I loaded up EECH

tusler

Thought I would get a little nostalgic and load up EECH, that community has done great things considering what they had to begin with and I still love the dynamic campaign and all the chatter going on so you can tell what is happening and where it is happening. But it really shows how far ED has come with helicopter flight model and flight dynamics. I find it incredible how far sims have come since that time.

I started back in 1980, wow have the developers come along way...:thumbup:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

My first flight sim, from 1980, is still in the cupboard, complete with the computer ( Dragon 64) and joystick. It shows 2 crosses (the wings) and 2 converging lines (the runway). I think some people don't realize what they've got in a sim as good as this.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

My first flight sim, from 1980, is still in the cupboard, complete with the computer ( Dragon 64) and joystick. It shows 2 crosses (the wings) and 2 converging lines (the runway). I think some people don't realize what they've got in a sim as good as this.

yes, you are sooo right. I remember typing in basic from a magazine into a TRS-80 for hours, then debugging my typing and finally getting to see just the guages on a black screen, it had the Alt, VSI, Airspeed, Artifical Horizon and a couple others with no graphics of any kind, it was IFR and you had to use imagination to think you were landing or taking off.:doh:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

I remember those days. With great fondness, too.

My first "sims" were on the Acorn Electron and written in Basic. They were absolutely terrible, but I was obsessed with them at the time.

I never imagined that we'd reach DCS quality in my lifetime, so I tend to be very positive and enthusiastic about what we currently have in out hands. :pilotfly::joystick:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Im lovin this thread, i had a Commodore 64 and this exact sim, it was so intriguing at the time, that i just dont get it looking back from now. Heres a vid from someone that had the very same game, i think it took 20 minutes to load from a cardboard floppy disk or that might have been a cartridge.....

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

• 1 month later...

Yeah mine was Janes Longbow 2, then EECH, then Medevac much later...

EECH has some pretty cool mods have you checked the wiki theres still deveopment going on...:)

http://eechcentral.simhq.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Nice article For some EECH nostalgia

http://www.simhq.com/_air10/air_313a.html

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Yeah mine was Janes Longbow 2, then EECH, then Medevac much later...

EECH has some pretty cool mods have you checked the wiki theres still deveopment going on...:)

http://eechcentral.simhq.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Nice article For some EECH nostalgia

http://www.simhq.com/_air10/air_313a.html

I tried EECH some months ago and installed some mod or patch - can't remember anymore what it was exactly about, though. While I could live with the ancient graphics (which was already greatly improved due to those mod/patch), I just could not get over the flight model. Probably better than an ArmA III helo FM, but after DCS any other sim seems ... bleak. I can't help it but, dang, I am spoiled ... heh.

My first "sims" were on the Acorn Electron and written in Basic.

I must have been too busy living on Chukkie Egg and Boxer back then to play flight sims... Man, talk about memory lane - the hours I killed as a youth on an Acorn Electron. Hours of joy!

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly: