Position Lights and Recognition lights

TwoLate

I read something about trenches guys shooting everything inflight so recognition lights were used to show a daily code to them. But no idea.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Well further searching I came up with position lights are for night use.

yeah :) I don't want to sound sarcastic here but lights are usually used for night time... :D

I think it's a kind of close range IFF, you have multiple settings allowing you to recognize friendlies.

This thread has some interesting information about recognition lights.

For example: Quoted from Observer1940:"The rules in August 1940 did not allow British aircraft to fly over the UK displaying navigation or identification lights continuously above 2,000 feet and more than 5 miles from their aerodrome. There was also a height restriction anyway for RAF operational bombers of 5,000 feet, raised to 6,000 feet, after two RAF Whitley crashes on 15th August 1940, at RAF Balloon Barrages. Rules were laid down in S.D. 158. (Secret Document 158 ).

However, if an RAF aircraft wished to force land at night in the UK, the aircraft would circle the aerodrome / location and show his identification lights 'colour of day' (usually two colours), or/and navigation lights (some were seen showing two reds - Distress) to the ground and could also signal by Aldis Lamp and flash the 'letter of the period'. A.P. 129 RAF Flying Training Manual - Landplanes in the Appendix at the back under - Night Flying."

• Like 1

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

yeah :) I don't want to sound sarcastic here but lights are usually used for night time... :D

I think it's a kind of close range IFF, you have multiple settings allowing you to recognize friendlies.

No sarcasm taken. :doh:

Yes thanks for the replies. I just did not know if they used position lights for taxiing or landing in day time.

Kelevra do you play Battlefield 4? I am with the Kelevra clan in Battlefield 4.

Kelevra_TwoLate in PC format.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]