Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

Badger,

sorry, I'm not a mentalist,

so please answer these questions - so I can answer yours:

There are four different cockpits that are influenced by this modification.

Which one are you talking about.

Are you talking of FOV (aka Zoom) or do you talk of leaning.

(as this got mixed up very often)

And then also tell me if you talk of the max (in) or min(out) limits.

Thanks.

Edited by PeterP

Badger,

sorry, I'm not a mentalist,

so please answer these questions - so I can answer yours:

There are four different cockpits that are influenced by this modification.

Which one are you talking about.

Are you talking of FOV (aka Zoom) or do you talk of leaning.

(as this got mixed up very often)

And then also tell me if you talk of the max (in) or min(out) limits.

Thanks.

The A-10C , and leaning .

Dont know what you mean about the last question . Its difficult to see the EGI button , and also to see your own wheels , this is what I mean . Plus cockpit zoom doesnt seem to zoom well .

Im not complaining , as I like your mod very much , Im just asking is this the same for everybody , or am I having unusual issues ?

Strange thing I've experienced is that I basically have no range of motion off of the "centering" area of the head. Meaning, I cannot really move my head towards things, not as much as before.

I really enjoy the perspective, but I cannot get my head closer to any of the consoles other than the front dash and even then its obviously very limited compared to before. Now if I want to get a tight look on my left radio console for instance I have to either go to a snap view or use the zoom keys both of which are more inconvenient for me than just moving my head in a way that I'm accustomed to.

I take it this is intentional?

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

My only complaint is that I have to look down to get the top of the HUD in view. Otherwise, the effect of shifting viewpoint with turning head is excellent. I've long wanted this in the sim.

Aarron,

please have a look at this post:http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...7&postcount=17

The A-10C , and leaning .

Dont know what you mean about the last question . Its difficult to see the EGI button , and also to see your own wheels , this is what I mean . Plus cockpit zoom doesnt seem to zoom well .

Im not complaining , as I like your mod very much , Im just asking is this the same for everybody , or am I having unusual issues ?

Strange thing I've experienced is that I basically have no range of motion off of the "centering" area of the head. Meaning, I cannot really move my head towards things, not as much as before.

I really enjoy the perspective, but I cannot get my head closer to any of the consoles other than the front dash and even then its obviously very limited compared to before. Now if I want to get a tight look on my left radio console for instance I have to either go to a snap view or use the zoom keys both of which are more inconvenient for me than just moving my head in a way that I'm accustomed to.

I take it this is intentional?

Yes- this is intended -

I limited the 6DOF limits of your head-movement after I added the neck.

You are not able to place your 'nose' at a certain positions in real-life when you are strapped in to the seat.

This influence of course also that you aren't able to place your face directly in front of the EGI button

And I'm still able to see the gears from the cockpit. Well - not so good /easy as with the default view but I t think it is much more realistic. - you just have to 'bend' your neck a little more - like you would have to do it in RL.

Please look at this pictures that are made with this mod :

Screen_121030_101549.jpg

Left Top = Camera position towards the tire.

Left Bottom = Same camera position as above but now towards the canopy to show the position your head has to be to get a direct eye-line to the tire.

Left = This is the Position I can place my head to see the extracted gears.

So to be able to view the tires like in the default views you have to place your had to the front of the cockpit dash and turn your head 170°... - no real pilot is able to do it.

-Whatever-

I updated this mod with a second option to give you almost the old 6DOF back where you are able to place your 'nose' directly on your leap.

Please reload it and use "New View with proper Neck and default 6DOF limits DCS World 1.2.1"

The "New View with proper Neck and smaller-realistic 6DOF limits DCS World 1.2.1" folder contains the original Mod.

If you want to edit the 6DOF limits (the Box in which you are able to move your head) yourself:

Open Config\View\Server.lua and navigate to line #59 and look out for the plane you want to tweak.

Explanation for the Values:

limits_6DOF[A_10C] = {x = {-0.05,0.60},y = {-0.3,0.1},z = {-0.25,0.25},roll = 90}

=

limits_6DOF[A_10C] = {

x = {XMin-Back , XMax-Forward},

y = {YMin-Down,YMax-Up},

z = {ZMin-Left , ZMax-Right},

roll = Max Head Roll in degrees}

Edited by PeterP

Yes- this is intended -

I limited the 6DOF limits of your head-movement after I added the neck.

You are not able to place your 'nose' at a certain positions in real-life when you are strapped in to the seat.

This influence of course also that you aren't able to place your face directly in front of the EGI button

And I'm still able to see the gears from the cockpit. Well - not so good /easy as with the default view but I t think it is much more realistic. - you just have to 'bend' your neck a little more - like you would have to do it in RL.

Yes I appreciate the concept. I just think that in real life you can read your instruments better owing to your eyes have significantly better resolution than the monitor or the textures of the cockpit (also I'm a medium settings guy so stuff tends to not be as crisp for me zoomed out).

Appreciate also the "compromized" alternative.

I really dig your work. I'm going to try the new one.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Hey people, I am interested in this modification, I tried it real quick but I have some questions.

Do I still benefit from the mod, even if I set "usedefaultsnapviews" to false in the file that is coming with the mod?

I use custom snap views and I would re-do them no problem but I want to make sure that the mod does not lose it's purpose if you know what I mean...

So yeah, does using custom snap views break the mod's functionality at all?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Do I still benefit from the mod, even if I set "usedefaultsnapviews" to false in the file that is coming with the mod?

It is save to use custom snap-views together with this files .

Just edit the view.lua again. - I even recommend this in the ReadMe.

Users of Snap-Views may have to rework some of them.

This really depends on your used FOV and aspect-ratio.

Here is a "HowTo" >>> http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

Thanks man, it's just that the difference in movement is so subtile that I was insecure about experimenting even more with this whole view thing - I have no experience with it whatsoever (besides the snapviews) so I just wanted to make sure everything will still be working.

I read your readme, but it's always good to double check. Thank you a lot!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

I am in love with this mod man, thanks! Everything is so much more natural.

I am using the compromise no DOF restriction version, simply because my screen is pretty small. :)

Thank you so much pete, awesome work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

What line is the Default Snap Views for F-15?

Hey Guys,

I would like to adjust my values for my Snapviewsdefault.lua for in cockpit views for F15 in FC3. does anyone know which line numbers it is? Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://WWW.VFA-113.COM

Win 8.1 i5-3570 3.4ghz-Trackir5-TM Warthog - Pro-Saitek Combat Rudders-Viso 43" 4k"

Explanation for the Values:

limits_6DOF[A_10C] = {x = {-0.05,0.60},y = {-0.3,0.1},z = {-0.25,0.25},roll = 90}

=

limits_6DOF[A_10C] = {

y = {YMin-Left,YMax-Right},

z = {ZMin-Down , ZMax-Up},

roll = Max Head Roll in degrees}

I'd like to draw your attention to this part, because I think you have a little mistake here. Values ​​that are changed here refer to:

y = {YMin-Down,YMax-Up},

z = {ZMin-Left , ZMax-Right},

For example I'm for Su-25T set this values:

limits_6DOF[su_25T] = {x = {-0.25,0.2} ,y = {-0.15,0.25},z = {-0.26,0.26},roll = 90}

What I would like to ask how to limit angle turning of the head back so I had approximately sort of view?

I've tried various settings and in "Server.lua" for Su-25T - CameraAngleLimits, in "View.lua" for Su-25T - CameraViewAngleLimits, but without success. How do I set the view in the back?

Screen_121111_140826.thumb.jpg.181dfd0c4348f44b624d06ce070c045a.jpg

Screen_121111_140923.thumb.jpg.31914b57d5e563f19fe1959714c1ea92.jpg

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

This is the Linda Blair effect from the A-10C. It can be fixed using the corresponding entry for the Su-25T as listed below.

Found in the View.lua file.

Should be an entry like the following:

Line ??? CameraAngleRestriction [su-25T] = {1,120,0.5}

(Derived from this thread which I used to fix the A-10C's exact same problem: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=72409&highlight=linda+blair )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Ah I see, thx. I have tried to change these values​​, but I didn't notice any difference because I obviously put a bigger value. For the Su-25T I think this is the optimum

Line 158: CameraAngleRestriction[su_25T] = {1,110,0.5}

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Hi Peter,

Can you please re-release this with FC3 update and 6dof enabled for all planes? Its awsome and once you get used to this, its hard to go back to default trackir behaviour.

thanks,

V

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Its awsome and once you get used to this, its hard to go back to default trackir behaviour.

I agree.

Thanks Peter :thumbup:

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Peter,

Can you please re-release this with FC3 update and 6dof enabled for all planes? Its awsome and once you get used to this, its hard to go back to default trackir behaviour.

thanks,

V

No - I don't participate in testing FC3, and my honest opinion is that ED should sit down at a round table with all third party developers to discuss/set plausible standards for the eye-point position.

But here is a "How to":

open the DCS World\Config\View\Server.lua

go to line #43

and edit each EyePoint -example Su_27 :

from this:

EyePoint[su_27] = {0,0,0}

to this:

EyePoint[su_27] = {0.16,0.1,0}

Before-After.jpg

use this in conjunction with this mods:

Corrected FC3 flyables HD pits / Get 6DOF for Russian Planes NOW!

...and you should be set.

Edited by PeterP

Thanks for the explanation Peter. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|