GUI application for Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel

ArturDCS

*set notepad to open PUP files---

The requisite steps again:

1- downloaded v8 zip

2- extracted v8 zip into desktop folder

3- copied+pasted v8 folder into resident location

4- sent ProUsbPanels to shortcut on desktop

- Upon double-clicking shortcut, GUI immediately comes up (no more "object reference" warnings and 3+ clicks).

- GUI responds to panel's inputs

- Switch profiles work in-game (DCS)

- Menu now appears in its place

- GUI can be resized from all sides

- I discovered that v8 GUI now remembers profile used from last closure (don't know if that's desirable or not ??)

...will definitely keep you posted on anything else I find or comes up!

Looks like we have a winner!:pilotfly:...

ArturDCS... YOU DONE GOOD!!! :thumbup:

Edited by goonybird
added comment

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing their work.

Why has not done Saitek?

Installed and tested without incident with a simple test, (Gear Up-Down) and work fine.

Greetings!

• Like 1

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.

It is SO good to lower the landing gear with the landing gear lever now!!!:lol:...

I found another positive trait of the GUI --- It can be "hot-started", meaning that if you forget to load the GUI or forgot to open the proper profile, you can Alt-tab out of the game load the GUI or open the proper profile, bring the game back up, and everything works!!... that little warning bell will ring if you test the lever/button response before bringing the game back up, but it doesn't indicate any harm done ----sweet!;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is SO good to lower the landing gear with the landing gear lever now!!!:lol:...

Sounds good!

I do like the panel too, I only fly the UH-1H so there is no obvious use for the gear lever but I have it bound to Governor, in case of engine shutdown I can quickly switch to autorotation.

It sits really fine on my X-65F throttle panel. :)

IMG_6669.thumb.jpg.4a49740d6629636752d7483bf8e61e7b.jpg

IMG_6668.thumb.jpg.c7f29d99f9293b2be9dd3b992caeeb48.jpg

Edited by ArturDCS
Grammar

@ArturDCS -- I'm looking forward to running your application--it looks great. Will any of the changes required to make the switch panel work in DCS affect how it functions in X-Plane (which I use) or FSX? To get the Saitek panels to work in X-Plane, I had to install special drivers. Would I have to change drivers every time I switch applications?

Thanks,

Skeeter

Unfortunately yes I think so. I do not think it will be seen in FSX after you have installed the "DCS driver".

I know way too little about USB programming to be able to say anything else about what options there are.

So you would have to switch drivers in between the games. Please report your findings so others can benefit from it.

Thanks.

@ArturDCS -- I'm looking forward to running your application--it looks great. Will any of the changes required to make the switch panel work in DCS affect how it functions in X-Plane (which I use) or FSX? To get the Saitek panels to work in X-Plane, I had to install special drivers. Would I have to change drivers every time I switch applications?

Thanks,

Skeeter

Thanks for the quick response. I had a feeling it might require the driver change. I'll see how easy or difficult going back and forth is and post about it here. In any case, thank you for taking time to write this application.

Skeeter

Commit:

v1.0 [3 Feb 2014]

• Added all Virtual Keycodes to configuration file for easier manual editing.
  • Added Disable button. Clicking this button activates "Disable Mode" (Red exclamation mark visible). During this mode no key presses will be sent forward to the operating system/DCS. This is useful when you have respawned in a new airframe and you need to reset all the switches so as to reflect the status of the various components in the new airframe.
  • No key presses will be forwarded unless a valid windows handle is aquired to a window named "Digital Combat Simulator" or "DCS". This ensures that Flighpanels do not forward key presses to other applications (windows).

Commit:

v1.0 [3 Feb 2014]

• No key presses will be forwarded unless a valid windows handle is aquired to a window named "Digital Combat Simulator" or "DCS". This ensures that Flighpanels do not forward key presses to other applications (windows).

I just realized that this might not be a good idea if someone uses Flightpanels with another flight simulator that works in a similar fashion like DCS in regards of commands and key presses. If this is a problem, let me know and I will remove this.

This is a good idea to keep it so the panel don't go haywire while working with wordpad.... Maybe you could update your code that it require any common simulator to be launched.

I can help finding exe name if needed :thumbup:

I'll be trying your driver today. I've been looking for that since years... Thank you !!!

This is a good idea to keep it so the panel don't go haywire while working with wordpad.... Maybe you could update your code that it require any common simulator to be launched.

I can help finding exe name if needed :thumbup:

I'll be trying your driver today. I've been looking for that since years... Thank you !!!

Yes let's do like that. At the moment I do not know of any other sim but I'll add them once identified.

Thanks.

What do you need, .Exe name ? or is they any other information you need ? I can go look thru my computers and check all the sims I have :)

Lets not do this now as it adds to maintenance, after all it might not be necessary. Thanks for your help, I will contact you if it seems like others sim users use this program.

Commit:

v1.2(BETA) [12 Feb 2014]

-Added sequenced key presses. Now possible to add unlimited number of key press sequences. ***VERSION IS BETA***

It's not macro recording, each sequence needs to be manually created. I'd appreciate if you all would test it and help me sort out any problems. A lot of changes has been made. The previous version is still (and will be) downloadable so you can always go back in case you deleted the v1.1.

I use this for having a single key to switch my all of my UH-1H crew's ROE with one key press instead of having to set it individually for each crew members.

The "Break" period is how long the program waits until it will send the sequence.

Right-click in the text box into which you want a sequence.

Edited by ArturDCS

• 2 weeks later...

-No key presses will be forwarded unless a valid windows handle is aquired to a window named "Digital Combat Simulator" or "DCS". This ensures that

Flighpanels do not forward key presses to other applications (windows).

Hi ArturDCS ...

This feature is great, but has the disadvantage of making your program incompatible with other simulators, X-Plane, CoD, etc..

Is it too much to ask for a command line for this feature? Or a menu with several options ...

Anyway congratulations for your work, it's fantastic.

Greetings!

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.

Hi ArturDCS ...

This feature is great, but has the disadvantage of making your program incompatible with other simulators, X-Plane, CoD, etc..

Is it too much to ask for a command line for this feature? Or a menu with several options ...

Anyway congratulations for your work, it's fantastic.

Greetings!

OK I've made a setting of this. It is under the Tools menu for those that use this only for DCS.

v1.3 [25 Feb 2014]

-Added option for checking for Digital Combat Simulator before sending key commands. This enables using the program for other simulators.

Edited by ArturDCS
Added commit information

Well - it's not working here.

[all steps works well until here ]

When you have found it, update the driver for this device. ok

Click the "Driver" tab -ok

Click "Update Driver" button -ok

Click "Browse my computer for driver software" -ok

In the new dialog browse choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

In the new dialog, uncheck "Show compatible hardware" and click "Have Disk" button

Browse to the location where you unzipped the files and open the folder Saitek_Pro_Flight_Switch_Panel found

Click "Open" in the file dialog (inf file? I've done this already and I do not remember exactly what file I chose) -That's the inf, drivers are inf files.

You will probably get warnings because Windows a) doesn't know who provided this driver b) doesn't think this is the best available driver for this device, either way just click yes or OK or what it asks, you want this driver installed

This is where i have problem. He tells me "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64 based systems. " I press OK. This revert me to the "have disk" menu - but don't install anything.

Computer is running win7pro x64- and the install is fresh from this morning. I did not installed saitek drivers.

Any idea ?

Well - it's not working here.

[all steps works well until here ]

When you have found it, update the driver for this device. ok

Click the "Driver" tab -ok

Click "Update Driver" button -ok

Click "Browse my computer for driver software" -ok

In the new dialog browse choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

In the new dialog, uncheck "Show compatible hardware" and click "Have Disk" button

Browse to the location where you unzipped the files and open the folder Saitek_Pro_Flight_Switch_Panel found

Click "Open" in the file dialog (inf file? I've done this already and I do not remember exactly what file I chose) -That's the inf, drivers are inf files.

You will probably get warnings because Windows a) doesn't know who provided this driver b) doesn't think this is the best available driver for this device, either way just click yes or OK or what it asks, you want this driver installed

This is where i have problem. He tells me "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64 based systems. " I press OK. This revert me to the "have disk" menu - but don't install anything.

Computer is running win7pro x64- and the install is fresh from this morning. I did not installed saitek drivers.

Any idea ?

Check this screenshot guide, does it help? I know I have had the same problem and I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it. But I just uninstalled the driver (and deleted) and unplugged the panel and reinstalled the driver once I had plugged in the panel again. The screenshots are from this installation.

Whoaw, i'd like to apologies, i did it wrong this night. Thanks to your document, i found out that i was trying to install drivers on HID device instead of USB device. I battled against the HID\VID_06A3&PID_0D67&REV_0110 instead of USB\VID_06A3&PID_0D67&REV_011

Thank you so much !

Whoaw, i'd like to apologies, i did it wrong this night. Thanks to your document, i found out that i was trying to install drivers on HID device instead of USB device. I battled against the HID\VID_06A3&PID_0D67&REV_0110 instead of USB\VID_06A3&PID_0D67&REV_011

Thank you so much !

Good! I made a change in the first post to highlight [uSB Input Device]. So you had your panel also listed as an "HID compliant ...."?