DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

Just a question for mods:

- the only official info are those stated in the first post (or newsletters AFAIK)

- every question asked about DCS 2.0 is replied with "the only official word is in the first post"

- every request for updates is inhibited

- NO official (or un-official for that matter) response from the team ever came in this thread

I wonder what the purpose of this thread is.

Wouldn't be better simply to comment with a thread the single piece of info/video/whatever when they are officially published instead of a huge post filled with nothing?

And maybe let this thread be as info-only with the first post and nothing else.

This, or some rules must be changed. At least some official response or insight every now and then, otherwise this thread is simply put useless IMHO.

Just my 2 cents

I agreed with you. There is no official answers to the community questions.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Nice :) ED's most important project DCSW2 is in the useless Chit-Chat section :megalol:

Bravo :doh:

but here you are chit chatting :P

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just a question for mods:

- the only official info are those stated in the first post (or newsletters AFAIK)

- every question asked about DCS 2.0 is replied with "the only official word is in the first post"

- every request for updates is inhibited

- NO official (or un-official for that matter) response from the team ever came in this thread

I wonder what the purpose of this thread is.

Wouldn't be better simply to comment with a thread the single piece of info/video/whatever when they are officially published instead of a huge post filled with nothing?

And maybe let this thread be as info-only with the first post and nothing else.

This, or some rules must be changed. At least some official response or insight every now and then, otherwise this thread is simply put useless IMHO.

Just my 2 cents

+ 1 .

Nice :) ED's most important project DCSW2 is in the useless Chit-Chat section :megalol:

Is that not the case here considering it has no input from ED since the first page?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

The bit I don't get is why there is no news about DCS 2 or the NTTR map. I mean, if it going to be released before June why are we hearing nothing about it? I thought we would be seeing screen shots, lots of videos and more and more information.

The bit I don't get is why there is no news about DCS 2 or the NTTR map. I mean, if it going to be released before June why are we hearing nothing about it? I thought we would be seeing screen shots, lots of videos and more and more information.

What I have noticed in myself and others is when we see the screenshots and videos the excitement quickly turns to disappointment and frustration when we realize that we have to wait an unknown period of time to actually experience it. For me this has also diminished my ability to continue to enjoy DCS World as it is now. I think we would all have been happier if we didn't even know that DCS2 was coming. Reminds me of an old saying....."be careful what you ask for, you just might get it":book:

• ED Team

When half the discussion goes off the rails, yes... this thread is best suited for the Chit Chat section.

So lets stay on topic, if you have questions about DCS 2. Ask them. I will be honest, Wags reads this all the time, but as with us moderators, we spend more time deleting "any updates?" or smart ass "it will deliver in 2024" comments.

So if you guys want more info, its in your best interest to keep this clean.

That said. If you guys cant follow the forum rules for maintaining the topic, or cant be bothered to see if your question WAS answered in the first post. The yes, you will get moderated, you may end up with warnings.

So again I stress, ask questions, make comments on new updates. I will do my best to get answers if I can. But help me help you.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I'm starting to feel like this thread might have something to do with it. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

When DCS2/NTTR is released ( May?) it will be an alpha version...so what is the estimation on the beta and then final released version? Note I say estimation. Has it been 4 years in development? Will this version be compatible with Win 10 and DX12? What versions of Win is DCS2 targeted at?

• ED Team
When DCS2/NTTR is released ( May?) it will be an alpha version...so what is the estimation on the beta and then final released version? Note I say estimation. Has it been 4 years in development? Will this version be compatible with Win 10 and DX12? What versions of Win is DCS2 targeted at?

There is no way to know how long it will take. There are so many configurations out there, you just never know what is going to come up.

The idea of NTTR has been around 4 years, but what we will be getting has not. It grew from a map project to what we are seeing now.

EDGE/DCS 2 is Dx11, I think some people are currently running Win 10 with no issues.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

we dont know how optimized it is, etc.

Of course we don't. But a taster gets released it gets discussed TOO, just the way it is.

Everyone understands it's still WIP. Regardless, it sure has been a long time coming already, so you just can't prevent folks speculating about it. Just natural IMO ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• ED Team
Of course we don't. But a taster gets released it gets discussed TOO, just the way it is.

Everyone understands it's still WIP. Regardless, it sure has been a long time coming already, so you just can't prevent folks speculating about it. Just natural IMO ;)

Speculating is one thing, passing judgement on a video, which when released is probably a few version old in development time, its just pointless...

64Sig.png

I'm starting to feel like this thread might have something to do with it. ;)
I'm starting to feel like you're being a tad sarcastic there.

Anyway, I do second the poster up there; if the release is approaching, we either should hear more about it - or if we don't, something's gone FUBAR. Hoping for the former (and improved PR) myself though ;)

Edited by msalama

its just pointless

True, but folks being excited about something are also judgemental, for better or worse. That said, I personally try not to judge anything before I've got something TANGIBLE to judge...

EDGE will bring DCS in a new dimension!!

Lets wait for it I think the wait will be worth.

News engine , news graphics and that will bring many new Fighters. :)

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I think it's been brought up, but I also wonder what new advances just with the whole simulation aspect of dcs 2.0 will be? Ya the graphic fidelity will be epic, but I'm hoping some ballistics modeling gets enhanced along with armor values and abilities to disable vehicles not just destroy. I'm no computer programmer I shoot guns for a living but I imagine with the offload of processes from the processor to the gpu/s that would open up more room for simulation fidelity I wonder...

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

I think rcjonessnp175 talk about of a some type of advanced damage model to vehicles /tanks based on armour capability / type / angle, and vehicle model damage and / or internal destroyable systems. Not only a "hit box" with can be hit by weapons repeatable, and with them reach to zero damage by your "life bar" automatically exploded or be destroyed. A tank can continue battle meanwhile your crew has alive, and some weapon system has operative and has a minimum combat capability meanwhile your engine / tracks / transmission will be damaged / destroyed.

I have other question about ballistic, actual DCS: W has "unable" to build or operate nothing superior in type of 20/30 mm anti-aircraft cannon type (I tested them using 57 / 100 / 130 / 155 mm ships cannons, all capable with gun directors vs missiles and / or aircraft's and helicopters and nothing was capable of hit a stationary helo over the terrain).

If WW2 will be the "correct" axis and allied AAA weapons, has ED plans to make updates into DCS: W engine to enable features to appropriate use and logic based on WW2 Anti-Aircraft big guns and associate system (radar and optical range-fingers field directors and time / proximity fuzes)?

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Ya, terminal ballistics aka better damage modeling on the things we kill. Our aircraft is great, so I guess the question would be is CA getting a major damage modeling update? Also a side bit the gau 8 ballistic spread is to great currently. It wasn't always like this.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.