MiG-21 LAUNCH TRAILER & ANNOUNCEMENT - COMING 18/09/2014!

Cobra847

I'll spill the beans and note that we wanted to do something exciting for our backers -- but it's dependent on things coming together without issues or delay, thus this is not a sure thing.

(and won't be announced in advance, except this.. kind of..)

I'd take a weekend veeeeeeery soon, aka before Sep 18, with the MiG-21bis gratefully :)

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right as my Track Clip fails me. Hopefully the replacement will arrive in time.

Those nasty buggers. Mine's also broken, but I fixed it with some Sugru approx. a year ago after I've read about it in this thread IIRC: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70494&highlight=Sugru

Still works like a charm and it was much less expensive as opposed to getting a new Track Clip Pro even though I had no other use for all those Sugru pieces, and it's impossible to buy just a single one, or at least it was back then.

It's definately worth it and you'd have the replacement clip in spare if this happens again ;)

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Those nasty buggers. Mine's also broken, but I fixed it with some Sugru approx. a year ago after I've read about it in this thread IIRC: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70494&highlight=Sugru

Still works like a charm and it was much less expensive as opposed to getting a new Track Clip Pro even though I had no other use for all those Sugru pieces, and it's impossible to buy just a single one, or at least it was back then.

It's definately worth it and you'd have the replacement clip in spare if this happens again ;)

Mine has actually bitten the dust. It broke long ago, and I mended it, but now the LEDs wouldn't even turn on. I called Natural Point and they've supposedly sent me a new one that will VERY HOPEFULLY be here before the mig-21. otherwise someone may have to die.

I'll spill the beans and note that we wanted to do something exciting for our backers -- but it's dependent on things coming together without issues or delay, thus this is not a sure thing.

(and won't be announced in advance, except this.. kind of..)

It's chaos in Team Leatherneck right now -- we're all in high gear.

I wasn't a backer, but I am still excited to buy this module. You guys deserve the hype and I hope this does well for you. But, please please please.... make your aircraft choices carefully. I don't want to start a war here, but I personally do not care about the "WWII" aircraft, some other trainer aircraft being released. I know the info is harder to come by, but please take on some modern aircraft current to this era... Mirage, Gripen, eurofighter, tornado etc. :p Anyways... enough OT. Wishlist for the future. :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I wasn't a backer, but I am still excited to buy this module. You guys deserve the hype and I hope this does well for you. But, please please please.... make your aircraft choices carefully. I don't want to start a war here, but I personally do not care about the "WWII" aircraft, some other trainer aircraft being released. I know the info is harder to come by, but please take on some modern aircraft current to this era... Mirage, Gripen, eurofighter, tornado etc. :p Anyways... enough OT. Wishlist for the future. :p

All aircrafts from your wishlist are in the Pipeline from VEAO...

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO! Can't wait, only thing is I've also got the latest Zelda spin off arriving on the 19th so it's going to be fun juggling both although the MiG might win out :D.

Can't wait to try JATO on a clean aircraft to see how stupidly fast it launches off the ground lol. This thing is going to be absolutely INSANE. :joystick:

Congratulations to the LN team, you guys have had your ups and downs but it's just the last mad dash to the finish now and then you can have a week off :). I mean you have to start work on that MiG-23 soon... right? :P :pilotfly:

Hi everyone,

Maybe a bit dumb question, but still - what do I do if I have Steam version of DCS? Should I wait until MiG-21 is available there or can I buy it directly from the DCS store and then integrate it somehow?

• Gigabyte Z97X SLI
  • i5 4670K OC + СoolerMaster 212 Evo
  • inno3D GTX980 iChill
  • 16 GB RAM
  • OCZ Vector 128 GB SSD + 3TB Seagate HDD
  • M-Audio 2496 Audiophile
  • Pimax 4K HMD

• Self-made air mouse controller
  • VKB Cobra Z (BRD Mod)
  • Gametrix ECS; VKB T-Rudder
  • Custom Mjoy 16 switch panel
  • Wireless Inertial Tracker + Opentrack

Hi everyone,

Maybe a bit dumb question, but still - what do I do if I have Steam version of DCS? Should I wait until MiG-21 is available there or can I buy it directly from the DCS store and then integrate it somehow?

Hi Dami,

You can install the standalone version of DCS World and add it to your steam external games list (which will allow you to use the steam overlay, etc).

Keys are nontransferable to Steam. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Congratulations to the LN team, you guys have had your ups and downs but it's just the last mad dash to the finish now and then you can have a week off :). I mean you have to start work on that MiG-23 soon... right? :P :pilotfly:

And after that, the MiG-25 :)

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I think he was trying to post the first image in that link but posted the website page instead...

The link is fine when you let the page load completely instead of hitting the stop button as soon as you see a chick :P

Direct http://i.minus.com/ibgT0AfdMLG7fb.gif

Carry on. :book:

Don't you guys envy LN a bit? I mean, they make sim history :thumbup:

Hi Dami,

You can install the standalone version of DCS World and add it to your steam external games list (which will allow you to use the steam overlay, etc).

Keys are nontransferable to Steam. :)

Well, to tell the truth, I don't need that overlay at all, the problem is that originally I bought the DCS game through Steam and now I'm not sure how do I install the MiG-21 module onto the Steam version.

• Gigabyte Z97X SLI
  • i5 4670K OC + СoolerMaster 212 Evo
  • inno3D GTX980 iChill
  • 16 GB RAM
  • OCZ Vector 128 GB SSD + 3TB Seagate HDD
  • M-Audio 2496 Audiophile
  • Pimax 4K HMD

• Self-made air mouse controller
  • VKB Cobra Z (BRD Mod)
  • Gametrix ECS; VKB T-Rudder
  • Custom Mjoy 16 switch panel
  • Wireless Inertial Tracker + Opentrack