Capt_Zeen_KA50 HELIOS PROFILE V1.01 NIGHT OPERATIONS

Nothin? :cry:

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I wish I can help you Fakum, but assuming you installed the way it should Capt Zeen's work (and I am sure you did), there is nothing wrong with the assignements of each switch for me. And I am using both the day and night version on my 5 touch screens configuration. So I really can't think of what has gone wrong for you...

Thanks for the feedback, I would like to confirm with you though, when select the "Back" button to bring up the back panel, as you look at the (2) switch covers for the "UV-26" you can confirm that you are able to flip both covers open and then you can successfully switch both toggle switches? ( I can not move the toggle switch at all from its off position to the OPER position). And the cover to the left of that "Win Bit" I can not even flip the cover.

Can you please confirm the bindings I have attached reflect what you have,, thanks.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Making progress with the UV-27 Test and OPER cover and toggle switch output bindings. I now have them working. I found that the "WinBit" toggle I referenced above is not click-able in the cockpit either, so disregard that. I am now going to try and find out why those same switches are not functioning as inputs back to Helios

Here is something disturbing I found today.It doesnt have anything to do with the UV-26 Switches and cover operation I tinkered with so far, but its a problem I believe? All of these years I have only been using the A-10 Profile, I recently added BlackShark 2 and Cart Zeens profile. I was finding some occasional problems with both profiles and I kept having to go back into the Helios Profile Editor where it would prompt me to update the Export.lua file, so I pressed the button to do so and all is well. What Im finding is that when I switch from running A-10, and then go fly the BlackShark2, I have to go into the profile editor 1st and update the Export.lua? That does not seem right to have to do that every time I switch between A-10 and BlackShark2, But if I dont, the gauges do not export? Why would this be?

*******DISREGARD THIS PARTICULAR ASPECT OF WHAT I AM RESOLVING*****

Gadroc gave me a quick response to this question I thought I would share as I was NOT aware of this:

"Unfortunately that is the case. Helios was developed before DCS World. Blackshark and Warthog where installed in different locations. I have not updated it to properly handle them both using the same export.lua."(From Gadroc)

Edited by Fakum

Fakum, I'm using a mod that automatically switches between the two; I'll try and find the source and post a link for you.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Thanks Tone71, I will look into that,, I was not aware of such an app,,, many thanks.

BaD CrC,,, WOW! On the Pit,,, about 99% of us Im sure are envious! Nice,,,,

Has anyone tried to take the modded HD Guages etc from this MOD:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94081

Devrim_DCSWBS2_RicardoHDcockpit_v2.1

And place them into Capt Zeens Helios Profile, it would be a very nice upgrade for looking at the gauges etc. I sifted through the file structure to see if I could do it but I couldn't seem to find the jpg files to pluck out and replace Cat Zenes with?

That is because none of those cockpit gauges are in JPG format. You would have to disassemble the cockpit files and create the JPG images that you want to use in Helios. It would be a fair bit of work.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback,, yes, sounds like a bit of work indeed,, I might just peck at it over time , thanks for leading me in the right direction.

• 2 months later...

Capt Zeen ( or anyone else that can help), Im still pecking at some Helios issues. Ive spent quite a bit of time trying to correct this switch problem but have not been able to. The "ENG_Starter_Rotary Switch" every time I try to swipe it say from APU to Left Engine position, I actually have to swipe in the opposite direct to get it to rotate in the direction I need. In other words, when I swipe Clockwise, the switch rotates counter clockwise. The opposite is true as well.

I switched from swipe to touch to try and avoid the nuisance, but it did not work well? I kept tapping the location on the screen I wanted it to go to and the switch would flip around here and there.

How do I reverse the rotation? Thanks for any help.

In addition to the above unresolved issue, I was trying to find out why the RPM levers were not imputing to Helios. I see in the bindings there is no "Set Position" option to do so? How do you implement that feature?

Capt Zeen ( or anyone else that can help), Im still pecking at some Helios issues. Ive spent quite a bit of time trying to correct this switch problem but have not been able to. The "ENG_Starter_Rotary Switch" every time I try to swipe it say from APU to Left Engine position, I actually have to swipe in the opposite direct to get it to rotate in the direction I need. In other words, when I swipe Clockwise, the switch rotates counter clockwise. The opposite is true as well.

I switched from swipe to touch to try and avoid the nuisance, but it did not work well? I kept tapping the location on the screen I wanted it to go to and the switch would flip around here and there.

How do I reverse the rotation? Thanks for any help.

This is how it works on my profile:

The rotator switch is defined as a touch.

The switch is divided verticaly in two parts: the left side and the right side.

If you click over the right part of the switch you get a counter clockwise, apu-LH-RH-Turbo gear- apu.... and so on, is an endless rotation

But if you click on the left side you get a clockwise rotation; turbo gear-RH-LH-APU and stop there, you cant go farther than APU in this direction.

In addition to the above unresolved issue, I was trying to find out why the RPM levers were not imputing to Helios. I see in the bindings there is no "Set Position" option to do so? How do you implement that feature?

The rpm levels dont have input from DCS. Only outputs to the sim.

So you can use it on the profile and it work on the sim. But if you move the levels from the keyboard, then the profile dont know that (not imput from dcs) and they are not moved on the profile.

Thank you sir on both responses,,,,,

• 1 year later...

I am taking a break from the A-10C and just getting back in the pit of the KA-50. I have noticed that this Helios profile has some items that no longer function in DCS 1.5, like the gear Up/GearDown lever, and the rotor break for example. I thought it would be a simple matter of keybindings, but this profile does not have keybindings for those functions, it has those other commands in which I could never figure out how to convert to simple keybindings?