Typhoon vs. FC3 fighters and F-18C

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best will be rafale vs hornet vs typhoon.

So M2000 vs su-27 vs F-15 thoses fights are more balanced for me.

Will be able to land rafale and hornet on carrier not typhoon.

I will run away if I see rafale or typhoon on radar no mattter what I fly.

Edited by dartuil

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Since the eurofighter model we will get in DCS, is the prototype mode (I think)l I doubt it's going to "be all end all" iirc the eurofighter IRL was supposed to be put into service around the same time as the F-15C. So it should be using radar/avionics similar of the time.

My guess is, F-15C vs eurofighter in BVR can go to either one of them.

And Su-27 vs eurofighter in dog fights is going to the Su-27.

Edited by IJN Nagato
  • Like 1
Since the eurofighter model we will get in DCS, is the prototype mode (I think)l I doubt it's going to "be all end all" iirc the eurofighter IRL was supposed to be put into service around the same time as the F-15C. So it should be using radar/avionics similar of the time.

Tranch 1 Block 5 IIRC .... Not the current bleeding edge Typhoon but certainly the most capable aircraft we are likely to see in DCS for a while ;)

We've yet to see the capability of DCS in terms of DASS but with advances of other aircraft I think we can do "some of that".

That being said, what you'll get in DCS is what we can achieve with the sim and what we're allowed to put into a public module.

We will likely implement a "simulation" of DASS rather than the actual functionality for public release.

We've yet to see the capability of DCS in terms of DASS but with advances of other aircraft I think we can do "some of that".

That being said, what you'll get in DCS is what we can achieve with the sim and what we're allowed to put into a public module.

We will likely implement a "simulation" of DASS rather than the actual functionality for public release.

Which is similar to the systems simulation of the A-10c and we are all more than satisfied with that module..

Thanks Ells! :thumbup:

And folks keep mentioning the Rafale.. Has someone announced they are going to code that plane? I haven't seen anything official about it...

??

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

read an intersting article a while back, I think it was in Airforces monthly. It was from the perspective of a US F-18 pilot who was on exchange flying the RAF Typhoon and he tried to compare them. It was a great read.

What struck me the most, is that he said when he lit the burners in the Typhoon for the first time, it was scarily powerful, and that is coming from a fighter pilot who is well used to having plenty of power and speed. I got the sense he was trying to defend the F-18 a little, but it came down to this. The F-18 has spectacular nose authority, he said in the right conditions, the F-18 can hold its own and get the shot off. But the Typhoon is an absolute beast of an aircraft, it can accelerate while in a 9g turn! Not much, if anything in DCS will be able to keep up with it in the hands of somebody who has actually read the manual.

Can't speak for the F-15c, but many of us have lots of hours on it, that combined with its simplified systems might allow it to hold its own until people learn how to use the Typhoon properly at least. However it goes, I'm just excited to get my hands on a jet I see regularly in the local skies, it is the closest I'm likely to ever get and I can't wait to slide that tail about.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I believe you made the post *whistle*

Pman

And while we're talking about the list: (I didn't want to complain when the list was published because it is awesome)

It also contains several errors:

"Hunter Hawker" -> the other way round :D

"Dehaviland Mosquito Mk IV" -> de Havilland with two l

"Dehaviland Mosquito Mk XVI" -> same

"Messerchmitt Me109T" -> missing an s

"Hawker Siddley FAS1 SeaHarrier" -> missing an e

EDIT: oh, and it is Aérospatiale, with an e in the end.

Maybe you had a bad day when you wrote it, or were you just excited, Ells? :D

Edited by Aginor

Eurofighter Prototype flew first time in 1994 and F-15 first flew in 1972.

My guess is that Eurofighter will rip of their heads and s**t down their necks. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Typhoon opponent from red side must be thrust vectoring mig-29 (9-47) or su-30sm (with 300km+ missles range).

But newest versions of russian planes are classified now, and impossable make it now correct in dcs.

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Do you know how difficult it was to get those towed decoys just to fly normally behind the jet! There are quite a few in the North Sea - I heard one washed up on the Isle of Man or somewhere and there was a bomb alert!

Also when bench testing or fit testing non flyable parts they paint some of the kit Orange as easily identifiable, not to fly.

For some reason the "doors" on the towed decoy dispenser were Orange when first installed and when the Aircraft (IPA1) took off the tower reported it still had not for flight kit attached and he turned around and came back.

There was a lot of commotion in our hangar and office to prove it was flight worthy kit and get the mission back up!

Typhoon opponent from red side must be thrust vectoring mig-29 (9-47) or su-30sm (with 300km+ missles range).

But newest versions of russian planes are classified now, and impossable make it now correct in dcs.

As mentioned in this thread and others, parts of the Typhoon (and the A-10C for that matter) are classified too, so I don't think that should be a big problem. As long as the developer makes a believable simulation of those classified systems, we won't know any better.

I really hope to see upgraded Su-27 and Mig-29 versions released for DCS, fighting against F-15C with slammers is bad enough, and with the F-14, F/A-18C and Typhoon being released, this is going to turn into a nasty NATO fest.

I really hope to see upgraded Su-27 and Mig-29 versions released for DCS, fighting against F-15C with slammers is bad enough, and with the F-14, F/A-18C and Typhoon being released, this is going to turn into a nasty NATO fest.

i really hope so too. i dont believe in fair fights and to hell with balance! give us the real deal. that being said, NATO is looking pretty hot with F-14, F-18, Typhoon, the classic Mirage F1, Mirage 2000.... the kind of war thats going to be bringing to the table I hope at least, like you said, we can get a believable approximate simulation of a more modern red fighter to resist the western scourge. even a dcs of the natofied mig-29s in the polish and slovak air forces (be easier for developers to get a nice look at than the russian or indian ones) id be salivating at.

but do not despair comrades. hopefully comrades in design bureau get released from gulag in time to design us new fighter. in meantime dont forget the motherland has gifted us with great slavic fighter the mig-21, let us see how eurofighter on the ground evades RN-28!

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

This Red vs Blue thing is maybe a little off topic, but the other option is always downgrading the Blue if the modern Red can't be simulated. We are getting the F-14A with the B and not the D model. I'd pay for a F-15A just as much as I would for the F-15C.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

This Red vs Blue thing is maybe a little off topic, but the other option is always downgrading the Blue if the modern Red can't be simulated. We are getting the F-14A with the B and not the D model. I'd pay for a F-15A just as much as I would for the F-15C.

i would too that, would be really cool and interesting, totally fit 80s theme F-14 is bringing. i personally find the cold war stuff much more interesting.

but with typhoon vs fc3 and f-18, there will always of course be typhoon kills but once players learn the typhoon i think its safe to say a skilled typhoon driver vs an equally talented fc3 or f-18 player, the kill ratio will most likely be in the typhoons favor -its going to be interesting to see how much that favor is though

edit: i wanted to add though, id hate to see DCS not make modern fighters like typhoon just because they cant make comparable reds. just would be nice to have something modern thats non-nato to try and fight it :)

Edited by zantron

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

Yes, I feel the same. As a mission maker I'm looking forward to the EF, balance challenges and all. My idea for creating difficult missions would be simulating the very opening days of an escalating conflict. Something like a small group of EF's are deployed to an area as a show of force, but while they are there conflict breaks out. They would need to hold their own against a larger force. The same could be applied online, but the Red side might still have some unlucky pilots that takeoff only to eat Meteors.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Yes, I feel the same. As a mission maker I'm looking forward to the EF, balance challenges and all. My idea for creating difficult missions would be simulating the very opening days of an escalating conflict. Something like a small group of EF's are deployed to an area as a show of force, but while they are there conflict breaks out. They would need to hold their own against a larger force. The same could be applied online, but the Red side might still have some unlucky pilots that takeoff only to eat Meteors.

Luckily for them, there won't be any Meteors. As far as I'm aware, the Block 5 doesn't carry them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

edit: i wanted to add though, id hate to see DCS not make modern fighters like typhoon just because they cant make comparable reds. just would be nice to have something modern thats non-nato to try and fight it :)

Agreed. I really look forwards to the EF2000, it's one of the few planes VEAO is making that interests me, but I also want a red plane to go along with it. All the devs, ED included, seem to have gone a little nuts on the NATO side of things. There are Russian/Chinese planes that are competitive with the EF2000 but no one seems interested in making them for DCS at this time.:( I really don't think our 1980's MiG-29's and Su-27's are going to fair well against it.