Low FPS aftter DCS update 1.2.16

Hello everybody. This is my first post in here so i m sory for my possible mistake if i posted my threat in wrong place.

My hardware system consist of Asus GTX760, i5 intel CPU and 8gb ram. I have been flying with A10c warthog at ultra high setting (mirror and others are on) for one years without any fps problem. But after this update, i am getting maximum 20 fps and even 10 fps if i turn on the targetting pod.

Are there anybody faced with this problem and could you help me that how can i solve this issue ?

Thank you in advance

1. There is No Ultra High

2. Make sure nVidia Control Panel isnt setup for "multiple display mode"

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Are there any way to return previous patch

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Sounds, like you tweaked the configuration/installed a mod.

"High" is the usual maximum.

"Ultrahigh.lua" was part of a tweak to enhance detail especially distance, e.g. show buildings if towns in the distance... That has an impact on frames.

That spontaneous loss of frames after the update sounds like you hit Graphic card vRAM limits, as DCS can use up to 2.6 GB vRAM easily especially when using modded textures and object mod packs (ranger79s mod pack for example)

Also flying over/near a large town, which has a lot of objects hits the FPS consiserably.

The mirrors especially put quite a stress on the FPS when rendering the town or an airport behind you. Given your specs I would recommend to deactivate them anyway.

The reversion to a previous version should "wipe" most mods, anyway.

You may also try to repair the updated version. Start menu - Eagle Dynamics - DCS World/ DCS repair

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I turned back both the driver version of graphic card and DCS update version (1.2.14). But nothing changhed. Problem still remain but I applied some steps in the following link http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=107551 and I'm getting min. 35 fps now without mirror and some other feature.

shagrat thank you very much your response but i did not made any change in mods, I'm playing with original mod.

A few weeks later, I will format my PC. So maybe everything turn back :)

OK. Was just an idea, as "ultra high" is a setting from a mod by PeterP IIRC.

So that at least is ruled out.

How much vRAM does the GTX760 have? 2GB?

You may want to run something like GPUz, set the monitoring to show Max values and fly a session where the frames drop.

You can check then, how much vRAM is used.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Maybe, simply your GFX card is dirty and builts up heat. Wouldnt eb the first one to clock down due to dust covering everything...

Have a look, it might be only that.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Having just updated too. I have noticed that my frames have dropped significantly. I used to be pegged at 60 FPS and now that I've updated the performance regularly drops to below 40 FPS and lower when comeng into land. Glad this thread was started as I was about to kick one off myself.

my 2c

You re right, my card have 2GB vram capacity. There is a program which name is GPU Tweak and i can change some setting via this program, something like overclock but i have not enough experience for that. I am monitoring fps while flying and especialy in area which consist of trees , fps are droping as much 15fps.

You can try lowering the Tree slider and especially bushes and grass (the one above the tree slider).

Start by setting minimum for both, if that doesn't improve FPS then it's something else.

If FPS improve try to raise trees to a good level first, then ground clutter to maybe 300...

Tweaking or over clocking won't help much if the vRAM is the problem,you can only reduce texture/object load.

I recommend downloading GPUz (a simple exe runs without installation). Run it before starting DCS, go to the log tab and right click on the RAM/Memory>select "max".

Launch DCS fly a mission and take care you get the low FPS now either alt+tab to GPUz or exit DCS and check the Maximum of RAM used on the graphics card. If that is 2GB or worse, you definitely need to lower the settings. Good candidates are heat blur (off), water(medium or maybe low), TSSA (off) and lowering MSSA to 2x or off. By the way values above 4x don't really improve the visuals.

Shagrat

A friend have the same problem and he found that an ALT+TAB solve the problem.

The GPU freqs drops without reasons in few seconds.

ALT+TAB restore freqs.

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

Hello everyone,

FPS drop occurs time to time after updates. I have no idea what are they changing but it happens.I get really low fps in one update, good one in another.

My suggestion is do not bother with overclocking or buying new hardware, be patient and wait for the next release.

Cheers

Hello everyone,

FPS drop occurs time to time after updates. I have no idea what are they changing but it happens.I get really low fps in one update, good one in another.

My suggestion is do not bother with overclocking or buying new hardware, be patient and wait for the next release.

Cheers

I wouldn't count on dcs 2.0 not needing a high cpu overclock. If anything I would expect it to be the same as what we have now to be on safe side.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

If it goes as planned, it should shift sime load from the CPU for graphics to the GPU and with the engine not keeping all the map andobjects in memory that should be a relieve for the CPU... Question is how much of the gain is then used by the new stunning graphics and environment.

From some hints from ED testers it seems performance gain is not too bad.

Shagrat

I wouldn't count on dcs 2.0 not needing a high cpu overclock. If anything I would expect it to be the same as what we have now to be on safe side.

I wasn't mentioning DCS 2.0. I was talking about whatever it will be the next small update ie.1.2.17..Every small update gives me different performance. I should've mention it as small update.

I'm expecting but not expecting that much from EDGE.Especially in alpha state..

You can try lowering the Tree slider and especially bushes and grass (the one above the tree slider).

Start by setting minimum for both, if that doesn't improve FPS then it's something else.

If FPS improve try to raise trees to a good level first, then ground clutter to maybe 300...

Tweaking or over clocking won't help much if the vRAM is the problem,you can only reduce texture/object load.

I recommend downloading GPUz (a simple exe runs without installation). Run it before starting DCS, go to the log tab and right click on the RAM/Memory>select "max".

Launch DCS fly a mission and take care you get the low FPS now either alt+tab to GPUz or exit DCS and check the Maximum of RAM used on the graphics card. If that is 2GB or worse, you definitely need to lower the settings. Good candidates are heat blur (off), water(medium or maybe low), TSSA (off) and lowering MSSA to 2x or off. By the way values above 4x don't really improve the visuals.

Hello shagrat,

I tried your advise and installed GPUz. I applied two different approaches. At first, I maximized the settings as indicated on Pic_2. At this setting, minimum fps is around 10 FPS with mirror is on. Secondly, I decrease clutter and tree visibility as indicated on Pic_1 and got min 25 FPS.

GPUz gAVE 1607 MB memory for first approach and 1637 MB for second. It is interesting that, GPU usege is much more with low setting (Pic_2) than high setting (Pic_1). On the other hand my GPU has 2GB vRAM capacity but it is not use all of them. May be a problem about GPU?

Pic_1.thumb.jpg.6047673c85459a83bb3b884ca022b919.jpg

Pic_2.thumb.png.ccbc4ca22253ac889189ee6c70517160.png

No, thats OK. 1.6GB is fine, if it would peak near or beyond 2GB would be an indication...

Try deactiting vsync please! Vsync enforces a division by 2 if below the target value so 58 gives 30, 28 will be 15 fps etc.

Shagrat

No, thats OK. 1.6GB is fine, if it would peak near or beyond 2GB would be an indication...

Try deactiting vsync please! Vsync enforces a division by 2 if below the target value so 58 gives 30, 28 will be 15 fps etc.

Vsync does not unless you have adaptive vsync selected in for example nvidia control panel. Atleast that's how it works on my 980's.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Hello shagrat,

I tried your advise and installed GPUz. I applied two different approaches. At first, I maximized the settings as indicated on Pic_2. At this setting, minimum fps is around 10 FPS with mirror is on. Secondly, I decrease clutter and tree visibility as indicated on Pic_1 and got min 25 FPS.

GPUz gAVE 1607 MB memory for first approach and 1637 MB for second. It is interesting that, GPU usege is much more with low setting (Pic_2) than high setting (Pic_1). On the other hand my GPU has 2GB vRAM capacity but it is not use all of them. May be a problem about GPU?

Hate to say it but it's just the way it is with this current engine. Gpu usage will drop especially when using vsync. I run 3dvision and my avg gpu usage is 50 60 mark unless it's cloudy or cockpit lights are on. Realize I use vsync at 60 for my system. Not adaptive. When the processor gets loaded up in this sim the gpu usage will also drop.

Hate to say it but it's just the way it is with this current engine. Gpu usage will drop especially when using vsync. I run 3dvision and my avg gpu usage is 50 60 mark unless it's cloudy or cockpit lights are on. Realize I use vsync at 60 for my system. Not adaptive. When the processor gets loaded up in this sim the gpu usage will also drop.

I closed vsync from nvdia control panel but actually it didn't make big difference on FPS, only a few fps. However tree visibilty and bushes made a huge difference around 15-20 FPS.

Anyway, at around 20-25 fps is playable for me now with high setting except some reduced adjustment.

But I know that updates either DCS or NVDIA have caused FPS drops for me. I'm sure that I was playing with max setting witout any problem one month ago.

I thanks everyone for your advises.

:)