iControl DCS - iPad Virtual Cockpit

boarder2

... Anyways that was my fix incase anybody else develops a random lost connection.

Glad you were able to get up and running again. Does seem odd that it wouldn't work without updating.

There's also a known issue with iOS 7 and the manual address entry dialog. I'm working on a fix for that but don't have an ETA just yet.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought my wife an Ipad Air. This left her old Ipad available for me to play with. As I already have a 4 screen monitor setup using Eyefinity and CptLoz's Helios profile. I figured "hey a CDU would be cool". So I purchased this software; and you know what? IT ROCKS!!! Now I don't have to buy a separate touchscreen monitor. Thanks border2.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

1.2.7 Update

Will there be a new version that will work with ED's release of 1.2.7 Open Beta?

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

I just bought my wife an Ipad Air. This left her old Ipad available for me to play with. As I already have a 4 screen monitor setup using Eyefinity and CptLoz's Helios profile. I figured "hey a CDU would be cool". So I purchased this software; and you know what? IT ROCKS!!! Now I don't have to buy a separate touchscreen monitor. Thanks border2.

Glad it's working well for ya, enjoy!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Will there be a new version that will work with ED's release of 1.2.7 Open Beta?

Config files are in a different location than they would be when the final release is out. You could probably manually copy the correct config files into the beta location and things would work if you want to get adventurous but I won't be changing the server to support non-released software, sorry :(

Would it be possible to put the steerpoint and page dials at the bottom of the CDU? It looks like there is enough room.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

can ypu please explain to rest of us how to manually edit config files

Config files are in a different location than they would be when the final release is out. You could probably manually copy the correct config files into the beta location and things would work if you want to get adventurous but I won't be changing the server to support non-released software, sorry :(

Maybe you could post here how to manually edit and what files for use with open beta 1.2.7 ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Boarder... Question for you!

I've been hunting around for a way to simulate "ROVER" in a variety of different threads and your platform is ideal for the task. My only issue at this moment is that it would require a JTAC to "log in" to the server to view the MFCD with the TGP on it... (That's the goal, anyway).

Is that even remotely possible? Is it a function that can be added? Can you give some feedback on how feasible it might be?

Basically all parties involved would need to have the server loaded, but with an ID and a password (if necessary) the JTAC could log into the A-10Cs TGP as necessary and have all of the advantages of the existing ROVER equipment.

Thoughts?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Hello Boarder... Question for you!

I've been hunting around for a way to simulate "ROVER" in a variety of different threads and your platform is ideal for the task. My only issue at this moment is that it would require a JTAC to "log in" to the server to view the MFCD with the TGP on it... (That's the goal, anyway).

Is that even remotely possible? Is it a function that can be added? Can you give some feedback on how feasible it might be?

Basically all parties involved would need to have the server loaded, but with an ID and a password (if necessary) the JTAC could log into the A-10Cs TGP as necessary and have all of the advantages of the existing ROVER equipment.

Thoughts?

I'm not familiar with ROVER, have a link that would give me a quick overview?

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys a bit of help here would be greatly appreciated, I downloaded the virtual cockpit app for my HUDL tablet and am able to download the app through goggle play. I have purchased A10 MFCD & UFC. I have downloaded the virtual cockpit server for my PC I have Bonjour installed I have all the ticks on the VC server menu except for the last I just cant seem to get my tablet to connect. I tried to enter the I.P address manually into my tablet app same as its listed at the top of the VC server menu on my PC, unfortunately this doesn't work. I have entered my computers host name into the tablet app as well but no joy. Any advice would be great...

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, just a quick question: Norton reports the Bit-shift site as containing malicious software. Anyone had any problems with the software from that site? Or is it just Norton. :)

I just updated the website with SHA hashes for both the server downloads. Norton has said the site hosts malicious software for years. Feel free to verify the hashes yourself, I just did with no problems! :)

http://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

Boarder

I am using your program on my IPAD. However, I recently bought a touchscreen and would like to start using Helios profiles on my second monitor, but keep the MFDs generated by your program on my second monitor. Do you know if your program and Helios (with its necessary extractions other than MFDs) are compatible with each other or is it a choice of one or the other?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Boarder

I believe that your uninstall instructions are a little out of date for the DCS World version of A10C. Could you please update the instructions as far as to where the files that contain "hook" are located. Thanks.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 3 weeks later...

I might be having a bit of a Senior moment here, but I can't actually find any info on installing this software.

I presume you install the server ICS controller on the main computer which leaves what to be installed on the touch screen computer.

I might be having a bit of a Senior moment here, but I can't actually find any info on installing this software.

I presume you install the server ICS controller on the main computer which leaves what to be installed on the touch screen computer.

Installation instructions are available here http://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html#help

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, but this software is crap - hands off!!!

I wasted my whole evening and still can't play anymore...

I just found the app on the apple store I thought cool, give it try. Installation was easy, but when I start a mission it crashes on half the loading screen.

So I decided to uninstall ist.

- I have set my previous screen settings (2 screens...) - didn't work, same crash

- I manually deleted the installation folder of the addon (why do I have to do this? This should be part of the uninstall procedure...) - no help, mission loading still crashes

- at last, I had a look on the bit-shift.com website. The described files that I have to modify manually don't exists - perhaps it refers to DCS A10 and not DCS World, like sobe mentioned

I am afraid I have to reinstall DCS World and everything else. I am so disappointed.

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

I just found the app on the apple store I thought cool, give it try. Installation was easy, but when I start a mission it crashes on half the loading screen.

- I have set my previous screen settings (2 screens...) - didn't work, same crash

- I manually deleted the installation folder of the addon (why do I have to do this? This should be part of the uninstall procedure...) - no help, mission loading still crashes

- at last, I had a look on the bit-shift.com website. The described files that I have to modify manually don't exists - perhaps it refers to DCS A10 and not DCS World, like sobe mentioned

I am afraid I have to reinstall DCS World and everything else. I am so disappointed.

It works very well for me. It also plays nice with Helios.

Hi, Boarder, I have 1.2.7 which works perfectly with this software but I also recently installed 1.2.8 beta and in the drop down window in options I don't get the option for dcs virtual server. What do I need to do? Ta

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Sorry it didn't work for you. It sounds like you may have some faulty hardware or old video drivers or something. Nothing that gets modified by the server should cause the sim to crash. The only thing it changes is running the sim in windowed mode.

Feel free to open a support ticket at http://support.bit-shift.com if you'd like some more help.

Hi, Boarder, I have 1.2.7 which works perfectly with this software but I also recently installed 1.2.8 beta and in the drop down window in options I don't get the option for dcs virtual server. What do I need to do? Ta

The location of files that need to be modified are different for the beta releases of DCS World so the server and automated script install doesn't work with the beta releases. You could manually install the scripts, but I don't have a full list of everything that you'd need to copy over available anywhere at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Downloaded Virtual Cockpit server I use this on the other computer and DCS fails to launch from computer. Other computer works just fine.

Other computer owns DCS A10C, this one does not. Can this be caused by not owning the module?

What gives?

Edited by Vähäkylä