New 3D model C-17 Globemaster III by precise3dmodeling.com

Unbelievable! Take a look at their web site for more amazing models!

http://www.precise3dmodeling.com

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagen that YAK-130 in FC?Somethink for our dreams

Gigabyte 790XTA-UD4,AMD Phenom II x2 555 black edition 3,7 Ghz,Zepelin 4Gb 1333Mhz ddr3,Gigabyte HD 5770 Superoverclock,HAF 922,TrackIR5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMAZING!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

This model for DCS only.
WOW! Will the DCS version of this model end up with way less number of polygons?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

WOW! Will the DCS version of this model end up with way less number of polygons?

Why would they bother making a high poly model for DCS if it does not end up in the game?:smilewink:

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Why would they bother making a high poly model for DCS if it does not end up in the game?:smilewink:

So they could have a high quality one for whatever they'd need one for and an optimized one for the game. 99k seems like way to much unless the engine supports that MUCH better.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

So they could have a high quality one for whatever they'd need one for and an optimized one for the game. 99k seems like way to much unless the engine supports that MUCH better.

The AH-64A/D models currently in DCS are approximately that size already.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

To use it in the movies. Or to demonstrate your skills.

As a former 17 Crew Chief I have to say how AMAZING this model is. I sat and stared at these pics for 5 minutes and I just can't get over how great it looks. The only thing missing is the REAR LAIRCM turret. But who cares... simply awesome looking.

Also... Mississippi? Why does the Guard get the glory? No love for Active Duty? :)

Edited by Stickers
  • Like 1

Very nice model! And I didn't know ED are going for polycounts like this themselves, excellent.

Now maybe you guys can start focussing on the lighting as well? Real time AO, specular and cosine maps, in cockpit self shadowing and Image based fill lighting is all I want. :D