Would like an LN slot and customViewPoint that is Driver only

vicx

Weapons Mode - AI driver, human gunner

Sometimes it would be useful to be able to have the AI drive and you just operate the turrets. Well this is already in the engine. When you engage Group Control Mode the vehicle navigates waypoints automatically. This is cool. I like it and that's why I want the same thing but swapped around.

Drive Mode - human driver, AI gunner

I just want to drive the vehicle and have the AI operate the weapons. I only want my inputs to control the throttle controller and the wheel controller - and maybe give the AI some executive commands. Let the AI do the shooting. If the AI needs me to stop for a firing solution - he can ask - like a wingman.

Get Some Mode - Human #1 driver, Human #2 gunner

Well this is inevitable. :) but I'm not asking for this today.

Weapons Mode - AI driver, human gunner

Sometimes it would be useful to be able to have the AI drive and you just operate the turrets. Well this is already in the engine. When you engage Group Control Mode the vehicle navigates waypoints automatically. This is cool. I like it and that's why I want the same thing but swapped around.

Drive Mode - human driver, AI gunner

I just want to drive the vehicle and have the AI operate the weapons. I only want my inputs to control the throttle controller and the wheel controller - and maybe give the AI some executive commands. Let the AI do the shooting. If the AI needs me to stop for a firing solution - he can ask - like a wingman.

Get Some Mode - Human #1 driver, Human #2 gunner

Well this is inevitable. :) but I'm not asking for this today.

I have taken part in multi crew training and I have to say its great fun

We had a driver commander and gunner the lag was not to bad

There was about ten of us in all. in a platoon of leo-2's

IMO, its the best way to learn if your staring off with Armoured simulations

• 3 weeks later...

Yay. GT.driverViewPoint and Toggle Driver/Gunner role. Thanks ED. :thumbup:

I love the driver view - even with some of the clunky models it is still really COOL.

So how about letting the AI act as the gunner while I drive? Can I switch that on via LUA?

GT.user mode gunner AI = true

In the next beta?