July 2014 Update #1

Wags

Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

"Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill.

This is what creators see before they launch

https://ksr-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/creator-responsibility.png

This information can serve as a basis for legal recourse if a creator doesn't fulfill their promises. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.

Then go after RRG, I don't think anyone here really gives two shit if you do. Fight them in a court of law until your heart is content.

• Like 1

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Sith. :music_whistling: I changed it up buddy

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

... two I am very sensitive...

You do have the 'fragile' look. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Guys I have no interest in pursuing any legal action. Im just trying to play devil's advocate, and express that the door is "potentially" open for one

You people are wound up so tight. Relax

devil's advocate (in this case) = trolling

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As a $100+ backer I am getting nearly everything I wanted so it does not effect me personally. However I agree with those saying that the lower backer levels should be able to choose their first aircraft from the ones they backed in the kickstarter (ie. spit, thunderbolt, 109).

Most of all thanks to ED for giving us anything at all, it could have been much, much worse.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards.

Good to hear about this. I can live without the physical extras as long as modules can be completed.

Thanks for the update. :thumbup:

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

It's totally acceptable to just get one aircraft for my 30 dollar backing. But not be able to choose? That's stupid! I don't want another Mustang key. And suggesting that I can sell it to get the plane I want, that's even more stupid. Why should I have to do that?

I'm sorry if I may sound rude. Most things are okey with me, but this feels far from it. Will I now continue to buy WWII planes from ED? Probably not. Yes I know this is (maybe) not Eagle Dynamics fault to begin with, but I supported this project because ED was part of it. I'm reasonable, I don't want/need five aircrafts for thirty dollars. Just one, and not the Mustang I already have! Now I feel like a fool for buying it. My support for ED + WWII started there and look how dum I was. If i haven't bought it I would now recieve a Mustang for my Kickstarter money...

And how much is the Normandy map worth? If I really wanted it, I could buy it, right?

I will after this rant peecefully accept the outcome of the matter, and hopefully things may draw me back into buying products from ED in the future. They produce quality stuff. But for now, I think I will put my dollars somewhere else.

So no big loss for either of us, it's just money.

I don't mean to offend anybody. Also, English is not my native language. This is just a text trying to describe my thoughts/feelings.

• Like 1

Very fair solution. I'm a bit bewildered by all the bellyaching from folks who easily could have ended up with nothing to show for their money at all. ED was under no obligation to pick it up when RRG dropped it.

Thank you, ED, for salvaging this project! I will certainly support it as it goes ahead!

HT

Just started reading through the posts, HotTom you stated very well my thoughts on this subject.

Also, thank you ED, for taking this on and finishing what was started.:thumbup:

I'm not going to belabor the point any further...(and not hunt down 27+ pages of responses)...

the whole debacle is confusing. I won't be back to read the response - but a simple choice in which aircraft you get for $85 seems rather reasonable to me.

If $85 gets me 3 AC, fine. Just let me pick what 3 please.

Thanks

As a $50 backer, I am a bit disappointed as I already have a 51 key. But I will have to say thanks to ED for attempting to do the right thing. Kickstarter collects their 5% and does not guarantee anything (in any form or function), so the risks should be known.

We could have nothing... or in Seinfeld fashion "No WWII for you!"...

12-inch-Red-aviation-ordnance-logo-sticker-with-IYAOYAS-banner.png

Thanks Waggs and those at Ed that decided to pick the ball up and run with it, otherwise it would be game over and each of us KS supporters would be left holding the bag. It doesn't effect my rewards at the level I am at, but it would be nice if ED could revise the rewards and let those that are getting less than all of the modules choose which modules they want. I feel sure the powers that be at ED will see that this one little change will allow everyone that was a KS Supporter to be satisfied, even with the reduced rewards. Thanks again to all at ED who committed to seeing this project through, I hope it is very lucrative for you in the long run.

S!Blade<><

So did or did not ED, as a partner, have any say as regards the original RRG rewards matrix? Because that right there is the question. As for me however, I'll just wait at this point and see what becomes of this mess, but one thing is dead certain regardless: Ilya Sevchenko is toast as far as sims go after this...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

it would be nice if ED could revise the rewards and let those that are getting less than all of the modules choose which modules they want.

Agreed.

I guess the current system allows ED to save a few bucks giving away p-51 keys they've already paid for... I'm assuming developers have to pay for software keys to distribute their products (?)... It's a bit lame but life goes on

It's definitely great that the project will continue, despite a change in management!

Edited by SmokeyTheLung

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

To be honest I always felt the original rewards were too generous from a business standpoint. As a consumer I loved them though.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to choose which aircraft you recieve in the lower tier rewards, but hey. I'm more relieved things are moving foreward than dissapointed that i've "lost" something I "paid for". I understood when I backed that there were no guarantees and when Ilya dropped the ball I knew all bets were off when it came to rewards and timescales.

• ED Team
So did or did not ED, as a partner, have any say as regards the original RRG rewards matrix? Because that right there is the question. As for me however, I'll just wait at this point and see what becomes of this mess, but one thing is dead certain regardless: Ilya Sevchenko is toast as far as sims go after this...

Its not clear, but from my perspective it would seem that they probably did not. Now before anyone says how is this possible, I would imagine it comes down to trusting RRG could operate on their own, not operate above their means and deliver on their promises... obviously they were not capable of this.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team

I agree totally... I chose the $40 option because it was a deal I just could not pass up... $40 for 6 DCS level aircraft... I just couldnt pass that up.

I probably knew in my heart it wasnt to be... and to be honest at this point, I would just be happy with the WWII project completing... I would love to be able to pick my own aircraft too, but in the same breath, I want a health ED to deliver the goods.

To be honest I always felt the original rewards were too generous from a business standpoint. As a consumer I loved them though.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to choose which aircraft you recieve in the lower tier rewards, but hey. I'm more relieved things are moving foreward than dissapointed that i've "lost" something I "paid for". I understood when I backed that there were no guarantees and when Ilya dropped the ball I knew all bets were off when it came to rewards and timescales.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

somehow it feel not realy right, i've pleged 50$ on kickstarter for all aircrafts, i've also bought a Dora - Key in ED shop, because ED PR ****ed up to make a clear PR statement related to DCS: WWII backers .. somehow i feel anger now

$100-$119

Silver Backer credit in manuals

DCS: P-51D Mustang and print-ready PDF manual

Normandy Map

DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora, Alpha access, and print-ready PDF manual

DCS: Bf-109K, Alpha access, and print-ready PDF manual

DCS: Spitfire, Alpha access, and print-ready PDF manual

DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt, Alpha access, and print-ready PDF manual

My shipping cost of the $12!!! And miss the 262!!!

"Silver Backer credit in manuals" What's this? A name printed in manuals? Can I use Chinese Words?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I pledge 50 $ only because all flyable aircraft were promised. Else I would pledge for 20 or 30 $. And for that I would get one or two additional flyable aircraft of choice. I have mustang from April 2012 so I don't need another one.

I know Ed only want to give us good compromise. I would only like to choose something else (Spitfire) instead of Mustang.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro