Video Corruption and Related Card Issues

Tulkas

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we are OT with that, in any case I really dont' know, try to update directx and video drv. I suggest you to check in some mafia2 related forum, it might be a known issue.

Sorry for the OT

I´ve just mentioned Mafia2 as an examle of how mysterious errors in game can be. I expect errors coming up when I turn something on instead of turning it off :D

I´ve reported a black flickering of buildings on the edge of visibilty earlier. I can report by now that this only happens when Visibility is set to low both other settings are working fine except some strange black half transparent lines sometimes in the sky.

Settings:

Amd64 *2 6000+ 3,2 ghz

4830 ATI

4Gb Ram

Win7 64bit

Catalyst 10.9 64

32bit a10 executable

TrackIR4 with 5er software

In game Settings:

Res-1920*1080

Texture- High

Scenery- High

Heatblur- off

Civil-off

Water-low

Visibility-medium

Cockpitinstruments- 512

Mirrors-on

HDR- off

MSAA- 16x

Grass distance- 250m

Catalyst settings

All application set

Mipmapquality - 2snd from the right

AI-off

Testscenario was Russian lakes- Hard instant mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Shadows in hangers

Minor issue, but I'd like to post it anyway.

Hardened Aircraft Shelters are not blocking lights. This screen shot was taken at 06:00 and the sun comes straight through the side of the shelter and casts the aircraft shadow on the inside wall.

I reduced all setting to the absolute minimum and the issue still remains.

No Shadows

ScreenShot_000.jpg

Medium or Full Shadows

ScreenShot_009.jpg

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Take a Look

I suffered some wing damage, even thought the skin on the wing is gone you can still see the bullet holes. My computer info is in my sig.

ScreenShot_000.thumb.jpg.2b72caa5e6214f74ca36cb9b8d1de5b3.jpg

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Hello All

Issue : Texture transparency (cockpit & F2) + Texture Z-order incorrect (cockpit) whenever I try to :

- set textures to High

- set HDR to ON

(any of this settings causes the issue. 100% reproductibility so far. If textures on middle & HDR to OFF = no issue)

To better visualize the issue => please take a look to attached screenies.

I don't know if it's an actual bug, or if I ask "too much" to my config (which appears to be near to minimum requirements). General performance is poor (5-20 FPS), but setting "all to low/OFF" or "all to medium" or "all to high" (except the current issue) doesn't seem to make a real difference in terms of FPS. I know it's a beta, I'm not complaining, I just write it in case it could be related with the mentionned issue ;)

Additionnal infos :

- Sims crashed (dcs.exe) each time I press the "quit" button. Haven't got time to investigate that for the moment, so I just write it in case it could be related.

- Other settings don't seem to affect the sim. Settings tested OK so far are :

-- Textures Low / Medium

-- Scenes medium

-- Civ Traffic Off

-- Water Low / Medium / High

-- Visib Range Medium

-- Heat Blur On / Off

-- Shadows Low / High

-- Res 1680x1050 / Aspect 16:10 / 1 Screen

-- Cockpit displays 512

-- MSAA OFF / 4x

PC specs :

C2D E6600 @ 2.40Ghz

2GB RAM

nVidia 7950GT @ 512 MB

2x 320GB HDDs (Windows on disk #1, DCSW on disk #2)

Win XP Pro SP3

DX updated (july 2010)

Video card drivers updated (258.96)

Haven't tested/checked C++ (there) so far (will do if needed) but never got a C++ related error / crash.

For details, please see attached Dxdiag

Cheers

Az'

ScreenShot_000.thumb.jpg.0b6080c25f073d708acd5ce566c08b49.jpg

ScreenShot_011.thumb.jpg.6954c382ec559571dd0347c036d04781.jpg

DxDiag.txt

spacer.png

I´ve just mentioned Mafia2 as an examle of how mysterious errors in game can be. I expect errors coming up when I turn something on instead of turning it off :D

I´ve reported a black flickering of buildings on the edge of visibilty earlier. I can report by now that this only happens when Visibility is set to low both other settings are working fine except some strange black half transparent lines sometimes in the sky.

Settings:

Amd64 *2 6000+ 3,2 ghz

4830 ATI

4Gb Ram

Win7 64bit

Catalyst 10.9 64

32bit a10 executable

TrackIR4 with 5er software

In game Settings:

Res-1920*1080

Texture- High

Scenery- High

Heatblur- off

Civil-off

Water-low

Visibility-medium

Cockpitinstruments- 512

Mirrors-on

HDR- off

MSAA- 16x

Grass distance- 250m

Catalyst settings

All application set

Mipmapquality - 2snd from the right

AI-off

Testscenario was Russian lakes- Hard instant mission.

Hello, which kind of FPS and performance in general you get with such config and otpion settings?

System: i5 10600k @4.80Ghz - MSI Z490 Tomahawk- MSI GTX 1080ti 11Gb, 32 Gb Ram Corsair Vengaence PC-ddr4 3200 MHz - LG 32” 1440p - Saitek X52 + CH Pro Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Win10 Pro-64bit :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I don't know if this issue was resolved after i posted my original message but i managed to fix my issue :

some of the cockpit textures are very detailed and some of them are really blurry when textures are set to High. This with an ATI HD5830 card.

=> fixed it by setting the mipmap detail slider in the CCC to high. It was set to performance and thats what caused it. Some ppl on simHQ had the same issue.

Mmmmm...

Seems I got a new one :

screenshot010n.jpg

Pretty hard to take, though...

I was trying to improve graphics (all was set to low or off...)

So everytime I turn MSAA on, whatever the setting, it happens. It's not permanent, it is visible only when I turn the camera and look around... during the movement, I mean... And I think the center of the circle is the sun, but I'm not sure and it's pretty hard to verify it...

So here's my config :

Intel E8400 @Stock

2x HD4850 crossfired

4 Gb memory

Windows 7 64bits

Settings :

Textures High

Scenes High

Civ Traffic Low

Water Low

Visible Range Low

Heat Blur On

Shadows Low

Resolution 1680*1050

Aspect 16:10

Monitors 1 Screen

Res. Of Cockpit Displays 1024

MSAA : the point...

Clutter/Grass 300m

Full Screen

HDR

TSSAA

So what do you think ? ;)

I have the same Bug.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23343&d=1287334656

attachment.php?attachmentid=23344&d=1287335450

Like you, it disappears without the MSAA, but for me there is no bug for MSAA = 2*

For MSAA = 4* or 8*, I have this bug. It must be a problem with the sun (that's what I think too)

Intel E5200 (2.5Ghz Dual Core, not overclocked), 1*HD 4890, 4GB of RAM, Windows 7 64 bit.

Direc X9C Up to date, the same for my graphic drivers.

My settings :

Textures : High

Scenes : High

CIV Traffic : OFF

Water : Medium

Heat Blur : ON

Shadows : Medium

Resolution : 1280*1024

Aspect : 5:4

Monitors : 1 screen

Res Of Cokpit displays : 512

Full Screen On

HDR On

MSAA Off = no problem, 2*=no problem for me, 4* and 8* : bug

I'll give you an example of mission where this bug appears for me : Shooting Gallery, at the beginning, look on the right.

I must say that I don't have this bug every time, but quite often : It must depend of the angle between the Sun and the view. (That's what I think). In some missions, I can play normally. It depends....

If you need more informations about my config, you can send me a PM , there are so many messages in this topic !

Edited by greg765

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

in the CCC turn your catalyst AI down to off or disabled. I don't know of any games or sims that can use this ability.

It causes nothing but video corruption in a lot of games.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I am having the same issues as these other people.

When I load up the nevada map on high textures the screen just flickers between the load screen and the cockpit. Medium textures and down work though. Or I see part of a sectional map over the cockpit.

I am able to use high textures on the russia map though.

Just updated video card drivers and still getting issues. Otherwise game runs smooth as glass.

Specs:

Win XP home

Amd 7750 dual 2.7 ghz

3.50 gb - RAM

Nvidia 8800 GTS 512

(I know my specs aren't great, but it makes no sense for it to run so well in russia but not in nevada)

I have the same Bug.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23343&d=1287334656

attachment.php?attachmentid=23344&d=1287335450

Like you, it disappears without the MSAA, but for me there is no bug for MSAA = 2*

For MSAA = 4* or 8*, I have this bug. It must be a problem with the sun (that's what I think too)

Intel E5200 (2.5Ghz Dual Core, not overclocked), 1*HD 4890, 4GB of RAM, Windows 7 64 bit.

Direc X9C Up to date, the same for my graphic drivers.

My settings :

Water : Medium

Shadows : Medium

Resolution : 1280*1024

Aspect : 5:4

Full Screen On

HDR On

MSAA Off = no problem, 2*=no problem for me, 4* and 8* : bug

I'll give you an example of mission where this bug appears for me : Shooting Gallery, at the beginning, look on the right.

I must say that I don't have this bug every time, but quite often : It must depend of the angle between the Sun and the view. (That's what I think). In some missions, I can play normally. It depends....

If you need more informations about my config, you can send me a PM , there are so many messages in this topic !

Had the exact same problem.

As i found out this is caused by HDR + AA Filter "Edge-detect"!

My settings :

Water : High

Visib Range: High

Shadows : Low

Resolution : 1680*1050

Aspect : 16:10

Full Screen: Off

HDR: On

TSSAA: On

MSAA: 4x (will try different settings when i find time to)

AA filter:

"Box" = OK

"Narrow-tent" = OK

"Wide-tent" = OK

"Edge-detect" = BUG

System:

Asus P5Q-E

Intel Q9450

8gig Corsair DDR2 800

Ati HD 4870 1gig

Win-7 64bit

Edited by Sturmwiesel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.

If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.

If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

I also have the same problem with HDR=ON.

Flying low altitude on water cause screen flashes when the sun is on the corner of the screen.

After some random time, all objects textures disappear, sky becomes 255 blue colour (like bsod colour). If I press ESC to exit the mission, the textures are gone (only water and ground texture survive the bug).

Whatever other settings I choose (In ati CC or game settings) with HDR=OFF will make no problem.

My settings :

Scenes : Med

Water : LOW

Visib Range: High

Shadows : MED

Resolution : 1600*900

Aspect : 16:9

Res Of Cokpit displays : 1024

Full Screen: Off

HDR: On

TSSAA: Off

MSAA: 4x

System:

Asus P5K-E

Intel E6850

4gig Corsair DDR2 800

Ati HD 5870 1gig

WinXP 32bits

Lastests Ati drivers and dx9 from June 2010.

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

• 3 months later...

My settings :

[ --cut-- ]

Interestingly, I've run into this "black hole around the sun" -problem, too. Got a cheap 2ndhand side monitor and tested multimonitor setups when it occurred. Just to check, I attach a screenshot of the thing (ignore the panels, it's the black circle partially overlapping the top part of image).

I did some poking around and here are the conditions when I get it:

- main camera display size is less than the desktop resolution (in the screenshot it's just a few pixels smaller), and

- HDR on

When testing, on my system the black HDR circle on sun does NOT depend on the following factors:

-fullscreen on/off

-AA, AF, or any other NVIDIA display adapter aliasing or texturing settings that i could find

-MSAA or TSSAA in-game settings

-texture level, visib. range, shadows setting, cockpit display resolution, scenes setting, heat blur setting, aspect ratio

-AA gamma correction, AA transparency setting, extension limit, anisotropic sample optimization, triple buffering, vsync

-desktop resolution or size

-whether multiple monitors are actually used or not

-overclocking settings

Nvidia driver does not give (or I haven't found) "edge-detection" option.

Just as long as I've got HDR on and main camera display has less pixels than the total viewport of the game I always seem to have this black hole effect.

In addition, I'll post another Fraps screenshot of the "noise" I have on the screen in the area which is not covered by the main camera. The HDR effect "leaks" from there, maybe that's got something to do with the problem.

The random color noise varies each time but is always there unless it is covered by the active graphics (view camera/mfcd), with or without the HDR effects.

Annoying if I want to set up the MFCD's on the small side screen...

System:

Win XP 32bit, Nvidia drivers v266.58, DCS A10C beta4 fresh inst.

Intel Q9550, ASUS P5Q deluxe, Audigy 4 sound, EVGA GeForce GTX460

dxdiag attached

Edited by RedX

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home