Status update June 2015

Or the armies just want a cheap(er) trainer solution then a full-blown sim. To practice the systems, all one need is the HOTAS and a screen, that's where VEAO makes its money I guess.

Those systems would need to be fully simulated as in RL and most likely contain classified things which, obviously, can't make it into the public version of a sim.

Also, IMO, within the DCS software framework, some (classified) systems can't be made since the software isn't capable of simulating it. In those cases, VEAO will work as close as possible to the real thing trying to recreate the system.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

pman, do you confirm what neilwillis was saying, i.e. that you won't give any details about a possible military version of typhoon on DCS? e.g. why would armies be interested in a DCS simulator when they probably already have a simulator that would be incredibly better than DCS could ever be?

no worries if you can't say a word, i'm just trying to understand what the "situation" is

It all depends on what exactly you are trying to achieve with the simulator.

There are classroom based simulators for learning specific systems, and then there are full-blown flight simulators. You certainly wouldn't train systems theory using a multi million pound flight simulator when all you want to do is train people how the radar or targeting pod works. You would also not need a hugely expensive system to teach engineers how to run diagnostics on specific radio suites for example.

Were you aware that ED started the whole DCS World project as a result of their involvement with the US DoD for example? I don't know exactly what, and they of course won't be at liberty to say.

We do know that some organisations are involved in non-entertainment industry projects, and we also know that the details are not likely to be discussed here at any point, so we just have to accept that, and move on.

Guest deeplodokus

Thanks for the answers.

NeilWillis, it'd be a lot more pleasant and useful if you put that condescension aside and just be constructive. But well, "enough said."

yeah its close enough to the above really.

I am not at liberty to discuss the current training systems the RAF has or does not have only that we are able to provide facilities and simulations to them that they deem valuable to a training programme for RAF personnel.

The obvious big plus is that we can use this knowledge to make the most accurate version of these aircraft in sim that is outside of the military world.

All I will say is that if we were not able to add value there would be no military work for us to do, and the fact that there is should be enough of a clue.

Regarding specific systems we have to remember that these are live aircraft in defense of queen and country, we are not going to simulate anything that could endanger the effectiveness of these aircraft. Such devices and instruments are highly classified and will not be replicated in the public version, you will get a DCS version but it wont be true to the real thing. That is just the way with modern aircraft, if you want it in DCS you have to accept some compromises :)

Pman

Such devices and instruments are highly classified and will not be replicated in the public version, you will get a DCS version but it wont be true to the real thing. That is just the way with modern aircraft, if you want it in DCS you have to accept some compromises :)

Or become a pilot to get access to the Real Thing, what could be simpler.. :music_whistling: :D

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Regarding specific systems we have to remember that these are live aircraft in defense of queen and country, we are not going to simulate anything that could endanger the effectiveness of these aircraft. Such devices and instruments are highly classified and will not be replicated in the public version, you will get a DCS version but it wont be true to the real thing. That is just the way with modern aircraft, if you want it in DCS you have to accept some compromises :)

Pman

No worries, if it gives me that EF2000-vibe like i got 20 years ago when playing EF2000 i will be MORE then happy!

Davy 'Bad Karma' Flament.

AMD Phenom X4 965, 10Gb RAM, XFX HD7970 3gb, HOTAS Warthog.

No worries, if it gives me that EF2000-vibe like i got 20 years ago when playing EF2000 i will be MORE then happy!

Yep, first 360° cockpit view,even VFX-1 support (not that I could have afforded one). The first "clickable" MFD with map modes, "realistic" laser tracking and guidance... I loved that Sim!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yep, first 360° cockpit view,even VFX-1 support (not that I could have afforded one). The first "clickable" MFD with map modes, "realistic" laser tracking and guidance... I loved that Sim!

Yeah I loved it too, makes me feel old to think it was 20 years ago.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Will the Eurofighter feature a true to life flight model? Or will it be an SFM like for the Hawk? :(

Ells has already stated that all airframes moving forward would be the advanced model... No more SFM from VEAO.. PERIOD.

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

True to life flight model confirmed.

Yes, sir! That is awesome news

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...