new Trackir5 and pro clip and HELP

ctguy1955

I am having a lot of problem setting this up. I can only look left or right about

75 degrees and cant look in and out to see gages.

The learning curve, even after reading the manual, is frustrating to me.

Im in need of help, I downloaded a few dcs a10c profiles

and mostly fly the mustang.

I have off centered the trackir5 to the left on my screen to help

compensate for the pro clip on my headphone set.

Ive gone on the forums for Naturalpoint to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike

Did you download the latest TrackIR software and does the tracking work normally in the software suite?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

sounds like maybe your speed in motion control is set too low......go to basic settings at top left of trackir display page under motion control......set speed higher......anything low at 0.1 or there about and your head in game will only move about 45° to 75° mine is at 1.6 and smooth at 41 try that and see if that helps.......;-)

Edited by TwilightZone

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

The TIR5 does not come with a disk anymore, so you have to download the latest and greatest

software for it. The TIR5 software works great, its only trying to use it in DCS world

that it does nothing for me at all.

I reinstalled the TIR5 software and now I am also reinstalling DCS world too.

I had the same issues with the learning curve... try this, Jerry Abbot does a fine job 'esplain' things...

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

So after totally reinstalling the trackir5 software and the complete DCS world software on

my PC, it still does nothing. I had messed around with DLL files and LUA files and had

hoped that reinstalling everything would fix this. When I start the TIR5 software, and

then minimise it, just the one green light is on the left side. When I start DCS, another

green light comes on the right side, so it knows Im in a game.

I had hoped that re-installing everything would have fixed this. It worked when I

first started it up the first time, and I had the problems of not seeing left to right all

that well, Now it just does nothing at all.

I dont feel that I need to put dcs a10c or blackshark in as a profile, it should just

be working as is ????

Thanks for your help, but Im only home for two more days, and then back to

Malta New York for work and I wont have my PC to fly until Christmas. I ordered

a set of pedals too, Best buy had them for 99 bucks and everyone else wanted

149 so I got a deal !!!!

Thanks so much for your help !!!

post your trackir settings page like demon_ did a few post up. if you are having limited left/right and zoom movement in game look at speed settings in motion control as twilight said and and move it up some

Usual Suspects:joystick:

i7 6700k, 32g, Windows 10, Titan-X 12gb, Asus 27" 1ms 144hz, MFG crosswind pedals, trackir 5, TM Warthog

Im not having limited......I have NONE My DCS control panel under the TRACKIR

column is BLANK and that is why I think its not working. I downloaded the

A10 profile and put it into the Trackir5 profile area and it does not show up.

All I can choose from is default, copy of default and smooth.

Edited by ctguy1955

trackir will show up in game controls under axis commands....see if it shows up there

the speed setting i was talking about in my earlier post is in the trackir start up page....not the game controls. all settings and tweaks i do for my trackir i do from the trackir start up page before i start game.....i don't use the controls in game at all for adjustments of trackir

Edited by TwilightZone
  • Like 1

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Its funny that you should mention axis commands as ALL of them are gone, including

my keyboard commands. I had tried messing with them and erased the keyboard ones

by accident and thought when I uninstalled and then reinstalled the whole DCS that it

would come back.

I dont have a backup copy of the keyboard, but when I re-installed everything, I dont

understand why it was not fixed. Old files were still somewhere on pc and were reused.

Its funny that you should mention axis commands as ALL of them are gone, including

my keyboard commands. I had tried messing with them and erased the keyboard ones

by accident and thought when I uninstalled and then reinstalled the whole DCS that it

would come back.

I dont have a backup copy of the keyboard, but when I re-installed everything, I dont

understand why it was not fixed. Old files were still somewhere on pc and were reused.

mine was messed up for the longest time too. hope you get it figured out, good luck!

Usual Suspects:joystick:

i7 6700k, 32g, Windows 10, Titan-X 12gb, Asus 27" 1ms 144hz, MFG crosswind pedals, trackir 5, TM Warthog

OK, Id like to give a shout out to TZ for helping me. I now know that the trackir5 is

working perfectly and if I go to the p51 and play in game mode instead of sim mode

it works great.

I had messed around with a lot of settings and erased all of my axis commands

for the p51 sim mode and they are still missing. Users has a saved game area

where even though I erased everything, and even uninstalled and reinstalled

both TIR5 and DCS World, the keyboard is empty along with everything in commands

for axis. I dont know what to do. A Lua file is in place several areas I found for keyboard

and at this point Im stuck as I dont know why a full reinstall or even going to

program files in start area and then REPAIR DCS World has done nothing to

fix the SIM p51 keyboard area.

• 2 weeks later...

what you need to do is to:

1- download and install latest IR5 software.

2- erase User/Saved Games/DCS folder

3- Start DCS, go to options, click controls, from the left drop down click P-51D Sim, from the middle drop down click Axis Commands.

Check and report that everything related to view (e.g. absolute horizontal, vertical, shift,etc..) are mapped to different TrackIR axes (you may need to scroll a bit to the right to find trackIR as a column) and then go back to middle drop down and select ALL. scroll down that entire page and look for red markings indicating dual assignment. Click these boxes, then CLEAR.

I recommend watching Gerry Abbots TrackIR setup and instructions at least twice.

Then report back.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.