DCS F-35A

Wags

I am not the one putting them up as examples what my company can do. Just sayin'

Doesn't mean much. In the 90s I wouldn't touch lock-on because I thought it was just nothing but eye candy for movie makers. Falcon 4 all day. Now eagle dynamics is the premier study sim developer (IMO of course)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear... Why is it that whenever I mention the 'R word' on here (realism) people jump down my throat?!

I take back everything I said.

The F-35 will be 100% realistic.

Lockheed will declassify every aspect of the flight model, avionics and weapons systems just for us.

Come on guys... Seriously

Pull your heads out of your afterburners.

EDIT: For those of you pointing out that the F-35 exists in real life, therefore its inclusion in DCS IS realistic, you are entirely missing my point.

I am not disputing its existence or suggesting we 'nerf' the USAF for being 'OP'.

As for the person suggesting the F-35 will be a challenge to fly because you "will fly so close to SAM's that you will be within firing range when detected" - This doesn't sound like a challenge to me. It sounds like bad piloting. The F-35 has some of the most advanced radar and missile detection systems ever created and has a radar signature the size of a marble. Why would you be flying low and blind?

Edited by howie87
  • Like 2

...and you are probably right. What Is messed up is people getting all worked up over this announcement or knocking the developers capability to put out a entertaining product. It seems simple to me. If you want to take a shot at making a quality sim, hard lvl: a mostly classified A/C. Go for it, if you can convince me its worth investing in a kick starter, I will. Other wise I will wait till release and determine then. Its up to ED to decide what gets a DCS label. By my count they are 1for1 with the huey. Lets just see what it leads to

Edited by smnwrx
  • Like 1

...and you are probably right. What Is messed up is people getting all worked up over this announcement or knocking the developers capability to put out a entertaining product. It seems simple to me. If you want to take a shot at making a quality sim, hard lvl: a mostly classified A/C. Go for it, if you can convince me its worth investing in a kick starter, I will. Other wise I will wait till release and determine then. Its up to ED to decide what gets a DCS label. By my count they are 1for1 with the huey. Lets just see what it leads to

I agree. Somehow people think that they are entitled; and to some extent they are. People are entitled to their own opinion, but until proven otherwise it remains just that; an opinion. DCS: F-35A just got announced a couple of days ago, and for what we know, it could be many things. Some people, however, have convinced themselves of certain ideals that may not apply to others.

So what do we know for a fact? These are not unbiased opinions, but true, cold hard facts.

1. The F-35A is a new aircraft. So new in fact, that there are still bugs.

2. It is a fairly dynamic design at its current stage. Stuff is being changed and modified at virtually every level.

3. It can now shoot down flying things and bomb ground targets. Weapons testing continues at a rapid pace to qualify it for other munitions.

4. The gun pod works. Yay.

5. There is tons of documentation out there that can only be found by those who know where to look. A.k.a. military flight sims are all made by Jack Sparrow.

Basically everything else is an opinion.

Now for what we know about KI:

1. His team has produces simulators.

2. He has worked on integrating systems for the F-22A and B-2A.

3. His team is professional, and has proven that they can deliver a product.

4. KI has been thoroughly vetted by ED.

5. Did I forget to mention that KI has Wags' approval?

Yup, sounds about right. So if we KNOW that there is information out there, and we KNOW that ED trusts KI, then can't we just chill out for a second and wait to see what this turns into? At least stop with the baseless insults.

• Like 1

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Other Kickstarters

This is really awesome especially seeing such a highly advanced plane in the level of detail that is in most DCS games would be amazing. I'm hoping this kickstarter will lead the way for other kickstarters for third party development of even more modules and not just fighter jets or helicopters. I'd love to see someone tackle the C-130 I would pay good money for that DCS product.

I'm actually getting more and more excited about the F-35A. I don't think that it will be popular in A2A combat online, but as thousands of posters have already said; It's up to the mission designer.

It will be a blast to use it together with a tight squad though! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh dear... Why is it that whenever I mention the 'R word' on here (realism) people jump down my throat?!

I take back everything I said.

The F-35 will be 100% realistic.

Lockheed will declassify every aspect of the flight model, avionics and weapons systems just for us.

Come on guys... Seriously

Pull your heads out of your afterburners.

EDIT: For those of you pointing out that the F-35 exists in real life, therefore its inclusion in DCS IS realistic, you are entirely missing my point.

I am not disputing its existence or suggesting we 'nerf' the USAF for being 'OP'.

As for the person suggesting the F-35 will be a challenge to fly because you "will fly so close to SAM's that you will be within firing range when detected" - This doesn't sound like a challenge to me. It sounds like bad piloting. The F-35 has some of the most advanced radar and missile detection systems ever created and has a radar signature the size of a marble. Why would you be flying low and blind?

But then what's your point?!

You write and write and always put "that's not the point/I'm not disputing that".

Help me understand you...

Here's hoping other potential third party aircraft developers for DCS aren't reading the negativity displayed by some people in this thread.

We should be appreciative of any company expressing an interest in making new jets for us to fly.

ED would have shut up shop long ago if they took to heart some of the more ignorant rantings on forums. I would imagine that anybody involved in creating Flight sims know the fans can be their own worst enemy at times.

Nate

• Like 1

I suppose they could just get the data off of the Chinese ;)
:thumbup:

F-35A? Really? Well K.I. I like your Spunk!!;)

I hope your version has better success than The LocheedMartin version.

-Lockheed version

-Can't trap on Aircraft Carrier

-Can't Fly in a ThunderStorm

-Terrible 5'OClock-7'OClock Pilot vision

-Chronic internal fuel leaks

-WAAAAYYYY Over Budget

I wish you the best of luck and I Will be a KickStarter Supporter on the 21st:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

I hope your version has better success than The LocheedMartin version.

-Lockheed version

-Can't trap on Aircraft Carrier

Yes, it can.

-Can't Fly in a ThunderStorm

Most planes don't.

-Terrible 5'OClock-7'OClock Pilot vision

Actually it has excellent all around vision, more than any other fighter.

-Chronic internal fuel leaks

They replaced that pipe.

-WAAAAYYYY Over Budget

Like any high performance fighter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

But then what's your point?!

You write and write and always put "that's not the point/I'm not disputing that".

Help me understand you...

- Too many details of the F-35 are classified to make a simulation as realistic as the other DCS modules so far. (Try finding sustained/instantaneous turn and climb rate figures)

- I think they will make it as realistic as they can, with the data that's available.

- I would rather see them design a module for an aircraft with more available data.

- I do not feel it will be as challenging or rewarding to fly as non-stealth aircraft with flight models and systems based on real world parameters.

Edited by howie87
  • Like 1

- Too many details of the F-35 are classified to make a simulation as realistic as the other DCS modules so far. (Try finding sustained/instantaneous turn and climb rate figures)

- I think they will make it as realistic as they can, with the data that's available.

- I would rather see them design a module for an aircraft with more available data.

- I do not feel it will be as challenging or rewarding to fly as non-stealth aircraft with flight models and systems based on real world parameters.

THIS. Put it in FC3.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

Quick update on the F-35 project. We have moved the start of the Kickstarter back a week to give time for all of the press releases to get out on time. This will also give us time to post some of our 3D images.

Aww man. I was waiting to spend my money. Now I need to wait longer. But some 3D models will be cool!

Thanks to all, really looking forward to getting all of the founders on board. Once the kickstarter is done information on the project will only be available to our founders. We want to work with and for those guys that got a dog in the fight - we will build this together. We also want to get guys onboard with early training documentation, decisions about training and combat missions, number and names of squadrons, and we want to stand up squadrons on our servers. Once this round of funding is over - we are going into our cave, with our founders, and build the finest fighter in the DCS world.

• Like 1

Non issue. Then it won't be as accurate.

I'd like to get a F-35.

I don't see how, but OK.

THIS. Put it in FC3.

Or how about they make it a module for DCS World, which is the whole point of DCS World.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Thanks to all, really looking forward to getting all of the founders on board. Once the kickstarter is done information on the project will only be available to our founders. We want to work with and for those guys that got a dog in the fight - we will build this together. We also want to get guys onboard with early training documentation, decisions about training and combat missions, number and names of squadrons, and we want to stand up squadrons on our servers. Once this round of funding is over - we are going into our cave, with our founders, and build the finest fighter in the DCS world.

Wait. By founders you mean only people who throw money at your project get the info similar to Area 51, right?

• Like 1

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Wait. By founders you mean only people who throw money at your project get the info similar to Area 51, right?

Something, something, something, get info about AREA 51.

SOLD. :thumbup:

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"