Vertical Reality Simulations

Shaman

Hi!

I have just received this newsletter and it says VRS F/A-18E for FSX is now available in pre-order - 10% off. Release will be this December. Since this is actually an entire simulator that uses FSX as graphics engine, not just "addon" I am getting one myself. What convinced me totally is that one of the developers is the one who programmed F/A-18 Hornet 3.0 - I loved that one - and the Korea sim too.

http://www.vrsimulations.com/

bannerscreenshot_center.jpg

• Like 1

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I'm so on the fence about this one. I've heard such great reviews of the FS9 version -- basically saying that its the first flight sim they've played with an air plane that actually feels like a chunk of metal flying through air. My problem is that I don't know if learning to use another Sim (FSX) AND learning a very complex study-sim aircraft is worth the time considering it can't really fly any missions.

You can fly my wing anytime, RedTiger ;)

Anyway, you can actually fly mission with it. Weapons systems do work, and before A-10C gets released we will be already @home when understanding all the magic behind JDAM delivery :)

I am sure it will be worth it, for catapult launches and night carrier landings alone in most realistic manner possible on PC, it is sold to me already!

tail# 44 or 444

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm. Says it comes with the Carrier launch and arrest systems but no carrier? Am I to assume someone else would build a carrier with their launch and arrest system?

_:Windows 10 64 Bit, I7 3770 3.4Ghz, 16 Gigs Ram, GTX 960, TM Warthog, Track IR 5 w/Pro Clip:_

Looks very nice, you can drop bombs and launch missiles but does it have real targeting system ? Or is it more about the flying, because it's hard to imagine they programmed a whole system like e.G. Shkval in DCS.

One of the videos on the website showed what looked to be a lock. Then fired a Sparrow, then after some flight time the targetting box on the hud disapeared as if there was an impact. But there was no explosion and it was BVR in the clouds. So no clue really.

_:Windows 10 64 Bit, I7 3770 3.4Ghz, 16 Gigs Ram, GTX 960, TM Warthog, Track IR 5 w/Pro Clip:_

I guess it would just use microsoft gamespy servers if you want to fly online? The more I think about the potential of this the more excited I get for it :)

Gamespy sucks on FSX it is the worst MP program for FS.:doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Hmmm. Says it comes with the Carrier launch and arrest systems but no carrier? Am I to assume someone else would build a carrier with their launch and arrest system?

FSX Acceleration already comes with a carrier you can also download freeware carriers. With the VRS ACM you may not require FSX acceleration in order to do CAT launches and carrier landings as the FS9 version ACM has its own which can be adjusted for different carriers. The Cat launches are also more complex as the pilot has to set his end speed.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Looks very nice, you can drop bombs and launch missiles but does it have real targeting system ? Or is it more about the flying, because it's hard to imagine they programmed a whole system like e.G. Shkval in DCS.

In the FS9 version you can launch AAMs at AI aircraft which you can lock on radar. Once the missile hits the AI aircraft disappears it might be different for FSX though since FSX supports explosions so more is possible although I think we have to wait and see. One other thing you can do is SEAD missions and launch Harms at search radars/SAMs. It also has a complex damage model and the SAMs/AAA can fire at you it also has ECM and decoys. The other thing you can do is inflight refuel.:thumbup:

IMO VRS superhornet is at the same level of complexity as DCS Blackshark infact as an FS addon I think it would make a better addon for DCS/FO. It even has the pirouette programmed into the FCS!

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

New website is up!

And discounts for newest versions are available till March release!

http://www.vrsimulations.com/

Check this out - worth it!

Features of new version:

http://www.vrsimulations.com/FA18EFSX.htm

superbug_preorder_banner.jpg

tail# 44 or 444

That is simply awesome! I have been drooling on the screenshots for long time. If I will get FSX, this will propably be the biggest reason. Shame it's in the wrong sim.

Dah! Why is everything MARCH 2010????

And Assassins Creed 2! That's gonna be one big entertainment overload. :D

Edited by Griffin

Dah! Why is everything MARCH 2010???? Superbug X, DCS A-10C ??? (fingers crossed), Battle Fiend BC 2, and...HBO's THE PACIFIC!

lol...plus I turn 30 so I guess the bad with the good right ??? ;)

Looking forward!

your one year older then me, I turn 29 in March....

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

To be honest, I really think that ED should out source some of the work so they could release modules more frequently. Letting third party developers develop new flyables would in my opinion be a great step in the right direction.