Status update June 2015

Thanks for the update Ells, really looking forward to seeing the Typhoon in DCS!

It's just as exciting as the prospect of the F-18 and I'm absolutely confident its going to be a huge hit with the community when it arrives, it will be well worth the wait.

I know I'll be saying bye bye to my F-15C when the Typhoon is released!

Now all I need is my Tornado GR4 so I can hang up my air to air gloves for good ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Thanks for the update chris, watched the NH-90 at Paris Airshow, will be great to fly that and the Tiffy is my must have DCS plane.

Just hope you dont simulate the maintenance - read reports that 60% of our Tiffys and Tonkas are under maintenance (not sure if thats standard anyway).

Of course it could have media hype for those that never forgive them selling our Harriers.....the B******DS

Thanks for the update chris, watched the NH-90 at Paris Airshow, will be great to fly that and the Tiffy is my must have DCS plane.

Just hope you dont simulate the maintenance - read reports that 60% of our Tiffys and Tonkas are under maintenance (not sure if thats standard anyway).

Of course it could have media hype for those that never forgive them selling our Harriers.....the B******DS

I cant confirm that I have witnessed that, most of the aircraft we saw that were out of action was for minor things that went back into service very quickly

Pman

Will we be able to fly with a german Eurofighter? I hope so. And i never thought that you can develop such a new aircraft. I always thought everything is secret... But i'm happy. I'm looking forward to the release day :)

Why would we want the "cheap" german variant with lots of capabilities missing?!

The UK Version will get most of the goodies. PIRATE, Brimstone, Taurus, SkyFlash, ASRAAM and IRIS-T, Full DASS with towed decoy... I'm not sure where the German government sees the next opportunity for cost reduction, but just the livery is enough for me.

Then add all the possible weapons as much as you could (METEOR and ALARM pretty please!) even if certain countries don't field them. At least if you are allowed to model them. ;)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Shagrat they are simulating Block 5 that means AIM-9L, ASRAAM, AMRAAM (B or more likely C5), add the PW II LGB, hopefully Litening 3 and if we are lucky 1000 lb FF bombs. EPW II will already be missing according to PMan.

So forget about the rest of the weapons... Btw Taurus is not a weapon that RAF Typhoons will use, it's Storm Shadow which is being integrated with P3E (and P2Ea for KSA).

But never mind.

Great update guys, can't wait to see the next one.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Exact weaponry hasn't been confirmed yet but no brimstone, no shadowsword, no meteor either I'm afraid. Lgb is unlikely at the moment.

Pman

"What do you expect us to use man, harsh language?"

I'm not complaining, I like like to use every opportunity to pull out an Aliens quote whenever I can :smilewink:

I don't even think it's a big deal since, the Typhoon has such a large array of weapons we won't even miss the few that don't make it in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Nooooo! No Brimstone and no LGB. That's a nasty combination. :(

Ok, I can live without the Brimstone if we get a modern Maverick at least.

Without the Meteor I hope we get a AMRAAM at least.

But without LGBs... I love LGBs and buddy lasing and all that stuff. JDAMs just won't do. That's really meh.

Any word on ALARM or HARM?

Oh, and in case I don't say it often enough, here it is again:

Thank you very much pman, I want you to know that I appreciate all that info you give during your development. That really makes you guys at VEAO stand out, and it makes waiting so much easier!

But without LGBs... I love LGBs and buddy lasing and all that stuff. JDAMs just won't do. That's really meh.

Thank you very much pman, I want you to know that I appreciate all that info you give during your development. That really makes you guys at VEAO stand out, and it makes waiting so much easier!

No Harm or ALARM as they are not in use with the Typhoon. ALARM was originally intended but it was never developed so we will not include it.

No LGB? :( Pman when do you think you will have a list of atleast "confirmed / unconfirmed weapons" available?

We wont be able to confirm specifics until around Q4 I wouldn't have thought, near the back end of the year.

For the moment the only A2G that we are looking at is the Paveway II's, with a litening pod for designation but this is only theory crafting at the moment and no integration has taken place. Further discussion internally is required before a decision is made to integrate it or not, thereby making the Tiffie either the F2 or the FGR4 Block 5.

But there is no provision for a Maverick or the like, at most you will get Paveway II's

Pman

Wow, that's really a pity.

Fingers crossed we get the Paveway II at least, that would be great!

And maybe it is for the best, that way VEAO's Eurofighters and ED's F/A-18C may not both be in the exact same role, every of them retains a niche.

A full-blown Typhoon with Brimstone, Meteor, ALARM and all that stuff would make everything else almost obsolete I guess. :D

Hmmm, I can live with Paveway II, as well I may spare the Brimstone. It is still pretty classified I guess.

Any chance we see a Anti Ship or cruise missiles, maybe later?

Sure there isn't too much critical stuff involved as usually they are preprogrammed on the ground and just dropped?

And we already have cruise missiles in DCS.

ALARM is debatable, as it was dropped, yes, but why can't we get a HARM? It should be compatible with NATO equipment and I really like the idea, of finally having a valid alternative to the SU-25 for SEAD.

Now, about the Meteor... I'm really sad, we don't see it in DCS and really hope we get it some later point in time.

So to sum it up, can we expect ASRAAM, IRIS-T as SRAM to make it into the Sim?

Matched with AIM-120C or later AMRAAM?

For ground attacks this would mean basic dumb bombs, Paveway II and JDAMs? Any thoughts about cluster ammunition?

I'm very aware, we are in an early state of development. So I'm not asking what is definitely in or out, more like what you currently consider.

The Tiffy excels in a swing role capability and the versatile armamament is a major contributor to this flexibility.

Even if we can't have sophisticated stuff like Brimstone or ALARM, we could really use a mix of A2A, SEAD and Strike armament...

Don't get me wrong, I love the Typhoon, and I think it is really a great addition, for the flight characteristics alone, but the more versatile the platform gets, the better. :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hmmm, I can live with Paveway II, as well I may spare the Brimstone. It is still pretty classified I guess.

Any chance we see a Anti Ship or cruise missiles, maybe later?

Sure there isn't too much critical stuff involved as usually they are preprogrammed on the ground and just dropped?

And we already have cruise missiles in DCS.

ALARM is debatable, as it was dropped, yes, but why can't we get a HARM? It should be compatible with NATO equipment and I really like the idea, of finally having a valid alternative to the SU-25 for SEAD.

Now, about the Meteor... I'm really sad, we don't see it in DCS and really hope we get it some later point in time.

So to sum it up, can we expect ASRAAM, IRIS-T as SRAM to make it into the Sim?

Matched with AIM-120C or later AMRAAM?

For ground attacks this would mean basic dumb bombs, Paveway II and JDAMs? Any thoughts about cluster ammunition?

I'm very aware, we are in an early state of development. So I'm not asking what is definitely in or out, more like what you currently consider.

The Tiffy excels in a swing role capability and the versatile armamament is a major contributor to this flexibility.

Even if we can't have sophisticated stuff like Brimstone or ALARM, we could really use a mix of A2A, SEAD and Strike armament...

Don't get me wrong, I love the Typhoon, and I think it is really a great addition, for the flight characteristics alone, but the more versatile the platform gets, the better. :D

We won’t implement any weaponry that isn’t carried by Typhoons, so things like HARM and cruise missiles are out of the question I am afraid. Same for Anti-Ship, it’s just not a role that Typhoon forfills.

Meteor isn’t even in service with the RAF on Tiffies yet. IRIS-T you are also unlikely to get from us. Our focus is on the RAF Variant with appropriate weaponry and capabilities. IRIS-T is not planned for deployment on a T1 B5 jet within the RAF.

At the moment the sole Air to Ground weaponry we are considering is Paveway II’s as this is a true representation of the aircraft’s capability. The variant ours is based on only carries Paveway II's

Tiffie isn’t due to carry Brimstone and Shadowsword until 2018 at the earliest, so as far as our target variant with the Eurofighter is concerned it doesn’t come into play.

I know that it sounds like a lot of no no no no no. We have to work with the constraints that we are given and the variant that we have agreed to produce. We are about replicating true to life simulations of aircraft, adding things like ALARM etc just doesn’t match up to that mentality

Pman