F-86F Sabre Skins - Combined Threads

drPhibes

Hi,

a first version of the German Sabre can be downloaded here.

The above link is mal-formatted; here's the correct one: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/87ia7yk006ui317/AACf_GImDzVBFLbmS_CyMDzqa

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, All the New Livery Threads Merged into a Single one, to make them easier to find.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Frecce Tricolori 1961

FT1961.jpg

The “Frecce Tricolori” (Three-Colored Arrows) aerobatic display team was created on 1 March 1961, as part of the 313th aerobatic training group (313° Gruppo Addestramento Acrobatico) in Rivolto air base. Initially the team used Canadair-built CL-13 Sabre Mk.4 (F-86E) aircraft.

Skins created from scratch using SkateZilla's temporary template available on the ED forums.

Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7qfnfLFuvhBWld4djhkMUd6UFE/edit?usp=sharing

DCS Files Link: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/779933/

To install extract folders into C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\F-86\Liveries\F-86F Sabre

If you do not have any of these folders please create them.

Enjoy!

Julian "SkyHawk" Tirazona

Edited by skyhawkmlt
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The Huff" any interest?

Thanks to SkateZilla's template and empty.dds I have now completed one of the most famous F-86's "The Huff". Not uploaded as yet, probably tomorrow.

I have made a number of alterations to the stripes most notably increasing the width of the wing ID stripes which were far too narrow.

The check tail was an interesting learning experience.

Anyway let me know if you are interested in it.

Screen_140821_212339_zps6b1a6f7a.jpg

Screen_140821_212447_zps4ee9f1ec.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great. Yes, please.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Very nice work. Am interested.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

Thanks to SkateZilla's template and empty.dds I have now completed one of the most famous F-86's "The Huff". Not uploaded as yet, probably tomorrow.

I have made a number of alterations to the stripes most notably increasing the width of the wing ID stripes which were far too narrow.

So. Much. Yes. Totally interested.

Wow!!...........what a treat,at last,an American F-86F,and what a beauty,these checker tailed 51st skins really look like an F-86 should,and I've got a cracking wallpaper for my pc,thank you very much :thumbup:

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

main_spec layer problem

A little help please?

I'm trying to use the main_spec layer but it leaves a vacant rectangle over the areas that would have contained the default serials/bort numbers.

I have created liveries without this layer without issue I would just like to use this layer as it gives a nice gloss to the finish.

I have examined the .dds hoping there would be an easy fix but to no avail.

any ideas anyone?

Specissue_zpsc0c41cfb.jpg

Sorry BoNidle I can't help you on that issue.

But I do have a couple of small asks,see my pic,the ringed fin should be red,and would it be at all possible to move the '897' number above slightly back towards the last white vertical line you have put there,this would then allow for a slightly longer dash to be created between the FU and the 897.

Outside of these little tweaks I can't fault you it's a real beauty mate.

Please only regard this as help,this is in no way a crititicism,just my observations after studying the F-86F :thumbup:

Specissue_zpsc0c41cfb.jpg

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

A little help please?

I'm trying to use the main_spec layer but it leaves a vacant rectangle over the areas that would have contained the default serials/bort numbers.

I have created liveries without this layer without issue I would just like to use this layer as it gives a nice gloss to the finish.

I have examined the .dds hoping there would be an easy fix but to no avail.

any ideas anyone?

Hi,

if you want to use your own spec-file, you have to add it to the numbers.

e.g.

{"F86_BORT NUMBER_01", 2,"The_Huff_spec", false}, --Bort Number Spec

Or I am wrong and you mean this part.

part.jpg

Edited by upuaut

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

Thanks guys. I always welcome constructive criticism Basco1, its the only way you learn.

The dash should have been done prior to releasing it, I had seen it but forgot. that will be fixed. The red pipe is on my to do list too.

Thanks for the info Upuaut, Like your tulip nosed F-86's. (JG2?) Very cool.

(JG2?) Very cool.

JG 71.

JG2 was in world war II, but both had/have the name "Richthofen".

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Any one can sheer with me Canadian psd file so i can make israeli one?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Screen_140821_212339_zps6b1a6f7a.jpg

Screen_140821_212447_zps4ee9f1ec.jpg

This is truly a beauty,any chance we could have a generic 51st Fighter Wing skin Bo?.....loved the generic 4th Fighter Wing one you did.:thumbup:

i can send u some myster photos and mark for saber IDF skin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

i can send u some myster photos and mark for saber IDF skin

Something like this?

dcs2014-08-2416-58-46-17_zps1c85c42b.jpg~original

dcs2014-08-2416-59-52-65_zps8c5620b2.jpg~original

Still have to add numbers, serials known to exist were 6030 to 6037 inclusive on the eight airframes built out of 24 ordered, I've only seen 6036 and 6033 in photos. Also unsure if the underside colour remained as PRU Blue or if it was a light grey (photos I've seen are black and white).

Edited by jocko417

In the 1950s, in addition to the nine Air Defense Command CF-100 all-weather interceptor squadrons, Canada kept six reserve squadrons of Sabres and based them near the major cities of Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. 400 and 411 squadrons were based at Downsview, just north of Toronto... well, back then it was north of Toronto. Today Downsview is surrounded by Toronto! :)

Sabre 23207 of No. 411 "County of York" Fighter Squadron, RCAF Auxiliary. Based at RCAF Station Downsview, Ontario, Canada, circa 1957.

411_1_zps12410570.jpg~original

411_2_zpsa40fb8e9.jpg~original

Awaiting approval.