GUI application for Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel

ArturDCS

Great news. I hope it works :thumbup:

Thanks

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, donate button added. The software will have to communicate over sockets with DCS.

:pilotfly:

Donation made. Looking forward to your app for this. I'm not familiar with programming--what are the implications of having to communicate over sockets?

Thanks,

Paul

Donation made.

Thank you!

what are the implications of having to communicate over sockets?

Well there will be the need of configuring export.lua in the game directory to enable communication. My software will have to have some additional parameters under settings/options for this too as compared to the Switch panel software.

Then I will have to figure out some flexible solution for radio comm settings so that the user can configure a profile. I don't plan to have all the DCS modules (I own the Huey) configured, it will have to be made by the user for a specific module/airframe.

From what I have gathered the parameters are visible in lua files under respective airframe directory and from there one should be able to get the parameters needed. Anyways this is far in the future. I have to have a panel first and get my code started. Haven't done anything yet besides reading up on this.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently discovered a neat trick that can be done with ArturDCS' program. You can gang commands to one switch action as long as they use the same modifiers. A perfect example of this are the commands for the ejection seat arming system in the Ka-50 Black Shark. After flipping up the cover, three switches need to be set. Instead of using three switches for this, you can use one. All you have to do is edit the pup_bindings file manually. Here are the lines:

PanelSwitchKey{1SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_LANDING}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,RMENU + RSHIFT + VK_E + VK_R + VK_T}

PanelSwitchKey{0SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_LANDING}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,RMENU + RSHIFT + VK_E + VK_R + VK_T}

For some reason this does not work in all cases. In the same aircraft I can use the keyboard to switch the EEG engine control switches on and off simultaneously, but when programmed in this app it won't work well. I can flip the covers up with one switch, but they won't come down, for example.

Hope you will find this useful.

Paul

Got a request to make Flightpanels work with Elite Dangerous. Anyone had any success with that title?

I don't own that so testing is impossible.

I supported Elite: Dangerous on Kickstarter so I will receive my copy shortly. I will test it as soon as it will be released this year. Will be using it a lot of course if it works.

If you want to add another sim title to your list at Sourceforge: I will use the panel with Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0.

Kiitos ArturDCS for this application! smilewink.gif Will absolutely donate if I get it to work with the sims I play.

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent tool but....

This is a really helpful peice of software and I've got it working well in DCS and did have it running in War Thundr and COD. But, for some reason, after a clean windows reinstall it no longer works in WT and COD. The control movements are seen on the virtual panel and the key inputs appear in the log but they don't seem to register in the games. Please advise.

W

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got a panel for Xmas :) No joy with panel:(

GDay

Reaching out for some help here. I got the Saitek switch panel for Xmas and have installed ver 1.5 of Flightpanels. Installed it as per instruction on this thread, its not doing anything in DCS. I must be missing a step or something...i made two profiles (F15 and P51). Do i have to covert or move these profiles to somewhere in DCS in order to have the panel function in DCS?

Thanks...some help would be appreciated.

WITH ENOUGH THRUST, LIFT IS IRRELEVANT!

GDay

Reaching out for some help here. I got the Saitek switch panel for Xmas and have installed ver 1.5 of Flightpanels. Installed it as per instruction on this thread, its not doing anything in DCS. I must be missing a step or something...i made two profiles (F15 and P51). Do i have to covert or move these profiles to somewhere in DCS in order to have the panel function in DCS?

Thanks...some help would be appreciated.

Well first off, no you do not have to do anything in DCS. The profiles only map the physical switch buttons on your panel to a virtual key press in your Windows. Now, I cannot honestly understand what your problem is. When you look at the Flightpanels window can you see the buttons/switches move when you press your panel's buttons?

I've had about 2 bottles of good red wine this evening so I won't be opening Visual Studio tonight.

Donated sum for a radio panel is 47€. Please donate.

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

Here comes the embarrassing part.....i didn't realize that the flightpanel program had to be up and running if i wanted the panel to function in the sim (Who looks like a dumbass?...this guy). Your program works great and i appreciate your work to make the panel function within DCS. Donation coming shortly.

Thanks again.

WITH ENOUGH THRUST, LIFT IS IRRELEVANT!

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

Here comes the embarrassing part.....i didn't realize that the flightpanel program had to be up and running if i wanted the panel to function in the sim (Who looks like a dumbass?...this guy). Your program works great and i appreciate your work to make the panel function within DCS. Donation coming shortly.

Thanks again.

Excellent, thanks! Donated sum now 57€. :D

Edited by ArturDCS

I am rewriting Flightpanels to use the vanilla HID driver instead of the custom libUSB driver so it should work without any additional driver management from the user.

Will perhaps make a Windows Installation package for it too.

2015-01-02_155546.thumb.jpg.a3d61d6e82cd62795efaade96cf9367a.jpg

Edited by ArturDCS

I am rewriting Flightpanels to use the vanilla HID driver instead of the custom libUSB driver so it should work without any additional driver management from the user.

Will perhaps make a Windows Installation package for it too.

Great news, ArturDCS, thanks. The switch panel has been working great with your software in both DCS World and X-Plane. However, it will be nice to get back the green LEDs. :)

I was going to ask how the radio panel work was coming along, but I stumbled upon another post where you say you are having some difficulty and that you haven't received enough from donations. I encourage anyone reading this to make a contribution to the effort.

Thanks,

Paul

Great news, ArturDCS, thanks. The switch panel has been working great with your software in both DCS World and X-Plane. However, it will be nice to get back the green LEDs. :)

I was going to ask how the radio panel work was coming along, but I stumbled upon another post where you say you are having some difficulty and that you haven't received enough from donations. I encourage anyone reading this to make a contribution to the effort.

Thanks,

Paul

Everything is slowly going forward. Regarding the radio panel, we need to discuss how to implement it. Getting a realistic solution for connecting to all radios out there. :book:

v1.6 [6 January 2015]

• Now using Windows HID driver.
  • Uses mikeobrien/HidLibrary (see more under About)
  • Possible to click LEDs in interface to have them changed (GREEN/YELLOW/RED/DARK).
  • Threaded key presses. If a long key press is reissued while first issued is still being pressed then first is cancelled and second pressed.

I'd appreciate if you tested this one. It won't read landing gear info from DCS but it is only a small step to getting there. The big step has been for me to learn new things about HID and getting Flightpanels modified.

Please go to your Computer Management and remove the old driver as per the attached image.

uninstall_driver.png.2ddf047a7f55be846fb0a75c2f2a574c.png

• Like 1

Hi ArturDCS,

So far, v1.6 looks great. I tested a few profiles within DCS and all looks good. I also tested the switch panel in X-Plane without running Flight Panels v1.6, i.e. just using the Saitek driver and X-Plane plugin, and it worked as expected. Great job!

Thanks,

Paul

Hi ArturDCS,

So far, v1.6 looks great. I tested a few profiles within DCS and all looks good. I also tested the switch panel in X-Plane without running Flight Panels v1.6, i.e. just using the Saitek driver and X-Plane plugin, and it worked as expected. Great job!

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks, excellent. Did you try and click the LEDs in Flightpanels? Did it work with the panel?

I am now looking into DCS BIOS and getting the landing gear info from DCS.

Is this correct?

Landing gear green = Extracted & OK

Landing gear red = not OK / not in position / damaged

Landing gear moving = red

Landing gear up = dark

Edited by ArturDCS

The color very much depends on the plane. For the Luftwaffe planes I'd like to have these colors:

Landing gear red = retracted

Landing gear yellow = not OK / not in position / damaged

Landing gear dark = retracting or extracting

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

The color very much depends on the plane. For the Luftwaffe planes I'd like to have these colors:

Landing gear red = retracted

Landing gear yellow = not OK / not in position / damaged

Landing gear dark = retracting or extracting

OK, I will try and make it all user configurable. The yellow color though really is more like a bright green. On my panel I have to have both green and yellow lit at the same time to see any difference if at all.

I've been keeping up with this for a little while, though never bothered to install it. Until now.

This is super cool, and with the lights working adds a little bit of flare to the game. Keyboards will be a thing of the past when I fly.

Thanks for the hard work, it is appreciated.

Hi ArturDCS,

I found the time to install my Switch Panel and your software and it works perfectly :thumbup:

Especially with the working LED´s

Installation was a liitle bit confusing, but finally the Panel is running :pilotfly:

Thank you for your time!

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT