efe7dcfc

Edit: I've submitted the site to Norton for them to re-evaluate their rating. Previously that functionality was always broken, so hopefully this works!

Edited by boarder2

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

That's great to hear. Sometimes you just don't know, you know....

Win 8.1 64 bit | i7 4470 @ 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 RAM | GeoForce GTX 645 2 GB VRAM | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | Saitek Pro Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | iControl

BTW Boarder, are their going to be addons for the BS2 ? Just thinking ahead.

At this time I don't have anything planned. It's something I would love to do, I just don't have the time for it right now or in the foreseeable future :(

I use an iPad mini solely for the cdu and its ok my end. I did have another issue but was resolved by reinstalling the Bonjour software

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Has anyone still have issues with pressing buttons on iPad and nothing get submitted to DCS?

Thats my problem here. :(

DCS non Beta!

I had this problem originally as well... in my case, it was caused because I have my user profile on a drive other than C (E:\Users\myprofile\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts), but the DCS Virtual Server program saves the "Export.lua" file to C:\Users\myprofile\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts.

All I had to do was manually move this file into the correct location and everything started working properly.

Hope this helps.

My screen on the CDU is slightly misaligned. its a little further down and the LSK's are too high. It takes me a sec to make sure I'm clicking on the right ones! Is this possibly an IPad mini issue?

Mine is slightly right. Haven't been able to move it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
I know it's too early to ask this question, are we going to see a F/A-18C/E version of this app?

I would say that there's a reasonably good chance I'll try to make time to support the next high performance modern fighter released by ED!

Has anyone still have issues with pressing buttons on iPad and nothing get submitted to DCS?

Thats my problem here. :(

I use two iPads in A10, one for Startup, radios and MFD views, the other exclusively For the CDU in portrait mode.

I often have the CDU panel freeze up and have to swipe to a previous screen and back to get it to refresh. it seems to still input key presses to the game but the CDU display on the iPad does not update until I Swipe to another screen and return

The other annoying bug is when I switch my left hand ipad from radio page to MFD, the iPad sometimes does an orientation change and the MFD or Radio page is inverted?

Not sure what is causing this as the iPad is not moved during the swipe up or down?

I use two iPads in A10, one for Startup, radios and MFD views, the other exclusively For the CDU in portrait mode.

I often have the CDU panel freeze up and have to swipe to a previous screen and back to get it to refresh. it seems to still input key presses to the game but the CDU display on the iPad does not update until I Swipe to another screen and return

The other annoying bug is when I switch my left hand ipad from radio page to MFD, the iPad sometimes does an orientation change and the MFD or Radio page is inverted?

Not sure what is causing this as the iPad is not moved during the swipe up or down?

I've seen the orientation thing every now and again but I can't reproduce it on demand so I don't really know what to do to fix it.

I'll try to look into the CDU freezing. There's a lot of magic going on in the background to try and keep things as fast and light as possible to get the best transfer/frame rate, in some cases at the expense of stability. Do you have the same problem with the MFDs?

Just released a server update that will fix the script installer for those of you who have relocated your Saved Games directory.

You won't have to manually copy scripts any more!